Are there any real successful full-time professional forex traders on here...

Are there any real successful full-time professional forex traders on here? what type of trader are you andoing how long do you hold trades/what size targets do you have?
I've been playing with it for about 2 years but got serious about learning TA about a year ago but still struggle to bring in money consistently.
am I ever gonna make it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCdF_illVxSMte15zpTXmTsg
studyofcycles.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/paraphrase-of-ira-epsteins-rules-for.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dubs confirms

I knew it. good thread

Understand monetary policy, and how it impacts a currency's value. Use pivot points on 5 minute charts, they're a very helpful technical indicator for showing you where there's likely to be support and resistance.
You need to pay attention to economic indicators in general (but monetary policy is one the biggest influences)
Go to investing.com and monitor their economic calendar. It shows you data being released and what impact it could have.

thank you. I use myfxbook for economic data, which has an app with notifications etc. like i said I've been studying TA and taking it very seriously for nearly a year now. I just feel like I need a direction to focus my efforts. are you a pro trader?

I would never refer to myself as "pro". Just a constant learner.

You might want to also check out Ira Epstein on YouTube - youtube.com/channel/UCdF_illVxSMte15zpTXmTsg

He's an old timer futures trader who does daily videos breaking down fundamentals and how they impact the markets. He also uses takes you through to their impacts on the technicals. What he covers include major commodities, indices, and forex pairs (he also goes through extra charts if you suggest them in the comments).

This is a link explaining his technical analysis that he uses during videos: studyofcycles.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/paraphrase-of-ira-epsteins-rules-for.html

He uses a combination of moving averages, bollinger bands, and the slow stochastics momentum indicator, all together.

You should consider markets outside of forex too, imo. When you trade forex, you implicitly trade the commodities and indicies, they all impact each other.

Enjoy getting your order bucketed. Forex is a fucking scam for retail investors

appreciate it, I'll check that out

oh and yeah I already trade a few commodities, and the idea was to expand into shares and everything else once I was proficient at forex

TA is a meme, user.

Ignore shit like this btw, you're going hamstring yourself by ignoring TA. Just develop a method for being systematic in how you enter and when you exit. That's all that really matters. Improve on it and see what works best in differing types of situations. The general market DOES use TA, which is why things like Pivot Points and bollinger bands work. Never ignore anything that could have an impact on your position.

the fastest way to understanding price action in forex is with a 20 ema and a candlestick chart

Op comfirmed faggot 4eva btfo'd

dubs confirm u shud kys yourself

Treasury department leader here.
Personally trade my own stacks with various instruments and vehicles.

TA is all relatively basic provisional risk reduction, as user said before work on monirary olicy and economic environment dependant scenarios.
The devaluation o the audusd pair can help many anons out in the coming weeks. Just dont be on the cryptocoin spectrum and you will be fine !

chasing 3% returns i'd rather spend that time trying to suck my own dick

When you're trading with leverage, small percentages aren't something you always snub. You don't want to get overly greedy all the time too. It will eventually bite you on the dicc.

>trading with leverage

A great recipe for failure.

So would I. It's a valid use of effort.
Just stretch your stomach properly and attempt it almost every day, getting closer and closer.

Get to lick it first, then try kissing, before finally fellating.
Remember to work slowly. It is a vulnerable position and you do not want to hurt yourself.
The first time successfully sucking out your passion is heavenly.

Forex isn't always as volatile as you might think, and using hedging is obvious. Develop a system through practice for entry/exit. Watch fundamentals. It's not easy, most traders do fail, but it's because they don't bother doing what's mentioned in this thread, and they blow up. It's usually a combination of poor fundamental understanding, bad hedging, and FOMO.

Trying to make sense of short term price fluctuations is for fools. It's much better to look at the better picture.

A trading method is a trading method. I'm not going to concern myself with what others do. If you feel comfortable, then I'm happy for you.

Oh and position size is another issue.

>successful
>professional forex traders

L O L