Veeky Forums owners and entrepreneurs? How did you pick your industry/product/service?

How did you come to realize: "this is the right business for me" or did you just sort of fall into it?
What do you do and what attracted you to it?
How did you figure out that it was more profitable/rewarding than the other bazillion "good but needs execution" ideas?
Pic unrelated of course.

Who the fuck makes a thread In the middle of the night that isint about crypto? You goofed OP. Only people awake are coiners.

We make dehydrated food ingredients for industries
When nestlè sent over 100k euros in advance for our product then i understood this is the right business kek

i think its best to work on something that is fun for you or gives you a sense of purpose and you gain value and experience from weather anyone else ever buys into or not.

this passion and genuine enjoyment will drive you through the dark days .

or conversely if you aren't "that type of person" u should just do whatever makes most money the quickest.
which, wouldn't really lend itself to entreprenurial ship as much as passive investing/ renting / venture capital , purchasing previously established, profitable businesses .

which i would advise you do anyways even as an entreprenuer because u never wanna rely on one stream of income, especially your passion, to survive

maybe someone who lives in New Zealand, Australia, or the Philippines and is sick of seeing crypto threads?

How did you get involved with dehydrated food ingredients? Did you study to be a chemist or dietitian originally? Family business?

What industries have YOU been involved in, in a entrepreneurial capacity?

ones that meet my criteria for fun , passion, and non reliance on outside entities to accomplish my goals.

entertainment( music, writing. illustration and animation)
programming
robotics.

ofc currently my most financially lucrative venture(over 1 billion dollars), which also happens to be the biggest headache for me is a very unique space involving the management of a tax/debt/rental/service-fee collection entity .

>something I could do
>something that made money

Ive tried tons of internet business models and types of sites. Theres sites Ill do out of pure hobby and interest reasons but the stuff that just made me money and what I was good at is what my business is.

My father worked for Unilever and knew all the processes
We sold all of our properties to gather money and get started

fellatio tutorial videos?

So you tried out a lot of different things before you found which types of websites made you money. I'm curious, what were those, vaguely? Are they the one's you most enjoy working on by any chance?

Ahh, see, now that makes a lot of sense.

I make a full time living, have my own house, etc. from doing affiliate marketing mostly the fraud prevention for the offers themselves. I dont make a ton of money but its steady like a normal job. Fell into it a long time ago oddly enough when I was developing web games and got contacted by affiliate marketers wanting to place ads in.

I've developed web games, sites to help low income people, sites about shows/movies I like, some stuff involving crypto.

Im going to try again on a project involving anime later this year.

I have anything to deal with customer service, I enjoy the challenges that require just lots of trial and error or getting lucky to find a solution. The struggle is the fun part of everything, but Id like a project I actually enjoy, use, and could show people.

>Fell into it a long time ago oddly enough when I was developing web games and got contacted by affiliate marketers wanting to place ads in.
Ahh okay that answers my OP question. Thanks.

>I've developed web games, sites to help low income people, sites about shows/movies I like, some stuff involving crypto.

A lot of variety! You make it sound like an interesting career path.

Do you outsource any of the work now? Or are you a one man operation?

bump. Let's see if we can find the other three actual Veeky Forums men here.

I am not officially a entrepreneur yet, but in my case I started at a startup working after graduating. Been working there for 2 years now and I suddenly realize that what they're doing is so easy to just do myself (but better).

Now I know the market, the clients, the product, better than anyone else. Time to go solo :D (with 2 colleagues though)

We've been developing our own 'product/service' for about 3-4 months now. Currently sitting a lot with lawyers and other advisors to get the legal part right.
Worst part is that my current company does not allow me to compete with them for 3 months. So as soon as we are ready to go we still need to witi 3 months before actually being able to start.

Have any revenue yet?

Not really an entrepreneur. More like I got myself an independent job. (really just making a half-decent wage).

My stuff is Ebay based. I just sat around for days, analysing what people were selling on Ebay. Found one guy. Started emulating him. All of a sudden 50% of his old income is now mine. It really is that simple.

Cool. My father worked for Unilever too (yes, I know, lots of people did).

You are now my brethren user. Have a great day.

Cool, how long you've been doing that for now? Is that your sole or principle form of income?
Is it all on Ebay or do you like buy advertising n' shit elsewhere?

1. Find something you are good at
(2). Ideally something you enjoy
3. Make sure there is a real world demand for it
4. Profit

She looks like Michael Jackson.

I'm in the process of starting a business. Producing hot sauces, asian herb juices and selling herbs and leafy greens on the sideway.
But the paper work and all the licenses, allowances in my country make it a fucking drag..

It is about 50% of my income. Done it for about a year, so it works. Not seeing any copycats either, so one can literally copy someone, and very few will emulate you. Of course, putting up thousands of listings is tedious shit, but it is pretty close to the true definition of scalable.

that vague, fairly common sense advise doesn't really help at all.
What if you have multiple skillsets? What if what you're best at there is no real world demand for but your lesser skills which you don't have passion for are potentially more profitable? What if you strongest skill sets are high demand but saturated markets?

What if you're an artist?
What if your skills are industry agnostic as in you could work in say Food, or plastics manufacturing, or any number of industries so you can't really pick a particular niche?
What if the type of business you would be a natural fit for has high startup costs and soliciting investment isn't your strong suite?

I don't see it. Maybe some similarity in the shape of the jaw.

Is it capital intensive?