What countries are contedors to become the heir of Rome with the most legitimacy?

What countries are contedors to become the heir of Rome with the most legitimacy?

>Italy?
>Greece?
>Spain?
>Who?

Roaches need not apply.

If I see this thread ONE more time, Im gonna plotz. Saged, hidden, mic muted.

Romania

As a spaniard I would say Italy.

It's a humanities lovers place... who doesn't love roman culture?

america

Spain made an empire similar to the roman methods, except in religious terms, but Italy is closer culturally, so i would say Italy. Greece has nothing to do.

Syria

finland. :DDD

Russia is the 3rd Rome

Napoleonic France was the last Roman Empire

>The only one that was never an empire
Why? Because of the language? It takes more than that to be the heir of Rome

What does a nation need to have in order to be in the running?

Mount Athos

America

>Roaches need not apply.
You are feeling it but denying nonetheless.
Ottomans were the heirs of the Roman Empire, a brutal conquest based empire with relative degrees of tolerance. The only alternative would be the Imperial Russia which is ironically is not even on your list

America, obviously.

kys you're selves

You do realize that kys stands for "kill your selves" right? You don't need to say kill yourselves after the kys.

Who said anything about being an heir?

Everyone knows that the Dacians spoke the same language as the Thracians, who moved to Italy after the Trojan War and became the Etruscans who eventually became the Romans.

Latin is a Romanian language.

RIP in peace that guy lol

Man, he just btfo the fuck out of that guy.

>The colour red being associated with the Roman Empire is a meme.

>Red pigment for clothing/armour/artwork was too expensive to come by for the average soldier and even patrician.

>The Roman Legions were most likely a hodgepodge of dark, brown colours.

Wake up, fags.

France, and you know that I'm right

>France
>Germanic monarchy
>Shit tier martial tradition
>Liberal faggotry
France is literally the anti-Rome

The Vatican.

Romania.

>Shit tiers martial tradition
Reread what you just wrote. Slowly.

You're right about it being a meme, but there are several middle eastern historical sources which mention the red garb of a soldier, though they are probably talking about centurions who would have invested a lot of money into making their uniform gaudy and showy.

Also, Julius Caesar was known to have a scarlet military cloak which he wore into battle in order to be conspicuous to his men.

Russian Empire.
Here's how: Roman Empire->Western RE->Byzantine->Russia

This

Oh you're one of those guys

Red pigment wasn't expensive at all, in fact, it was the cheapest color to make.

Brazil.

Not all reds are the same, senpai. Ochre would be easy and cheap to make, but those rich reds we see Legionnaires sporting in movies and video games would have been a lot more rare and expensive.

I loled out loud

kek

Unironically, the US. The politics is similar enough with the Roman republic. Its people are similar in pride and nationalism too. You know, just before the decline.

>Unironically, the US.
ram your head into the nearest corner RIGHT now my senpai

Honestly that's stretching it. If you think about it they have very few in common.
Rome wasn't a former colony, didn't expand through religious values, and didn't have the "explorer" state of mind. You can find ways to relate them but sometimes it's just because the founding fathers intended it (architecture of monuments, senate, etc).
Just think of their caste system, too. Rome was by no means egalitarian.

holy fugg :DD