ITT: yfw you sprouted for the first time

ITT: yfw you sprouted for the first time
BitBean general

mfw I accumulated 267k beans today between 78 and 82

>mfw my computer froze and i restarted it this morning and my bitbean wallet refused to open because it couldnt load blkindex.dat
>mfw I had to back up my wallet.dat file and erase all the bitbean data from my computer
>mfw im sitting here syncing now with hours left to go

you can download a blockchain snapshot from cryptochainer.com
it'll save you many hours of syncing :)

All Heil the mighty bean

yes thanks
I used the official download from the bitbean website

but it was still like 50 days behind

next time i will try that site

I was there! Epic get...

yes quite the display of meme magic

sadly if anyone bought that day they are still severely down
on june 9 BITB was trading at ~220 sats

Anyone else feel like bitbean is about to pump up to 100 sats in the next few hours?

Have I missed out on the bean train? Will it ever reach a level that I could buy in and sprout my ass off?

how much beans do i need to start sprouting say daily ?

bout 700k

I think buying in below 90 still makes sense. Don't get too greedy and sell when you have a nice profit.

You need roughly 1 million beans to sprout every day.

OP here, I couldn't find any detailed resources on how to do this on linux, nor pc.

Anyone help me out here?

I've been running a wallet on a linode server, has been fine for now, but the syncing is taking for ever.

Is using bitbean a "safe" way of getting more btc? ( assuming it rises at some point), and then at some point buy into ans on a big dip?

I really cant afford to place much of my income in btc atm, since I'll be moving out soon.

i run on a vps
here's how i bootstrapped with the cryptochainer snapshot

>start the wallet and let it begin syncing
>quit the wallet
>unzip the downloaded snapshot inside ~/.BitBean/
>start the wallet

that's all there's to it :)

how do I cd into that folder?
I used sudu su and still couldn't find it for admin privileges

in my experience it's quite safe and very comfy. the only downside is that it's pretty slow-moving due to lowish volume

you only need it to go up 2 sats in order to make a profit, so track the market for a while, buy low and sell high (but don't get too greedy) and you can "safely" make yourself more BTC over time

open a terminal
cd .BitBean
unzip path/to/BitBean_blockchain.zip

ah fuck me, I'm an idiot.
thanks alot.
I'm currently from a block 264 days ago, is the new block listed here cryptochainer.com, a little more up to date?
This is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you.

it really isn't that difficult, I'm a linux noob and managed to do it under 2 hours or so.

just follow the desktop linux guides on linode, buy the 5$ node and lurk through the tutorials and you'll be set.

the cryptochainer snapshot is about a week old

beats 3/4 of a year so I'll try that, thanks.

how much are you paying per transaction fee on your bitbean wallets?