Tell me, George III, if the Empire is so great how was it defeated by simple farmers?

Tell me, George III, if the Empire is so great how was it defeated by simple farmers?

it just happens, bro...

Looking back on it the timing could not have been better for America. The geopolitics of Europe basically made it so that England could not launch a counteroffensive for 40 years and even then they were busy with Napoleon.

Unlike the servile Canadians we seized upon destiny!

*gentleman farmers

-t. Southern Aristocrat.

*gentlemen who let someone else farm

Pottery

>Tell me, George III, if the Empire is so great how was it defeated by simple farmers?

Tell me how was your white house burnt down three times by the people you insult?

why didn't george washington crown himself george iv of the americas?

three times?

and then the cock crowed !

Every IRA shitposter on here desu

There were bigger problems to deal with, much closer to home.

The French pretty much held Americas hand throughout the war, not to mention there was blockades in London from France and the Netherlands.

yea but what about the battle of new orleans britcuck

>the people you insult
your shitty navy was so shit you had to actually impress american merchants into serving you reap what you sow

Naturally. Unfortunately all the English peasants were going to New England so we needed an 'alternative.'

Tell me, Sir George Pearce, if Australia is so great why are there still emus running around?

BTFO
T
F
O

>simple farmers
>geroge washington literally the wealthiest man to ever be president

Adjusted for inflation he's third after Trump and Kennedy.

did not know that kennedy was that rich, and doubtful on trump since he hides his tax records. where is the kennedy wealth from?

With french muskets, french ships, and french support.

Because he's a based hero and a real human bean.
He truly is a saint.

Kennedy's dad was a multimillionaire businessman.

Rumor is he started out as a bootlegger during Prohibition.

But yeah, the Kennedy family was worth around 300,000,000 in 1960s money when he assumed office.

Noice.

The British Empire was kinda crap then though, and nowhere near the height.

Victorian Empire best empire.

One battle doesn't equate to having your shitty government building burnt down three times you Yankee pussy, and I'll just let you think about the second thing you just said...

Oh three words aswell, Battle Of Trafalgar, haha...

Childhood is thinking Washington won the war for the rebels.
Adulthood is realising the Spanish navy did

You would have had to burn it down three times in the first place for the comparison to actually be made

>another Murcan displays his grasp of history

It was French intervention that saved your fat ignorant arses.

well done deleting a comment because you an argument lost an argument haha

The entire "war" was nothing more than a minor skirmish in the French / British ongoing rivalry which was won (on this occasion) by the French. It's only taken on any historical significance because North America flourished as the outpost of North-Western European supremacy and because Americans worship their 'Founding Fathers' as a religion.

How did it feel to have your Navy beaten at the battle of Put-in-Bay,Toronto, and New Orleans? How did it feel when veterans of one of the strongest Naval Powers lost to Perry and Jackson? It's like a boxing match where you got one good punch in, but you lose and then brag about how you totally wrecked them despite getting fucked in the ring.

Sucking that French cock maybe...

>How did it feel to have your Navy beaten at the battle of Put-in-Bay,Toronto, and New Orleans?

The what now?

How are these even major battles other than in the minds of Americans obsessed with North American history?

I've never heard of any of them to "feel" anything about them.

You not having heard of something doesn't make it irrelevant, it makes you ignorant.

>Americans still think they won 1812

Even more retarded than when Canadians say they won it. The war basically ended in the status quo, the only losers were the native americans.

True, but I have a Masters in History and although I didn't go in academia my hobby is reading about history so I'm not that ignorant. And you didn't answer the actual question.

More territory was ceded to the US, forts were turned over, fishing rights given to the Americans, and the natives got BTFO. Sounds like the US won out in the end

I'm not the guy, but if you haven't heard of any decisive engagements in the war of 1812 you probably shouldn't be discussing the war of 1812. (of course generally "BURNED DOWN THE WHITE HOUSE!" is all anybody ever seems to know about it anyway). Of course major engagements in a north American war are going to be more relevant to people interested in north American history, no shit.

You can also easily get through a history education and staying ignorant of considerable amounts of history. I have my bachelors in history and there's immense amounts of shit I don't know, and from what I've seen all the masters does is develop a field of expertise. If I was expected to tell you about ancient Chinese history I wouldn't know where to start, education be damned. If your field is ancient roman sheep breeding you're not going to magically know more about 1812.

>More territory was ceded to the US

Was it? My understanding was that nothing changed territorially from pre-war.

>I have my bachelors in history and there's immense amounts of shit I don't know, and from what I've seen all the masters does is develop a field of expertise.

Of course, which is why most people that are educated in history haven't heard of random North American minutiae.

It's a "the continental army were guerrillas who took potshots at the moron Brits in their gay red uniforms. Von Steuben? Who's he?" episode.