Can you give me any examples of truly noble crusader? The paragon of virtue and chivalry?

Can you give me any examples of truly noble crusader? The paragon of virtue and chivalry?
Not like the ones that killed and looted civilians in Jerusalem and Constantinople. (inb4 it's justified).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)
christinprophecy.org/articles/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-antichrist/
youtu.be/ocW3fBqPQkU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Saladin was better than all of them, and he was a muslim.

Godfrey of Bouillon

saint Louis, Philippe of Flanders

Godfrey of Bouillon

This desu

This is the view popularised by panegyrics written by people close to his court who wanted to present an idealised picture of him. This view was then appropriated into western medievalist historiography. More recent historical studies don't tend to buy this view or take an especially contradictory one but instead use the biographies of Saladin to demonstrate what values were championed by his contemporaries.

tl;dr saladin as an epic chivalric guy is bullshit but he certainly wasn't a monster

>certainly wasn't a monster
That alone already make him better than all crusaders

Explain

t. Abdullah in Jerusalem

Richard Coer de Lyon

Bohemond joined for the sole purpose of taking more Byzantine land but he strayed from his righteous path after hooking up with the other kings.

Raymond , Count of Tripoli. He was chill with Saladin and tried to prevent hostilities .

>Saint Louis
>Forced the jews to wear a distinctive piece of tissue over their clothes and finally expelled them
Literally the Hitler of his time

Simon de Montfort

You're fooling noone Binyamin

No, Crusaders are not actual Christians

Thout shalt not kill

Thou shalt not be a fag

Renaud de Châtillon

>wanting to trek across a contient with burly sweaty men in the heat
>thou shalt not be a fag
Huh.

You're projecting your own desires onto another poster.

>armies are all g-gay guys!
Maybe to a raging, pride flag waving degenerate like you. Sorry to burst your homo crusader fetish.

>be godfrey
>inherit a substantial holding from your uncle, and tell the eternal frog to fuckoff repeatedly
>despite ploughing blood, sweat and tears into your lands, heed the call to save fellow christians, and sell off your possessions
>as bohemond et al. fuckoff, keep the soldiers heading deeper into muslim lands
>storm the walls and chop up fatimids left and right to take jerusalem
>refuse to be crowned king because only god himself is king of jerusalem
>take over a bunch of cities around jerusalem by killing more muslims
>die in battle for the glory of god

Fucking /ourguy/
>some of this might be mixed up because my knowledge is mostly based on the norman gesta of the period

let me tell you about the most based crusader of all OP

>Be king of sicily
>fuck everyone's on the way to the throne of HRE
>makes the papacy so butthurt he gets excommunicated twice
>promises to go on a crusade for the pope
>after two years of not sending troops, pope gets angry
>he goes when he is no longer expected to
>met with the ayyubid sultan face to face and befriends him through falconry and wit
>given jerusalem by the ayyubid sultan and gets crowned "king of Jerusalem" for pure keks just to make the pope butthurt
> Achieves the restitution of Jeruseleum, Nazareth and Bethlehem through diplomacy,whilst under double secret excommunication by the Pope
>all this without a single blood being spilled
>comes back triumphantly
>years later, speaks arab and invites based Averroës to his court

the sixth crusade is comedy fucking gold

HERESY
E
R
E
S
Y

Is the desire to fucking ally with the muslims hardcoded into german DNA or something?

dunno hes pretty based desu, at the age of nine he told his vassal to lock babies in a room and told everyone to never spoke to them for years just to see what language they will speak. pretty funny prank desu

What became of it?

>An experiment allegedly carried out by Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II in the 13th century saw young infants raised without human interaction in an attempt to determine if there was a natural language that they might demonstrate once their voices matured. It is claimed he was seeking to discover what language would have been imparted unto Adam and Eve by God.

>The experiments were recorded by the monk Salimbene di Adam in his Chronicles, who wrote that Frederick encouraged "foster-mothers and nurses to suckle and bathe and wash the children, but in no ways to prattle or speak with them; for he would have learnt whether they would speak the Hebrew language (which he took to have been the first), or Greek, or Latin, or Arabic, or perchance the tongue of their parents of whom they had been born. But he laboured in vain, for the children could not live without clappings of the hands, and gestures, and gladness of countenance, and blandishments.

You shall not murder*

Pretty interesting. Sort of like a 13th century Genie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)

>formosus: how many levels of heresy are you on?
>frederick II: idk my man like conspiring with eygpt and quadruple excommunication
>formosus: you are like little choirboy, watch this!
>CADAVER SYNOD

granted papal exemption from the sin on taking the Cross, if I remember. Killing heathens is doubleplusgood.

He was better because he was Muslim? I don't think religion makes a man. Typically the other way around in fact.

Acts are noble, not people... unless we're talking about the heredity title.

>ignorantly generalising entire groups of people
the fuck are you doing on this board

This, crusaders were mostly poor peasants who wanted an excuse to go rape and pillage abroad. They knew nothing at all about Christianity.

Tancred, Prince of Galilee
When Jerusalem was finally taken he was the only crusader who tried to stop the mindless slaughter of the civilians in the city.( He failed but he still tried )

This, the crusaders was a diverse group unified by the desire to steal lands and to kill people for not beliving like them, you can't just generalizing like that.

I want deus vult LARP'ers to leave.

I don't even know why anyone likes them, they did more to harm Christendom than help it by sacking Constantinople. Also they were complete and utter failures that failed to hold any territory in the Levant and got btfo by more skilled and disciplined Muslim armies.

>allegedly
whats scary about this is that what is described to have happened is actually pretty common with children that this happens to...such as twins that create their own language and use hand gestures and shit. The story sounds like BS but the alleged results are very much what you would expect

They held that territory for 200 years. It's like saying the American revolution was a failure if US collapsed in 2017.

DELET THIS

I find it sad that some people are so lacking for an identity they have to look at something hundreds of years the past and try to glamorize it.

>I find it sad that some people are so lacking for an identity they have to look at something hundreds of years the past and try to glamorize it.
>This was an actual sentence written on Veeky Forums...
wew lad

Looks like the MIDF is in full force today.

Illiterate fuckhead

Can't we just pay North Korea or someone to conduct an experiment like this? I want to know what happens

Children don't develop language without human interaction during the critical development phases of early childhood. This is well known.

I like this pick. Tancred is definitely underrated.

Some Egyptian guy tried this too I think

>christians are good warriors
>christians are virtuous

lmao

aside from orthocucks, nothing is worse than the base catholic

based catholic*

But they will have eachother to interact with. They will communicate somehow.

Why do you think the first crusade started?

They were promised remission of sins, which means they were acknowledging their evil nature.

this guy gets it

lel

Noble crusader is a myth build up to legitimize their brutal regimes.

In fact, I'd be surprised if > 10% of the crusaders were acting noble at all and weren't simply a zealot/mercenary/etc

Mudslimes can't eat bacon faggot.

>1438
>caring about muh bacon this much
amerifats, when will they learn

>This is the view popularised by panegyrics written by people close to his court who wanted to present an idealised picture of him.

The writers at his court were at best neutral about him. It was entirely European writers who idealized him, even going so far as to make him into a reoccurring fictional hero in many poems and stories from as early as the 13th century.

Most likely Saladin was made a paragon of chivalry because of the chivalric literary trends at the time hungry for a worthy adversary archetype.

Simon de Montfort

You better not be serious given Urban ii's chief Crusader demographic was educated French nobles who already had the money to afford the expensive transport costs to the middle east. You're retarded if you think they didnt know anything about Christianity.

The Frenchmen who dropped out of the 4th Crusade when they found out that it's going to sack a Catholic city.

>one of the results of the treaty was that Jews were once more prohibited from living in Jerusalem
What a man!

I got you senpai

This!

Bohemond I was probably the most noble

Debatable... though
''Byzantines land'' that was taken by muslims in which he wanted to take for himself.

I'm almost set on the idea that he actually in his heart believed in chivalry, valor, creed, and the way of God.

The guy was nearly stripped of his noble title and lost his claim to heir. He had nothing left for himself and all along faught for his Father even before he went crusading and even though he was bastardized. Bohemond even saved the Pope one time and even better he literally dropped everything when he neard about the Crusaders and packed up for the holy land midsiege of Almafi.

The guy was also one of the only crusaders who actually knew where the fuck they were going and in certain accounts was seen as a hero.

He was a noble guy and never fluffed himself or took part in the whole propaganda aspect of the Crusade.

>He was a noble guy and never fluffed himself or took part in the whole propaganda aspect of the Crusade.
You're kidding, right? The accounts fluffing up Bohemund were the result of his actively going around Italy and France after the First Crusade drumming up support from his newly gained prestige, all just to invade the Byzantine Empire again. Just what lands taken by Muslims was he trying to take by landing in the Balkans and making for Durazzo and Constantinople?

He actually invaded the Balkans after the First Crusade.

He had a good heart going into the crusades. Post the first Crusade, he was just trying to take car of unfinished business. He had been trying to establish himself in the Balkans for some time.

He was Noble, he turned his back on Jerusalem when he saw what the Crusade had becomeand focused on Antioch which was recently in Muslim hands.

Though I cant say i know his true intentions, I doubt the guy wanted to take over the entirety of the remaining Byzantine Empire. It just seems too big of a conquest for a guy like him.

He invaded with an army of 35,000 men. What did he hope to accomplish? Just get Alexius off of his back? It wouldn't be feasible to conquer the entire empire or even to steal some land off of them. He probably just wanted some titles and concessions from Alexius in regards to Asia Minor and the Holy Land.

The one intelligent man in a total shitstorm of brainlets, what a legend.

So you are agreeing with me then?

Yeah. I'm not . Just somebody who is interested in the subject.

But was he really trying to be the Antichrist??? He literally attempted to follow suit of the prophecy.
>claimed to have dug up Charlemagne's crown
>crowned himself king of Jerusalem
>came from ''''Roman''' origin

christinprophecy.org/articles/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-antichrist/

Tancred did nothing wrong.

youtu.be/ocW3fBqPQkU