What does Veeky Forums think of John Green and Crash Course?

Good historian or biased?

I wonder if you could've figured it out from the 30 daily threads we have about him.

He's not a historian.

Look in the archives, there are literally scores of threads on this subject.

He is pretty good and unbiased. He offers a very rational, centrist liberal perspective compared to other biased far-left or far-right sources.

John Green posting should be a bannable offence

Incredibly biased. Did you see the mental gymnastics he did to try and convince himself that alexander didn't deserve to be called "the great"?

He's not a historian at all. That's not even to say his podcasts and youtube clips are bad, I've barely seen any of them and only know him from Veeky Forums.

However your favourite (or most hated) podcast and youtube clip presenter isn't suddenly a historian

He's the personification of a cringy Tumblr blog trying to teach history without doing any actual research

Also technically he didn't write the most part. It's his high school teacher or something

This.

I like Crash Course Mythology.

He's just the presenter. He's reading stuff someone who actually knows (albeit not much) something about history wrote.

you probably think John Oliver is funny as well.

t. radical centrist

>watch the alexander the great video
>spends more time talking about how the great title is misogyny than alexander
>spent more time bad mouthing alexander than talking about what he did
>spent more time talking about alexanders wife than alexander
Dissapointing

Radical centrist here

Fuck John Green.

historical revisionist

Hes pretty biased but honestly not too bad if you're just a younger kid interested in history

Aren't younger kids who have an interest in history the people we should be MOST worried about learning a very specific delusional perspective?

It literally says "Crash Course"
Not something for deep historical knowledge just quick

I don't know why but I hate centrists then any other ideological group, I'm a goddamned Nazi and I hate them more then Communists. Something about them makes my blood boil. I think it's their general apathy towards politics.

Biased cuck.

agreed. i hate this cheerio man
>if u like cheerios
>that doesn't mean i can't like cheerios too
>let's all just mix cheerios

>the Greeks would've been better off conquered because the Persians were le progressive
>muh noble savage meme
>the crusades were unjustified but Muslims dindu nuffin

The only video of his I saw was the French Revolution one years ago. It was okay I guess. He's not really a good historian as much as an entry-level one though.

>What makes a good man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power!? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

His channel is designed to engage high schoolers and covers material that usually takes months in a matter of minutes. Complaining about him glossing over/embellishing/and twisting facts to grab people's attention is fucking retarded. Material like this is basically designed to go along with actual education tools to expand on what they show.

>John Green
oh one of these threads

>crash course on [any European country]
SLAVERS! MISOGYNISTS! WHITE SUPREMACISTS! WARMONGERERS!
>crash course on [any non-European country]
Peaceful, multicultural, democratic societies free of hate until the Europeans arrived to enslave them.

You're mad because he pointed out that Persia abolished slavery before Greece lmao?

John Green isn't a historian or pretends to be one. Makes it pretty clear that he presents a series made by an Indian Muslim historian. John Green simply makes vlogs with his brother.

He is entertaining. Not funny but he entertains and occasionally is informative.

Radical centrist here. I like John Green.

Based. I like how much he triggers eurocentrists who think europeans were perfect peaceful good bois.

>watch his US History videos because professor suggested them
>get to the Civil War
>shows complete disregard for the military history of the war

He's ok but quite biased sometimes.

Depends though. If you are the "sitting on the fence" type who does not believe anything either because you are to vapid or don't want to offend people, then yeah

Today though, both sides on the spectrum seems to have drifted further to their respective sides and discourse seems to have devolved into shit flinging, strawmen and ad hominem

every extremist hates centrists because they make them look stupid. guess what else? all legitimacy far left has they got from you.

unprofessional, not an actual historian
which is a shame since he is, but his quality is of hobby historians or rather lower than that, do not watch, really, just dont, aside from his bias and political agenda, he is just wrong in every video of his more than enough times to be considered a joke

Remember when he had to apologize for some of his videos being filled with falsehoods?

Western Civilization has shown such a great capacity for meaningful self-criticism over the centuries that, by comparison, John Green's shallow commentary immediately reveals itself for the virtue signaling that it actually is.

Every culture is filled with self criticism though.

He's a right annoying cunt, always taking the side of the savages and enemies of civilization in his accounts

My history professor suggested we watch Zulu

I do to. I learned that some african tribe worshipped a spider like they're fucking drow or something

He's probably referring to how John Greene perpetuates the Noble Savage meme. Watch any of his videos that deal with American Indians. He lumps thousands of ethnically and culturally diverse tribal peoples into one mythical egalitarian, feminist society that didn't have conceptions of ""misogyny"" until Europeans showed up.

No one really gets triggered at how he mentions crimes committed by Euro nations. They're triggered that he glosses over crimes of non-euro nations and intentionally misrepresents things.

Persia never abolished slavery though, you couldn't hold Zoroastrians as slaves and it was temporary usually for debtors, doesn't mean there were none at all

That's because European nations did commit crimes, many genocides and other horrible actions. But calling those whom the europeans crushed under foot noble men and women is a blatant false hood done to make up for years of oppression. If you want to tell the stories of the oppressed tell the truth about how in many of these tribes and civilizations, they were just as misogynistic and racist as the Europeans its just they didn't have the gunpowder to back their views up.

Lie by omission is still lying. Pretending the Arabs dindu nuffin is just stupidity. Believing the noble savage myth after 1960 is nigh unforgivable for a 'historian'.

>He is pretty good
lol
> and unbiased
lool
>very rational
loool
>centrist
looool
>other biased far-left or far-right sources.
good meme lad, made me reply

Why shouldn't you? The mythology series doesn't have John green hosting the show or writing the script. Personally I love the astronomy series, the host for that series is very comfy to listen to.

absolutely this

wish i could upvote