Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome

Hello... and welcome to the History of Rome

Other urls found in this thread:

thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/the_history_of_rome/2011/08/146-the-spear-of-destiny.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>goodbye, this has been... the History of Rome

*sacrifices son*

Was it podkino?

>tfw you will never fuck Lynda on your Casper mattress after shaving your pubes with Harry's Razors while blaring raunchy erotica you bought on Audible

>you will never watch your daughter ride around in an Away suitcase while your son jumps on your high quality Casper mattress and your dog chews on Bark Box toys as you shave with Harry's razors listening to Audible podcasts as your wife prepares a Hello Fresh dinner

>when Mike tries to pronounce anything in Latin or French

>the cordal-yee club

>SAN DOMANG

>that time someone recommended 1421 to Mike and he only later realized in horror what it was and did the opening ad as like a two minute screed about what a hunk of shit it was

Lol, can't remember that. What episode?

>"Hey guys, so Mrs. History of Rome needs to go grocery shopping, so I gotta take a 4 week break to help out"

Love you Mike

I wish I could remember but I think it's somewhere in the episodes on Constantine.

I've just started watching his series about Rome, starting it's the Punic wars, and it seems pretty good. Although why does he keep on referring to Rome as an empire in every instance. It kind of bugs me a little.

Spear of Destiny:
thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/the_history_of_rome/2011/08/146-the-spear-of-destiny.html

>finish history of rome
>try to look for similar podcasts about different cultures
>all those terrible knock-offs
Kill me

He means empire, not Empire. In the sense that we might say banking empire, or real estate empire, today.

Isn't it a later helmet?

Byzantium's fine except for putting a couple of narrative important episodes behind a paywall and is probably the best of "HoR" style podcasts. I'd like the History of England more if I could actually understand what the fuck he's saying but sadly the English suck at speaking English.

Rome was an empire from a very early date. The "Principate", or what Augustus instituted, named for the Princeps, first citizen, is sometimes called "The Empire", but it isn't really meaningful. You have to understand the structure of the Roman political system to understand why. The position Augustus Caesar held was more like that of Sulla than that of Justinian. Augustus basically made the sort of military dictatorship that held flared up off and on for several generations prior into a lasting position.

Anytime else re-listening to it? I'm catching a lot of shit I missed before

*Anyone

Don't worry it starts back up again in 1947.

I am. It got depressing after Trajan, what a shit show of uninterrupted incompetent emperors.

I am. Currently on the stuff involving Theodosius, Magnus Maximus and Ambrose. Fuck all three of them by the way, especially Theodosius.

>Listening to History of Rome podcasts
>Learn that Scipio Africanus was only 25 when he volunteered to go where everyone else, including his father, failed and died
Damn. I know that the new generation always idolizes those who came before the, with even Caesar weeping when he compared himself to Alexander but this really makes me feel.

I did a year or so ago. Allthough I started at the fall of Nero.