What exactly have been the contributions of Rome to mankind?

I'm not talking about superficial things like language, or things that actually originated in Syria in the Late Empire. I mean actual ancient Roman advancements that changed the world. It seems there isn't anything in terms of science, technology, or culture. Is there anything else?

The one thing that is regularly brought up is law. Not the legal system, but rather individual laws, specifically relating to corporate law, which were adopted in medieval Western Europe from the codex of Justinian. But do those even date back to ancient Rome, or are they actually Greek/Byzantine?

It's clear that you haven't checked the board to see if the same topic has been posted, or you're jumping on the "Rome didn't invent anything" meme train.

There's really no call for this kind of butthurt.

It's a simple question and a legitimate subject of discussion, your reaction doesn't exactly strengthen your position.

This guy was actually first. The maker of the other thread just needs to be perma-banned.

see

Aqueducts, Newspapers, Roads and a lot of surgical practices came to mind

inb4 "water, writing, and roads all existed before, ergo their improvements aren't worth anything"

I actually made both threads. But since this one was getting completely ignored, I made a shitpost version, and surprise surprise, massive replies.

Almost all of them dumb though, but I guess it served to answer the question, namely that Rome really hasn't created anything much.

Can mods use this as evidence to ban him for making repeat threads?

Well you can't invent something that existed before I'm afraid, so the fact that roads and aqueducts existed long before Romans is a bit of an issue for your claim that the Romans invented them.

As for newspapers, if you mean the Actia Diurna (which is not a newspaper), do you have any source of it being the first of its kind? Like I said in the other thread it seems like Greek city states, especially Athens, would likely have had something like this as well.

Don't you find it troubling that you're so insecure in your beliefs that you constantly demand banning any discussion of them?

I think you might feel better in some circlejerky sub-reddit.

Not really, you're not making any contribution to anything, you're just killing threads. What do I gain from permitting you and your lies?

Don't go crying to mods because you were repeatedly proven wrong in such an embarrassing manner, it's beyond pathetic.

The funniest part is that I have no stake or prejudice about this issue, I'm only interested in finding legitimate Roman achievements. It's only your hilariously butthurt retard level shitposting that forced me to tear down your nonsense and thus appear to be taking the opposite position.

So is it okay if I report this thread?

Don't underestimate how much Rome improved roads. What the built was 100x more impressive than anything else the world had seen

Maybe if they banned people like you this board could have some worthwhile discussion.

We weren't proven wrong, you're just being an autistic retard. We listed scores of Roman innovations and you made one autistic excuse after another about how they actually belonged to a prior or following civilization.

And why would I not use every possible method to silence you? You're ruining this board with multiple retard threads.

dumb shitposter

The concept of invention itself is rather ephemeral anyway. Any useful innovation is worth mentioning and acclaiming.
Otherwise you have idiotical situations where the country that kickstarted a field of study gets the credit for all development within it, even if it was done elsewhere.
I mean, the romans didn't invent pathways, but does that mean that roman roads aren't a commendable achievements? Does that mean that modern roads aren't a commendable achievement?
When does mechanical calculation start? Do we praise the astrolabe? Do we praise the slide rule? Pascal's calculator? The analytical engine? The differential engine?
It's a dumb fucking argument. Any improvement ought to be counted.

You spammed dozens of random things that have nothing to do with Rome, and then chimped out when that fact was pointed out.

Go take your shitposting somewhere else.

How exactly did Romans improve roads?

>one autistic excuse after another about how they actually belonged to a prior or following civilization
You mean proved you wrong?

>How exactly did Romans improve roads?

with multiple layers of materials meant to make them endure heavy usage, the elements of nature and time that require many specific steps and strict standards of construction, a development unique to a civilization with such a massively superior economic activity, trade and traffic to any other before.