Could the U.S. conquer Switzerland?

could the U.S. conquer Switzerland?

We're not so different, I think it would be a great challenge, if they were in fact our only adversary then of course conquest could be achieved due to superior numbers, production capacity, ect.

Yes.

The real question is whether it would take more or less than a week to do.

I dont think you're taking topography and their defensive capabilities into account enough

Ive seen a documentary that there are tons of fortresses in the mountains equipped with artillery and stuff.

My Swiss friend once told me that if needed they can blow up mountain sides and block off many routs of access.

They couldn't take Vietnam or North Korea, how the hell would they take Switzerland

>& humanities

>could the U.S. conqu-
No

They couldn't take Nam but they're going to take a 1st world defensive haven.

All jokes aside, I'm sure the US could conquer Switzerland even if it did just mean blowing it to shit and throwing a flag on it but I can' t imagine France and Germany are going to be over the moon about it and would likely offer assistance to the Switz

Let me make this question more specific to eliminate muh vietnam arguements.

Without taking into account politics, could the U.S. military take and control Switzerland?

no, the swiss would trigger Wilhelm Tell option

>and out of nowhere a 10MT anti matter weapon ground detonates on Yellowstone

no, it would be an act so belligerent that other countries would fear a military coup has taken place and help Switzerland

well you would have to define conquer. If that means making the Swiss surrender, I would say yes, but if that means clearing and occupying every area of the country, no, the populace is too armed, it would turn into a years-long guerrilla war.

it's doesn't matter

everything about this post is flawed

barring interference from other countries? Easily. Bomb the living shit out of it and then just deploy infantry to every last square kilometer.

Why, 250g of antimatter and the US go into permanent volcanic winter holidays. When that thing busts you can play pond hockey in Florida.

>the US was trying to conquer Vietnam
t. retards

swiss tunnels > vietcong tunnels
burgers be fucked

for one Switzerland possesses no means of delivery,

ten megatons of explosive force is not going to rupture the earth's crust

and antimatter can not be gathered in the way you're imagining it to be turned into a weapon at the present date, this isn't star trek

furthermore, nuclear retaliation would be very real, and would not require a dubious awakening of a dormant volcanic system to wreak utter annihilation upon the swiss alps

>w-we totally wanted North vietnam to annex the south! w-we didn't lose!

Obviously the US lost the Vietnam war but their performance there has absolutely nothing to do with OP's hypothetical where there are no political reasons for why the army can't invade half of switzerland. retard

>for one Switzerland possesses no means of delivery,
250g in a suitcase is enough, slap a diplomatic luggage sticker on it and your good.
>ten megatons of explosive force is not going to rupture the earth's crust
No it wont. however it is strong enough to create a fissure in the thin and weak crust above the huge supervolcano magma chamber
>and antimatter can not be gathered in the way you're imagining it to be turned into a weapon at the present date, this isn't star trek
Hey, Cern is the biggest research facility on earth and worlds major producer of anti matter and anti matter technology. If anyone can do this, then its them!
>furthermore, nuclear retaliation would be very real, and would not require a dubious awakening of a dormant volcanic system to wreak utter annihilation upon the swiss alps
retaliate against what? Because a Volcano busted? There is no way to trace an anti matter eruption on the volcano explosion background. On the charts it looks normal and no one will ever know because the Swiss are discreet.
>implying you would want to trigger Switzerlands secret bioweapons program.

SERN's goal isn't to make anti-matter weapons, baka. they're building a time machine

"time machine" is the wrong therm, it is a multidimensional portal trough spacetime. But your right, the anti matter weapons where just a side project.

>If anyone can do this
Noone can.

Cern can, pic very related.

>antimatter weapons program at CERN

>implying you would want to trigger Switzerlands secret bioweapons program.
Project Ueli, shit scares the living crap out of me!

>like a thousand Antihydrogen atoms trapped for a quarter hour
You're going to have a hard time trying to kill literally anything with that you know.

That was years ago, by now they have advanced much farther and have produced significant quantities of anti matter.

>he doesn't know the vietcong were completely wiped out

Typical yurotard.

>They couldn't take Nam but they're going to take a 1st world defensive haven.

Yup, because first world countries will probably surrender before they resort to insurgency.

War is the best humanity. Admit it.

Keep fighting the good fight brother!

Come on, we're talking about the Swiss here.

And we weren't trying to conquer Vietnam. We were trying to defend South Vietnam ffs,

We accidentally bombed it numerous times during WW2 and they didn't do shit, so probably.

I'd say there are two ways to "conquer" swiss:

1) bomb it to pieces and flatten every swiss mountan until there's nothing left to conquer...

2) a massive flood of ground troops invade the country and in a costly artrition war make them starve in their mountain fortresses because they can't come out and get food. But in that case they would do hit and run attacks or try to do long range attacks when you can't see where it came from.
Just look at Iraq / Afghanistan footage when the US bombed a whole mountain range because they didn't exactly know where the mortars / shots came from. Now imagine that scenario with a trained force with better weapons and fortifications.

yes because swiss ppl are not swiss ppl anymore

aside from the albanians and yugotrash, the swiss are just too comfy, they wont care if its called switzerland or idk, USland, as long as they keep their comfy living stanards they wont raise an arm

We couldn't even beat the Swiss Navy, let alone take their entire country. They ALL shoot. They ALL do a turn in the military. Our militaries even use the same KNIVES. No, we couldn't and we wouldn't.

>OP's hypothetical where there are no political reasons for why the army can't invade half of switzerland. retard
OP didn;t say that at all you fucking cock gobbler, there woiuld be collosal home front issues with invading another democracy, famous for never trying to take sides or get in anyone's way.

here's the thing, their law is allot more lax than us law which is know not to have anny chills to give. they couldn't surrender in any meaningful way and not loose allot of their income. And remember their part of the Schengen. The only thing I think that the Swiss could do if the us attacked them and their neighbors didn't help would be paying for military assistance or if we're being fantastical: get really strong lasers and shoot down aircraft or maybe even detonating us nuclear weapons on us soil.