BCE and CE are shit

Why do left-wing hipster douchebags who speak ironically (pic very related) insist on using the retarded politically correct "BCE" and "CE" instead of the proper academic and historic BC and AD when referring to historical dates?

Do they think that somehow, magically, calling AD and BC a secular jewish euphemism will make it not be based on the birth of Jesus Christ? I don't get it.... I'm a christian atheist (yes that's a thing, just like jew atheist) and it doesn't make sense to me since the pagan parts of the calendar like Thursday ("Thor's Day") or January ("Janus Month") are left alone.

What is with this stupid left-wing agenda?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noahidism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnoreligious_group
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the exact same as those "humanists" who claim to be atheist and hate christianity, yet their entire moral outlook is based on christianity even if they don't realize it.

>I'm a christian atheist (yes that's a thing

Or the morons who say we'd have been better off without Christianity, despite the fact it was literally the moral and cultural glue that coalesced modern Western society.... otherwise it'd just be a bunch of isolated pagan tribes that sacrifice different animals to different sun gods, and likely no scientific revolution

I use it solely because having both English and Latin abbreviations in AD and BC instead of sticking with one language activates my autism.

if jew atheist is a thing, christian atheist is a thing... otherwise we allow them to maintain their distinct cultural identity while all other whites lose theirs

>Rome was a bunch of isolated pagan tribes

Right.

Yeah, designating the birth of Christ as ushering in a "common era" seems odd from a non-Christian perspective.

Did ANYTHING else major happen around that time? Rome was humming along just fine, no major events in Europe or the Mediterranean.

You do realize Portugal only even adopted the Anno Domini system in the 15th century right? Before that we had Anno Mundi and Anno Martyrum and I don't see you bitching about those being replaced

CE and BCE are considered more accurate since we don't really know precisely what year Jesus was born

that's cause jews are also a race(semites)
there are christians who are not white too

The west was doomed the moment we stopped using Consulships as a reference point for dates.

>we need to help the poor and be humble and believe in love and forgive people who wronged us and give them as a second chance
>also fuck God and Jesus btw

I thought there was a consensus that Jesus was born in 6 AD.

I didn't say Rome, where the fuck did I say Rome?

,... then why the fuck aren't they called "Atheist Semites"?

Christians are not an ethnic group, Jews are (except beta Israelis who are just wewuzers).

>Biblical historiography
>Consensus

Rome was the progenitor of western civilization, not Christianity.

Not that it necessarily did any harm, but the west would probably have advanced fine without it.

jews aren't an ethnic group either, maybe "semites"... but using the term jew when it means a religion is fucking bullshit, unless you can do the same with all other religions... it just perpetuates their religion above all others in our modern secular anti-religious society

I don't believe any of that.

Assuming you're correct, that's all the more reason to adopt a different naming convention since it's clearly not accurate.

>jews aren't an ethnic group
Yes they are. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews

Then why did you reply faggot

You can't just use the same word for a world religion and an ethnicity... I refuse to accept it, either rename the religion or rename the "ethnic group", otherwise it's bullshit because it perpetuates the religion while all others are expected to be fully denounced when the person becomes an atheist..... jewish people still call themselves "jews" when they become atheists

Because I'm sure you'd love calling this Year I of the Reign of Trump

> I refuse to accept it
That's your problem, everyone else in the world recognizes the jews as ethnicity. If anything, "jew" is the ethnicity while "judaist" should be the religion.

>I cannot grasp the concept of an ethno-religious group

Actually I'd find that pretty funny.

Name one other "ethno-religious" group that uses the same fucking word for the religion as it does the race... it's total bullshit, it allows Jews to retain Jewish culture when they've become atheist, while forcing Christians who've become atheists to feel like they're wrong for celebrating Xmas or some shit

I knew a Jewish guy in high school who said Jews should refer to themselves as "Noahides". He also claimed he could read minds.

Not a real theist, but I agree. It will always be anno domini. Fuck that CE shit. Also wasn't Christ born in 4 AD or something?

>Name one other "ethno-religious" group that uses the same fucking word for the religion as it does the race
Druze, Sikhs, Amish. Now fuck off

16th century humanists were the original fedora tipping hipsters.

4 BC-AD 6 roughly.

4 BC thereabouts, which is funny since it means that Jesus was supposedly born 4 years "Before Christ".... but since Jesus was likely a Hagiographal myth anyway it's irrelevant, just a funny inside joke for atheists that Jesus came 4 years before the Messiah (Christ means Messiah in Greek).

Didn't know Amish were a whole separate race.

Noahides aren't the jews, noahides are actually the "good goyim" who follow judaism and recognize the jews as their masters. Yes, they really exist: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noahidism

>Name one other "ethno-religious" group that uses the same fucking word for the religion as it does the race
Druze.

Wow, you dumb motherfucker.... none of those are examples at all

>BC
>AD
It's not even the same language, who came up with this shit?
Also,
>christian atheist

Race and ethnicity is not the same thing.

History came up with that shit.... it's the same reason people say "et cetera" instead of "and so on"

>it's not even the same language
>bitching about Latin terms in an European language
top kek

Sikhs, Druze, Amish, Mennonite, Samaritans, just off the top of my head.

Part of the problem is the conflation of "race" and "ethnic group".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnoreligious_group

They all are actually, they don't generally accept converts so they don't have the same admixture as other groups in the same area making them a unique ethnic group

Sikhs are both a religion and ethnicity you stupid faggot.

Well first of all Amish Mennonite are considered Christian sects

And most importantly, none of those other "ethno-religious" groups have a disproportionate effect on US and Western culture despite most of them now being fully atheist.... there is a difference between a Ben Stiller and a baby peen-sucking rabbi who doesn't use elevators because it's against G-d

>one of those other "ethno-religious" groups have a disproportionate effect on US and Western culture
Literally how is that relevant to the debate

You're an idiot. The Jews were originally a tribal group that invented a religion just for themselves. It's a club with an exclusive membership. Whereas Christians were never a tribe, it's a religion that's been racially universalist literally since Paul.

>Name one other groups that's a religion and an ethnicity
>Gets BTFO
>JEWS HAVE A DISPROPORTIONATE REPRESENTATION
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

>there is a difference between a Ben Stiller and a baby peen-sucking rabbi who doesn't use elevators because it's against G-d
There isn't. I recognize you, you're that terminally asshurt, self-hating kike and you think abandoning judaism will make you less of a jew. It will not.

the fact that Christianity is the only religion that isn't allowed to have a "race" component or non-religious identity component.... look at Islam, even though it's no more tied to any ethnic group than Christianity, liberals in the west always associate it with brown Arabs, which ruins any effort to criticize the religion because you are called a damn racist.... the reason whites have become suck backward pansies with no self-worth is because we have had our cultural identities stolen from under us, and this whole "ethno-religious" bullshit is part of the problem.... "ethnic Jews" have become so diluted in America now anyway, there's no distinction to be made in calling them "Jews" if they're atheists

It's about removing any religious references and "inclusion" and other cultural Marxist bullshit. I mean you said it yourself it's literally a Jewish plot to secularize dating when most people don't even think about any religious connotations. It's simply about weakening Christianity.

CE and BCE have been in use for decades and it's to address the inherent inaccuracy of the BC and AD terms--since as a few anons have pointed out--Jesus can't be definitively said to have been born at year zero. The only agenda at play is accuracy in terms.

Most muslims are not Arabs and that's a verifiable fact.

tell that to leftist westerners.... any time anyone criticizes Islam it's "OMG you anti-arab racist piece of shit".... meanwhile on the flip side of the coin they insist Christianity isn't associated with Europe or whites in any real way, therefore white culture continues to be diluted while Islamic and Jew culture thrives

How the fuck does the opinion of leftists matter? If the leftists said Germans aren't white, would that magically make them non-white? You're yammering about things like "allowed" or "considered", all of this doesn't matter. The argument should be rooted in genetics, not opinions and social theories.

>Muh feelings
No one cares