Why is modern art just a bunch of postmodern literal garbage?

Why is modern art just a bunch of postmodern literal garbage?

>Why is modern art just a bunch of postmodern

what did he mean by this?

It's quite reflective of the ideals of the age, isn't it?

Because it's reacting against the standards of beauty that came before it obviously. It's like how punk music is usually a bunch of really simplistic power cords without much melody, it's rebelling against the stuff that came before it by abandoning its standards.

/thread

It's not, you just don't understand it. It's embodied art. It is de-intellectualized art. One must be very stupid to be too stupid for nonintellectual art.

Nice excuse to make low quality trash. You can rebel against anything while maintaining halfway decent standards.

Most art throughout history was utter garbage.

That's not even that bad, wait until you get to the real memelords like Rauschenberg or Jeff Koons

At first, I thought it was a painting of moonman

>modern art
>postmodern

What a moron you are.

Because Reddit pseudo-intellectuals never bother to search for good modern art pieces and have no real taste to find any of them anyway. This is why they mostly in shock in awe about already known masterpieces and meme about what is need to be understood. This is their easy way to interact with the hard problems of aesthetics. Like all lowest of the lowest kind of pseudo-intellectuals, they aren't really interested in the subject of thought art itself and prefer to rely on the second-hand opinion that is barely grounded in their own honest experience of modern art. They are basically the same people who always quote about how awesome is science without even reading the single scientific paper, in their entire life.

You're on a cartoon imageboard that mostly cites youtube videos and memes from /pol/ to support it's arguments. It's really not going to do any good to complain about "pseudo-intellectuals".

Like all art there's good and bad. But it's also largely subjective.

> modern art is so bad, am i right goyim?
Fuck off, modern art is white race culture heritage.

that painting's gay

modern art is the browning of the white race

It baffles me how regards in a history board don't distinguish between modern and contemporary.

If there is a context to differentiate those terms, that context is history.

I mean retards, not regards.

>the concept of Nordic beauty
>shows Greco Roman art

Fucking snowniggers.

That is why there are so many Nazi painters known to out days! Wait... There are none.

How is having streets full of naked buff marble dudes not degenerate? How do I explain that to my kids?

Appreciating art only for it's purely feel-good "aesthetics" is literally the most degenerate subhuman thing of all, generating a society operating solely on spectacle.

>How is having streets full of naked buff marble dudes not degenerate?
>generating a society operating solely on spectacle.

Do you not go out much?

Did I ever say that the modern culture industry is any better than what the Nazis planned?

>photoshopping that bony ass to look bigger
what was she thinking

Art before photography was meant to replicate reality. Now that photography is a thing, art is all about muh feelings

Nobody nose.

Art is such a multidisciplinary thing nowadays that it doesn't even make any sense to talk about it as one monolithic thing. How would you even begin to compare some weird too deep for you performance with a photo-realistic painting?

every fucking time, bro. every time