Stop saying atheists go to hell

Stop saying atheists go to hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
youtube.com/watch?v=aJSHG_-hXlE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With all due respect, i never said that.

>I can do whatever I want and still get into heaven

hooray for a liberal pope

pr*testant pope*

Now, now, stop disagreeing with God's representative on Earth.

Tfw
>Pope Francis' enormous popularity -- his Twitter accounts in different languages have a total of about 30 million followers, about as many as Bill Gates and more than Adele -- is a consequence of his openness to diversity and a softer approach to dogma. He represents a modernized Catholic Church. By contrast, the world's second biggest Christian denomination is proving so resistant to modernization that its plans to adopt some timid changes for the first time since the year 787 have fallen through.
google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages

WAKE UP SHEEEPLE
youtube.com/watch?v=aJSHG_-hXlE

Is there any scriptural basis for hell at all?

There's the passage about unbelievers being thrown into the Pit of Fire but that could as easily be taken for immediate destruction as eternal suffering.

Orthodoxy is stuck in countries with shrinking populations who adhere to Orthodoxy in a very loose way and primarily as a proxy for national pride because their governments and other aspects of life in predominantly Orthodox countries gives them fuck all to feel proud about.

It's a meme on /pol/ because it represents some ancient symbol of patriarchal authority. Your average /pol/ kid would be totally out of place in an Orthodox church and will never set foot in one, though.

>Catholic doctrine
>scriptural basis

Yes, says in the bible you will be tossed to an everlasting lake of fire where nobody dies and the fire is never quenched.

>Stop saying atheists go to hell.
atheist who follows his well-formed conscience can still go to heaven, just like any pagan or heretic in the same conditions.
Catholic Church always taught that. Ultimately it's God who decides those things. Church only tell you that being atheist, pagan or heretic can do you no good. But you still have a chance for salvation.
Even fuckin' Aquinas wrote that. Nothing has changed.

uhm, no sweetie
the only thing that'll get ya into heaven is saying "JESUS SAVES"
nothing else will do, hun

and THAT is a heretic stuff, ladies and gentleman

>where nobody dies

It doesn't say that anywhere.

>He fell for the "Orthodox" meme

He didn't say that atheists go to heaven, though.
He said that they can still find salvation by coming to the Church some time in the future and that they're not damned just because they're atheists right now.

>who am I to judge?
Right? It's not like he's the pope or anything.

I'm a practicing convert and I made that. Ethnic pride is a common thing in Orthodoxy, but it is by no means tge basis, at least here in the U.S. Orthodoxy has a theology very distinct from anyone else

Stalin is not a saint or venerated, that's a joke icon. Nicholas II is a venerated saint, though