Everyone's talking about getting rich investing in crypto, but let's talk about the tech...

Everyone's talking about getting rich investing in crypto, but let's talk about the tech. I'm a software developer and I'm interested in this industry for more than just buying imaginary money. What kind of things can be MADE with this blockchain shit?

You can have open and free elections, where every vote is shown and accounted for on the blockchain.

prevent duplication... so perhaps if you made a game or something you could stop people from duplicating items or in-game currency

centralized databases are 1000x more efficient

lol.

its just bitcoin blackmarket hype and fuck government fiat muh libertarian decentralist satoshis vision really .

paper money is worthless too brah

"blockchain shit" ? Really? A transparent trustless system of transactions worldwide, "shit"? Fuck u retard !

most of the huge worlds banks would rather trust a transactional database centralized and protected by the US government desu.

thats proven by the popularity despite low yeild of the us treasury

>protected by the US government
>probably running on Windows XP

>honestly believes the government is inept with technology

Software dev here.

Non trivial things mostly, the low fruit has already been picked.

Yeah they are. 0.01% of computing power goes into making it work, 99.99% goes into securing it. Don't mix the two up.

Your own coin. I want to make my own but I'm shit with coding, and I don't want to piggy back off of any of the current source codes. They're all bullshit and flawed, I want to fix as many issues as possible and actually make progress. Easier said than done though.

Don't reinvent the wheel. Expand on what has already been invented.

what are you trying to say to me?

maybe you should write it in a language we are both familiar with .
i speak english, Australian and all common programming languages.

i tried running your sentences through google translate , but to no reasonable avail..

Centralized = single target for attacks vs
Decentralized = multiple targets

Do you want one sheild or multiple?

That's not exactly applicable, but it is. I see what you're saying. I really want nothing to do with the available crypto though. I would want to be entirely different.

Hes saying that the hashing power goes to securing the network, even though it really doesnt take a lot of computing power to run the nodes. Its not something you can just throw a few lines of code and you'll understand. You need to understand what blockchains are.

google is centralized by google.
do u really think they keep all there data on one harddrive and have no backups ?

i dont even do that with my personal shit.

>I'm a software developer
And you haven't researched blockchain at all over the past couple years? You're not a very good software developer.

>You need to understand what blockchains are.

but i do.

thats precisely why i am not impressed , lol.

>honestly believes the US government puts any money into tech research that doesn't kill shit

The idea behind bitcoin was to implement a trustless system. If you use google's database, you are trusting google is not going to manipulate data in malicious ways. Becsuse bitcoin is really just a consensus protocol, I.e. a set of agrees apon rules, everyone can agree on which transactions are valid or not and what order they come in. I have more faith in a public protocol than a centralized entity.

>doesn't understand or doesn't believe the US Government understands that financial security and superiority is the second most deadly weapon of all

how does telling me something everyone already knows about bitcoin , make Google any less reliable or secure with their own data ?

they are after all , still subject to laws of the State, in regards to maliciously using their software.

also. the us government is a democratized centralized system..

and i have super bad news for you.
btc isn't really decentralized or publicly controlled lol.

its obviously highly manipulated and centralized amongst Chinese miners and approved developers, all of whom obviously approve of BTC being used to break very serious international laws, so they have no moral highground to stand on...

yo fuck off dis forum is fo makin monies

>btc isn't really decentralized or publicly controlled lol

this is true, that you have no realistic chance to mine a block on your own is proof

I see companies making use of shared private blockchains, for supply chains and such, more probable than relying on volatile value and vulnerabilities of public chains

Why do you see so many altcoins? Everyone wants in on the action of blockchain and its all tied to BTC, but fuck the chinese miners and fk the monopoly. Therefore, altcoins are popping like startups

they are riding the money train

copy/paste, change some things -->> ICO = $$$$ right now

everything is speculation now, not much is actually being used for anything

There is a lot of noise, but if you look closely, there are a few strong foundations being set up right now and they're being supported by financial institutions and organizations that can possibly make the transition of blockchain technology for numerous applications quite quickly.

If you fall for that pajeet coin then you deserve to throw your money away.

>they have no moral highground to stand on
neither does US government

>save the world twice
ok sure

>>save the world twice
lol

that is debatable at least.

to what extent is obviously where lines become blurred.

but there is no secret that bitcoin is a blackmarket currency

Blockchain technology in the long run will kill banks, governments and huge corporations. The power will be in the hands of professional associations, in my opinion the medical associations and some sort of engineers association will be the most powerful entities in the world, not governments and not corporations.

It will bring capitalism to an end and replace it by a technocracy.

>save the world twice
what?

>this is what block chain fundamentalist actually believe

does anyone have that gif where there is a man peeking around a door, laughing and beckons someone else too come look at whatever it is they he is giggling at

not exactly google searchable , but ive seen it posted on 4chans

Selling software, use the blockchain as proof of software license.