What would have happened if the French decided to not get involved and help the Revolutionaries against the British...

What would have happened if the French decided to not get involved and help the Revolutionaries against the British? Would it have still been have earliest successful revolution against the Eternal Anglo? Would it happen later or would the U.S.just never happen?

I can't imagine that the revolution would be successful. The British were literally the strongest power in the world.

would the U.S. have eventually gotten it's independence like other countries later did or cease to exist forever?

bump

My guess is we'd end up as part of a Mega-Canada entity.

Considering we weren't free from the Eternal Anglo until well into the 1800's, I assume the struggle would have continued for longer and longer. If it hadn't happened in the 1770's, it would have happened during the Napoleonic Wars surely.

Canada would be part of a mega America.

I don't see a scenario where we beat the British without French assistance. Our Navy was basically merchant ships with cannons lashed to them, and whoever controls the seas controls the world.

Why so? I mean India became it's own entity after revolution against the Brits, why would we have to join with Canada? Do you think that would be the only way to ensure victory?

So we basically owe the formation of our republic to ongoing rivalry between the French and English?
Last time I checked the French along with the rest of the world, had every right to dismiss it as a simple rebellion or civil war and not get involved.

After Saratoga the French thought the American war effort was viable, and thus got involved.

I see. Yet France was the only nation that tried to help despite how viable the cause seemed. I think it was deep seated rivalry and love of fucking with the British that led them to get involved.

But the french are the revolutionaries, user. You're not making any sense.

No, the Spanish and Dutch got involved after the French.

Revolutionaries in terms of the Americans who were initiating the Revolutionary war of independence with Britain. Stop being so silly, user

Oh shit never read about that part.
Still if the French didn't get involved...America would have been screwed.
And it seems the only ones who had the most vested interest in watching the eternal Anglo fail was the French lol.

Yeah, France was PISSED about the 7 year war.

I'm not sure there was some faint hope they would get Louisiana back or what.

Then say they are american. Stop being so americentrist.

>Making a thread clearly about the American revolution
> I have to specify my terms
Pedantry.
I bet you're one of those people who insists that we use terms like B.C.E even when we are clearly talking about pre-Christian peoples or Europeans.

On a semi-related note: What do you guys think about Cornwallis? I think he was a vastly superior general to Clinton and Howl and a guy who destiny literally shitted on, the only real defeat he ever had was surrendering at Yorktown.

This delusion.

I imagine the revolt would have been cushed eventually, but the colonists wouldn't give up so easily. They're probably go west and we'd have a completely different map of North America.