Do you guys think meditation was pushed by the Left?

Do you guys think meditation was pushed by the Left?

You can do a simple google image search for 'meditation' and conclude the target audience is female. As a man used to firing neurons to figure out if a statement is true or not, you can easily feel how meditation numbs the mind if you give it a shot, destroying your brain's ability in the long term to separate reality from non-reality, which is a perfect slave mentality.

It's very reasonable to expect productivity to be very low for meditators. Meditators can't work on their own. Every single meditation community is amazingly brain dead. In philosophical terms meditation is like the reverse of Plato's/Socrates Allegory of the Cave, it is a man going from enlightening to darkness and reversing himself into a dark silent creature observing meaningless uninteresting shadows in a cave wall until his death.

I really wish I'm wrong about this, and that a meditator here on Veeky Forums will use his gained brain powers to fully and exhaustively convince me I'm wrong along with explaining how meditation increased his general productivity. Try looking yourself for any research that looks for Bad effects of meditation.

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/the-dark-knight-of-the-souls/372766/?single_page=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think there is positive and negative meditation. Sitting and trying to drain your mind of all thought and reason is totally worthless, these people mediate only for a feeling of calmness and nothing else. But there is also the kind of meditation focused upon actual thinking and reasoning which I doubt is harmful - sitting and thinking, focusing upon a mental challenge in absence of external distractions and stimuli, that is likely a fruitful endeavour.

There is nothing good that the New Age movement hasn´t turned into something retarded.

There is nothing retarded that women don´t like.

1. there are different forms of meditation
Are you Christian by any chance?
2. Buddhists and Greek philosophers were not the only cultures where meditation sprang clearly.
3. I have a strong feeling you have no idea what you're talking about/

So men are retarded? I wasn't sure either but now that I think about it...

>the Left
>google image search
>slave mentality
>females
virgin detected

>Do you guys think meditation was pushed by the Left?
Old-school meditation?
Pretty cool, and it's objective is to help you relieve yourself of illusions.
New age and white people Buddhism meditation?
Fuck that.

>women like men
They don't. Go read Esther Vilar.

Heh, Buddhism is cool I GUESS. Except when white people do it, that's so phoney. White people other than me, I mean.

>One woman's opinion is all women's opinion for the pas 10,000 years. typical /pol/ autist response.
Good one user, but you're not getting yourself out of this blunder until you take back you're entire statement.

gonna be honest here dude, i'm a hardcore leftist and have no idea what you're blabbering about

>Google meditation
>Its just a less hardcore form of prayer

why would communists push for spiritual practices? makes no sense
I´m pretty sure they saw eastern religions as trojan horses

This is some next level retarded bullshit

>Try looking yourself for any research that looks for Bad effects of meditation.
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/the-dark-knight-of-the-souls/372766/?single_page=true

[SCARED]

X likes everything that is Y
=/=
X only likes things that are Y

Learn how to read, roastbeef.

Meditation? Pretty much.

>"I had a vision of death with a scythe and a hood, and the thought 'Kill yourself' over and over again."
Why did I laugh so hard IRL

I think the meditator lost the ability to say Yes or No to these ridiculous ideas

Are women allowed to meditate in India?

/thread.

No. It's illegal for women to meditate in india.
Also eating little lower caste babies is official law.

dumbass.

>implying that user was even differentiating the two concepts in his mind when he blurted out such a generalization and insult.
>implying /pol/tards ever think that hard
Semantics.
Just admit he done fucked up and so did you by trying to defend him.

This is why I hate this edc trend (or whatever the music that's just base beats is). Got taken to a 'club' by a couple of friends once and it was just aweful. Hot, sweaty people standing around shaking and honestly it's not like the drugs improved the experience. Seriously though fuck low stimulation people.

It's way more hardcore. Any 1st grader can learn to pray and never really improve on it throughout his entire life.

Achieving real bliss through meditation is damn hard, if you didn't start when you were 10 you'll probably never master it.

rekt.

pic related

>Any 1st grader can learn to pray and never really improve on it throughout his entire life.

user, please go away. While you're at at least read the bible once. Like a few key books at least. Please.

This is why I'm glad I'm bi. Boypussy for fun, women for reproduction.

>sitting and thinking, focusing upon a mental challenge in absence of external distractions and stimuli, that is likely a fruitful endeavour.
I never managed to do that until I did the first kind of meditation that you described. I mean you're right, reading for example is considered meditation in some religious aspects. But I never even managed to "just" read or "just" solve a problem without a storm of other thoughts.

>Meditators BTFO with one pic

Meditation doesn't involve politics and has been used in all circles of life to gain control of the mind, by warriors and pacifists alike

Every case you make about meditation numbing the mind can be made in the reverse about mindless hedonism and pointless intellectualism. Meditation activates the mind to awareness and action in the present

You haven't even come close to something resembling meditation if your experience is feeling stupid - that's likely more demonstrative of your default state of mind

1000+ years ago women were barely even acknowledged to be capable of meditation due to their social role

Everything on this earth has bad effects if you consult the internet

Srsly prayer or meditation can be like a drug trip and just like with a drug trip it can lead to rather unconfortable experiences

The second one is not meditation though, it's just plain using your head

That's the thing actually, men are individuals, women are a herd. They're hivemind and the only difference between them is their looks, you met one woman you met them all.

You're add son.

Most meditation involves internalizing an idea until you're actually able to realize it. It sounds stupid and corny at first but it does work for some people.

Meditation is about cultivating worthwhile mental tendencies and sound judgment is necessary to distinguish those from bad ones.

It's much more nuanced than chasing some calm feeling. Feelings are never trustworthy

You're completely missing the point. We know what we know because of what we're exposed to. Low stimulation is literally mental castration.

You can do all this much more efficiently by reading books.

The point was how hard it is to search for bad effects of meditation, ya dim wit.

>1000+ years ago women were barely even acknowledged to be capable of meditation
So ancient meditators were biased against women and enlightened at the same time or were they right?

>You haven't even come close to something resembling meditation if your experience is feeling stupid
Actually no, socrates himself felt stupid, feeling stupid can due to the Dunning Kruger effect. You sound like you are high on adrenaline right now

>Every case you make about meditation numbing the mind can be made in the reverse about mindless hedonism and pointless intellectualism
Mindless hedonism might resemble meditation, but true intellectualism does not even if it's pointless in the practical sense.

>Meditation doesn't involve politics
Yes, it does. See Sam Harris and others

Try to develop your arguments more rather than throwing these blanket statements out there

The first thing you notice in a "low stimulation" environment is that there is never want of activity. that environment is useful to familiarize yourself with what you know & your tendencies, since while you're distracted in your bullshit routines you're too caught up being distracted

No one is saying that you need to remove all the circumstances of daily life. What is useful however is a platform to process that stimuli. Ergo the sitting in a quiet spot thing

What are you talking about. There's nothing to improve on. It's just not something that requires much diligence.

>third time meditating
>head feels with utter bliss
>bliss extends beyond my head, like a halo of pleasure
>breath almost stops
>took months to recreate the same experience
Yes, goy. Go pray to your Demiurge and ignore the spiritual benefits of meditation.

Not who you're responding to. I guess you could improve prayer by improving the sense of directing it to whatever you're directing it to, learning to be more focused on who you're praying to and learning to not be distracted.

The point was to contrast the idea that it's something only women do.

There are better sources than pretentious mavericks like Harris. We're talking practices that were established a very long time ago

If you think so, go ahead and read books. Plenty of people still believe their lives are enriched by meditation

>this is what /pol/tards and alt right actually believe
Kek
Look I know you think you and your NEET friends are contrarian and thus individual. And some how think that it represents all or even most men but that is simply not the case in the real world.
For example, I'm sure a common citation is that the fact there are more male nerds alone shows men are more likely to not conform. However, the only reason that parallel and many like that seem to exist is because of gender roles in the first place in the past.
Women weren't allowed to think differently.
And it's not like you know many females in the first place outside of some you see on TV or happen to stalk online. The word basic bitch exists now for a reason. So I definitely am not convinced by argument on this at all.

this.
That's a big part of it. It's also grow to be simply about being in God's presence and thinking about your relationship with him. Why you pray to. Read the Gospels to see examples of how Jesus was with praying throughout his life.

this is the most nonsense OP i have ever read on Veeky Forums. congatulations

yeah plus it seems to be a another /pol/ bait thread as I suspected, for them to complain about how dumb women are or whatever. Debating on reporting it now.

Not an argument.

>any differences are just the result of white male patriarchy
Can't tell if bait or not.

there's no point reporting it.
Mods are probably screencapping posts on /pol/ to post on reddit.

Yeah sure, but that's exactly my point. There aren't necessarily any promised benefits to prayer, beyond salvation I guess, but that doesn't necessarily require that you be 'good' at it. Praying is just communing with God, whatever the content of that prayer may be.

Meditation doesn't promise you shit though. There are benefits, but you have to actively work at them. And there is zero guarantee you'll ever succeed.

If we're going to term one 'hardcore' then surely meditation is more worthy of it. You aren't granted anything by a loving god, it's just you and your ability to master yourself.

Women have smaller deviations for height, intelligence and facial features. They are less competitive and less likely to spot ideological differences which would separate them from other females.

>reasoning with a liberal
Dude, don't try to help him. You can't reason your way out of a mental disorder.

I love liberals though

feminism btfo

I meant in terms of personality and values numb nuts. I would get into a complex discussion of nature vs. nurture and how it's likely both(with a little less emphasis on nature considering how well humans adapt) but, you just don't seem worth my time with the level of you guys' stupidity. Nor willing to listen.
In short, men and women generally value the same things with a few in born differences (that I may or may not be exaggerating but seem like in born differences to me anyway). Many of the differences in values and interests were brought up by society forcing it down everyone's throat. Partially because it was beneficial to for making society/civilization more advanced but also just because of "muh traditions." I'm not going to bother going into detail considering you're likely not going to do anything except post meme studies and sayings from /pol/.
Unless you would actually like to hear more and debate like a civil human being?

>In short, men and women generally value the same things with a few in born differences
This is why I don't get the (((media))) pushing White girl/Black female race mixing. If most White men are attracted to East Asians and Near Easterners over Black women, why wouldn't the same be true for White women? The average White man and White women aren't THAT different when it comes to what we find attractve.

Ahahaha

Even then, women are by nature far more likely to be caring, motherly and conformist. While this isn't inherently bad, it does mean that we should never take a women's opinion seriously. They're just weren't created for deep thought.

To open yourself up to harmful influences from interdimensional beings seeking to rule over you. Most mantras are the names of demons.

Yawn this image again
Actually read my point user. Physical features are irrelevant here and you just made a huge assumption without thinkingAs for IQ. Pff sure nice proof that it actually measures something other then mental retardation. I've been in multiple arguments with this and no one can seem to convince me or most of the people on Veeky Forums for that matter.

>less competitive and less likely to spot ideological differences which would separate them from other females.
Now the former is just repeated over and over again without any evidence for some reason. I don't know why.
Clearly women compete in multiple ways just like men. They were restricted to competing in just a few realms (mainly looks and possessions) in the distant past thanks to gender roles but clearly this point is just essentialist.

I know I will probably regret this...but I'm going to have to ask you to expand on the latter point though.

Human beings are 100% genes/nature, this is already well established. If you can nurture a human it's because of his adaptive Nature, which is not the same for all human races. Society is made of individuals, which came before society, so it's humans who make society and not the opposite, just like what a normal mentally healthy person would think.

>I say personality and general values yet he reverts back to physical parameters.
My god user, you really are a lost cause.
At least think about what the word generally means.
>They're just weren't created for deep thought
Seeing from all of your posts and your reasoning neither we you.

You can only believe such nonsense if you meditate yourself, meaning you don't process information

>Clearly women compete in multiple ways just like men.
Yes, but generally with FAR less vigor, as they have less testosterone. They also tend to use manipulation far more as a result of physical weakness.

But keep denying like a good goy.

I guess as a cell biologist, I'll just take your world and knowledge of molecular genetics as greater and not even question that absurd claim. Oh wait.
Seriously, you don't even have to look that hard for psychological studies that easily prove that idea wrong. Hell you don't even need to look, if you understood anything about genetics on a deeper level, you wouldn't even say such nonsense.
Geez, why does it always come to this? I come on this board to relax and talk about my second favorite subject, then I have to deal with this shit from humanities buffs who happened to get their hands on a few pubmed or Science magazine articles they didn't even understand. Suddenly they are expert geneticists.

>research that looks for
You've already failed.

>IQ measures mental retardation
>so if you are a 160 IQ person you are actually the dumbest
>if you are a 40 IQ points brain you are the smartest of all

I'm actually a Physicist, my friend, on the top of the STEM pyramid, which puts you in the bottom citing psychology as a proof against basic genetics.

Prove it. Prove that every female athlete plays any less hard or forcefully with each other than males with each other. Obviously, they are not in the same league physically but when it comes to the spirit of competition.
Prove females in every field aren't competitive compared to the men in that same field.That they are lazier than men every time. You can't because it isn't true.

You are derailing the thread to push for your /leftypol/ garbage, idiot. Please, stop, my friend.

Are you some special type of retarded? Do you think I don't know the IQ scale? Do you even know why the IQ test was created and what it is most useful in measuring so far?
You are the most ridiculous kind of stupid. the type who some how think they are smart. Wow. Just wow.

You clearly don't understand what "in general" means. OVERALL, women are less prone to the same intensity of competition that men are, if only because of the fuckhuge hormonal difference at play.

I don't understand how anyone can be this dense.

>ask for proof
>PLEASE STOP

You just called me an idiot over an over again, you do realize that was all you just said right now?

>physicist
Oh so you don't know much about molecular genetics and you definitely AREN'T an expert in it? And you don't know what the current trends in the field. Ok. Stick to your particle accelerators user. Leave the genetics to the people who actually spend their life studying it.

lol Being a physicists doesn't mean you suddenly know more about genetics than a geneticists.
Actually, I don't even believe you now because you just seem like a /pol/tard who doesn't know shit about research. It is such a ignorant thing to say that it would only come out of a /pol/tard who doesn't know any better's mouth.

Kek your whole argument is about me not being a super specialized geneticist on Veeky Forums even though this is basic genes stuff you can read under 20 mins if you have a motivated brain

Because you are pretty stupid to be so smug about grossly misinterpreting what he said. If you read it again I'm sure you can figure it out.

>Derailing the thread.
You or whoever posted the that already started derailing the thread when they stopped talking about meditation.
this thread never evn had potential. OP is so mind numbingly retarded, that he doesn't even realize there are different forms of meditation. I bet he is a conservative and Christian but doesn't even realize that prayer is a form of meditation. This thread had no potential at all and possibly didn't even aim to talk about meditation, but just bring in politics to another discussion that it has no business in and bash women some more like usual. Fuck this thread.
Why can't we just talk about art and history without bringing in modern day politics?

This is the proof meditation involves Lefty politics, see how a poor guy like him got completely carried away here?

Meditation isn't about numbing the mind. It's about, among other things, expanding your perception beyond the chain of thoughts and emotions that tends to dominate consciousness. Meditation isn't escapist. It's extremely scientific. It's about trying to see what actually exists without interpreting it through a filter of preconceptions. Don't judge meditation based on what commercial yoga types do with it.

If he means IQ measures mental retardation as in 40 is more retarded than 50, which is more retarded than 60, passing through the 100 median all the way to 160, which is the standard IQ test range, then there is nothing wrong with IQ measuring mental retardation, since a person with 100 IQ points sounds retarded to a person of 115 IQ points, who sounds retarded to a person of 130 IQ points and so on. Do you see it, IQ was created to differentiate general intelligences, not really measure mental retardation since its based on the median of a population. If the selected population is retarded, 100 IQ points will be simply its median. He is saying two different things at the same time hahaha

>By the Left
Hurr fucking durr, it was pushed by WE WUZ HINDU Nazis and Aryanists

The *legit* left thought it was superstitious bullshit. Like everything that concerns with religion and spirituality.

Just look at what the fuck happened to the Falun Gong.

You really think I don't know there are many forms of meditation, huh? You think I didn't know that until now, when you suddenly revealed that to me kek