Why is it that Islam never spread to places like China or Brazil...

Why is it that Islam never spread to places like China or Brazil? Islam has a reputation for appealing to low income/poverty stricken/unintelligible masses of people so naturally you would think that India, China, South America, etc... would have at least some pockets of Muslims but they don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MalĂȘ_revolt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_India
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hui_people
google.com/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-three-chinese-uighur-militants-executed-after-escape-attempt-1486766
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MalĂȘ_revolt
Gee sure are no pockets of Islam in South America

>Islam never spread to China

Are you retarded?

>Islam has a reputation for appealing to low income/poverty stricken/unintelligible masses of people

And other religions are any different?

Islam has spread to China. But many times the Chinese have chimped out against foreigners murdering many of them.

There was a time in which nestorian christians were an important community there, but they got completely extinct.

>you would think that India, China, South America, etc... would have at least some pockets of Muslims but they don't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_India
you jest

The second and third largest ethnic minority group in China are Muslim

india has some of the largest muslim population on earth

why cant /pol/tards at least do some basic research before posting their dumb shit here

Lots of small pockets of Muslims all over China.

>China
China has at least 10 million Muslims, the far western region Xinjiang has a significant Muslim population

>India
Fourth most Muslim country in the world and has well over a hundred million Muslims...

>South America
Some Muslim communities in Guayana which are descendants of Indian workers brought there by the British but South America was to distant and unknown for Muslim traders to travel there (the people who largely spread Islam to SEA) and way too far for conquerers. Most middle eastern people in South America are Christian Lebanese and South America isn't a desirable place for immigration so not many Muslims will appear.

I think India might actually be the largest muslim country, just not the largest muslim majority which would be Indonesia.

not quite

I assume he means to the Han Chinese who live in the more developed parts of China. Either that or becoming the dominant religion in the country.

Huis are basically Han Muslim

This. Heszbollah actually get a ton of funding from the drug trade in some of the lawless areas around Paraguay.

This, for fuck's sake. Latin America, SSA and the Philippines already have Christianity, which is basically tailor-made to appeal to weak dumb and poor people, there's little reason Islam would gain ground where Catholicism is firmly rooted. If anything it's baptists/evangelicals who are having great success because those sects cater even more to the lowest common denominator.

>Islam has a reputation for appealing to low income/poverty stricken/unintelligible masses of people
Implying much? Because thats a trait of every major religion, the dumber and poorer people are, the more religious they are.

I think he's talking about how most people in the west who convert to Islam convert while they are in prison

Islam chimped out so hard in China that today they're soft-genociding the Islamic minorities through demographic replacement

Only the Uighurs, who are Turkic, culturally distant and rebellious, the rest are just fine

How do they demographically replace anyone under the one-child policy?

Other way around I believe, the separatist movement in Turkestan probably dates back to the Qing contest, they tried to dissolve the Uyghurs' non-Chinese identity by banning various cultural and religious practices, later Maoists cracked down on religions twice as hard, this particularly triggered Muslims as you might expect, so the Chinese government got even more genocidal.
Honestly the situation isn't really much different from Tibet's.

Discrimination, exclusion, flooding the area with migrants, state different treatment for people etc.

Uruguay here, our trash goes to evangelical/pentecostal or whatever temples. I could understand if there were mormon missions helping the needy or situations of the sort, but it's not like that, poor people are just as gullible as children. A woman claiming that gold had appeared in her teeth because of her devotion to the Lord appeared on TV the other day, and preachers are on the national tv channels after the end of regular programming late at night. Not even fedora'ing.

>A woman claiming that gold had appeared in her teeth because of her devotion to the Lord
I would laugh but Padre Pio was a sensation all over Catholic Europe and Lourdes gets something like 10 million visitors a year.

Actually, I heard they discovered a single village with them left, but I,'m not sure. Either way, right after they 'disappeared' in China and Central Asia (obviously not elsewhere since they're still here), then came the Jesuits almost immediately.

During that transition period there was Zheng He, the famous Chinese Muslim.

Why do we have so many historically uneducated anons on Veeky Forums?

Hui are converted Han.

Wait so are whites soft-genociding blacks in every major US city now?

Very few Uyghurs have been killed by the government over the last twenty years.

Ethnic discrimination or ethnic replacement is not necessarily genocide. "Soft" genocide doesn't even exist. That would be ethnic replacement, and it is not true in Xinjiang since Han have always lived there. As a matter of fact, Uyghurs ethnically cleansed the Dzungar and Tocharian inhabitants in the 1700's.

Islam spread by the sword in West China.

>Wait so are whites soft-genociding blacks in every major US city now?
not that user, but unironically yes.

Gentrification is a codeword for Black Genocide.

And its a good thing

This

Muslims chimpout terrorists getting displaced by non-muslims is only a good result for the world.

The Nestorians weren't genocided.

They just became unpopular after the Mongol Invasion because so many of the "Barbarians" (Nestorian Turkics especially) were Christian.

arent islam came in china way earlier than that thought? iirc the first ming emperor made some poem about mohammed and had muslim general

It did. user just thinks the only Chinese Muslims are Uighurs.

>Islam hasn't spread to India
Retard do some reading before posting

First thing to notice is that christianization of Brazil happened with much intensity than other countries.

Missionaries from Portugal were sent all the time to preach. And Portugal is extremally "muslins gtfo" because reasons. There was no freedom of worship. Following that, protestant churches became extremally popular here, and they are very much prejudiced to any other religion. To the point of invading ubanda parties and destroying everything around.

And Brazilian poor people are dumb as hell so they do think that muslin are all alike, and terrorists too.

PS: kinda obvious but BR and Portuguese here.

South America is gradually seeing a rise in evangelical population cause it tends to feel less elitest and dead to them.

>Islam spread by the sword in West China.
You mean China spread by the sword in East Turkestan.
In China proper Islam mostly spread by trade and diplomacy since it's rather hard to conquer and all.

>China

Too high IQ, religion doesn't work there

>Brazil

Already Catholic

>it tends to feel less elitest and dead to them.
That's what I said, it panders to the lowest common denominator even better than Catholicism.

Well I wouldn't say that. It's not like Anglicanism "we accept gays and women now guys" is doing all that well.

This is bait

He's right though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hui_people

>Heszbollah actually get a ton of funding from the drug trade in some of the lawless areas around Paraguay.

Jesus Christ.

Really makes you think.

T. Zhang

That would be because Anglicanism is largely the religion of the elites? Seriously what point are you trying to make?

>Too high IQ, religion doesn't work there
What a dumb post

Yours?

I agree

Okay, fine then, the protestant denominations that say "gays and women are fine being pastors" aren't exactly dominating the Earth right now.

You're talking about high IQ's and the best comeback you could come up with is "I know you are but what am I?"

>Heszbollah actually get a ton of funding from the drug trade in some of the lawless areas around Paraguay.

Most of the immigrants from the Middle East into the Americas were Christian until the past 30 years or so.

They do in the sense that they pander to the elites who dominate the Earth instead of the irrelevant illiterate impoverished global lower class.

Facts don't change.

>West China

Can you guys read? I explicitly wrote "West China" for a reason.

>West China
>China proper

Are you guys all illiterate?

What the fuck?!? First, China proper and West China are two significantly different geographical areas. I made that clear in my post.
Second, China and Han Chinese were in Xinjiang for 800 years before Islam was even founded.
Third, Turkic groups (like the Uyghurs) were the groups that spread Islam in West China. Furthermore, they ethnically cleansed the original inhabitants of those areas.
That is a verified fact. Dzungars are just one example.

Not an argument.

And in no way am I saying two wrongs make a right.

My point is that Xinjiang has always been a multiethnic region. The Uyghurs are no more "native" than the Mongols, Turks, or Han.

>Are you guys all illiterate?
Are you? I'm specifically saying that the situation in """West China""" or East Turkestan is different from China proper. Nice reading comprehension.

Actually, no where did you state that.

You said China spread by the sword in East Turkestan.
And that Islam spread by the word in China proper.

There is absolutely no mention of the situation of Islam in West China in your post.

>East Turkestan

Kill yourself you goatfucking muslim. The changs are gonna genocide the fuck out of your terrorist friends while we bomb you all from the skies.

google.com/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-three-chinese-uighur-militants-executed-after-escape-attempt-1486766
Meanwhile your terrorist "friends" are beheading you all for not being muslim enough.

>Why is it that Islam never spread to places like China or Brazil?

CHRISTIANITY GOT THERE FIRST. WE GOT THERE FIRST YOU MOON WORSHIPING COUSIN FUCKERS. AHA. AHAHA. THOUSAND MORE YEARS CHRISTIANITY.

WHO CARES ABOUT EUROPE ANYMORE, THEY'RE A DEGENERATE SACK OF GRAYING APES THAT WILL DIE WHIMPERING IN THEIR CRADLES AS THE SCIONS OF GREATER MEN TAKE THEIR PLACE. MANY OF THEM WILL BE MUSLIM, QUITE A FEW OF THEM WILL CONVERT.

Pakistan use to be included with India, Bengladesh is also heavily islamic.

China has Islamic minorities.

Islam does have influence in South America.

How about you do some basic reading to answer it?

>Pakistan use to be included with India
India and Pakistan used to not exist.

No, it's not the appeal, it's the CAUSE.
Islam doesn't appeal to the poor, Muslims are poor because of Islam.

So this the power of the alt-right.

Well there is a slight snag in South America having a weakened magnetic field or something.

the US is way too high on that chart

it's less than 1%

People still don't go though

>According to a newer estimate done in 2016, there were 3.3 million Muslims living in the United States, about 1% of the total U.S. population