How do I force myself to believe in God? I can't handle this nihilism anymore lads

How do I force myself to believe in God? I can't handle this nihilism anymore lads

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7Ys_4cFig
www4.bayarea.net/~mtlee/
iep.utm.edu/zhuangzi/
indiana.edu/~p374/Daodejing.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can't. Once you go black you never go back.

read pascal

Go to an Orthodox service

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7Ys_4cFig

God is experienced. You are his image, his reflection. When you live in his will, that reflection becomes clean, and you behold his radiance firsthand by turning inward

Watch "Ostrov" pn youtube. Read Laurus. Read The Way of a Pilgrim

>How do I willingly dumb myself down?

You have to experience God. At your lowest, giving up yourself to him is one way. The classic way is fasting. Of course you could do psychedelics, but then it could be any entity leading you and not necessarily God.

The first and last worked for me, but it's always fleeting unless you keep working at it. I'm in the weening phase after the waxing, and need to get back away from the pleasures of the body and into the harmony of the spirit.

>not being a "fool for Christ"

Basil the Fool is based

I think being religious would be cool but then I think of the reason I became atheist. Not wanting to believe untrue things. Shits cray.

Start praying. Even though you don't believe you're talking to anyone start off by pretending that someone is listening to you and tell them about what's going on in your life. Share your desires and fears with them. Try to set aside one minute of your day to do this consistently and read the Gospels (I recommend starting with Mark) before going to bed.

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

- Lk 11:9

You can't. Once you lose faith in God there is no chance in going back short of some miracle that will reaffirm your faith. It's not like without god you'll become some moral relativist. You still follow your own set of morals with or without some kike god telling you what to do.

You don't know that religious beliefs are untrue, you just chose to believe they are. Every worldview requires faith.

How do you guys know he wants to believe in the Judeo-Christian god?

There are signs of God's glory all around. You just have to pay attention.

You mean the One True God?

Realize that it doesn't matter whether he is real or not, but it's more important to learn, and practice church doctrine. You must also spread this dying religion, especially among the decaying youth of the west

Reading is hard

>fasting
I basically fast already, I'll eat one meal a day, two max. That's why I'm a weak skeleton. Still don't feel God.

That's more like eating disorder. Also fasting isn't just not eating, it's also "meditation." Put that in quotes because I don't want you to think of some Eastern crossed-leg activity instead of it being a mindset.

You need to expose yourself to other philosophies. Not just Christians, but those from other intellectual traditions as well. You have the collected works of pretty much every writer in history at your fingertips, after all.

Then watch Ostrov

Abundance paralysis

>How do I force myself to believe in God?
First, ask yourself if you're even capable of faith and belief. Personally, I don't think I am.

...Anonymous
06/22/17(Thu)20:58:48 No.2988555
#
You are. If you lived as Jesus says to--seriously--you would find God. Christ himself promised this

>you would fund God
Why does God need my money?

Hold on Stirner, I wanna ask him something. Why does God need a spaceship?

Proverbs 19:17

Fine. Go read these:
www4.bayarea.net/~mtlee/
iep.utm.edu/zhuangzi/
indiana.edu/~p374/Daodejing.pdf

Something might speak to you, it might not, but I doubt it'll be a total loss.

believing in god isn't important. considering ie. not rejecting god is.

Stop being a faggot and embrace the void.

I wouldn't call atheism Faith I'd say it's an educated guess.

>You are because I say you are because someone else said people in general are
Great argument. You've convinced me. Praise Jeebus.

I don't mean to come off as preachy, but there is an obscene amount of evidence backing up Christianity, more specifically, the hundreds of OT prophecies Christ fulfilled to the letter. Here's a website that goes into a bit more detail, best of luck overcoming nihilism user.

>> accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies

Are you completely unaware of the concept of faith?

user, it is better to kill yourself because of the truth than live for a lie.

So Where can I help?

The only absolute truth a human is cappable of to is acknowledge that he knows nothing.

If you know that you know nothing then obviously you know something

a complete exaggeration of socrates by Rousseau in his first discourse

>a complete exaggeration of socrates
No it's the base of modern science.

Everyone who goes beyond this is not more but a believer.

Be an Absurdist. Albert Camus is your guy.

Read hermetic works and mystical christian and islamic works.

Then you will awake.

And his Asherah. Elohim Akbar brother.

I SMELL FORESKIN