Why don't they just merge together into one country? Troughout all history it has worked wonders for them

Why don't they just merge together into one country? Troughout all history it has worked wonders for them

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Revolution
youtube.com/watch?v=OKUMQFt_gd8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because of Walloon autism. They broke up the union in 1830.

Fuck pr*ds tbqh

Yeah it really worked out well last time
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Revolution

They tried?
Belgium split in the London Conference because of the catholic/protestant divide
Not a fan of B*lgians desu, even if they are catholic

>the autism revolution

The bigger question is why is it still called Netherlands when more than half of the nether lands aren't in it.

Bullcrap, it had very little to do with the proddy/catholic divide - as a large part of the KotNL is catholic. It had to do with centralization under the Orange monarchy and aeons of divide between a free Republic and an Austro-Spanish dominion that was mostly left alone after most proddies fled to Amsterdam/The Netherlands.

The low countries were never united and arent the same.

Oh and the last straw for the B*lgians? An opera, I shit you not. They got so hopped up on it that they poured out of the theatres and into the streets of Brussels and jumpstarted their revolution.

That's romanticism hats wrong with that, no where near autistic and people screaming THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED to their paki roommates
Because in the Dutch revolution the south stayed loyal, so they spent most of their existence apart
They were only given Belgium to weaken Austria post napoleonic wars. Then they opppressed the Belgians with their proddy autism
Also needed for world peace to give a buffer state between France and Germany

>Because in the Dutch revolution the south stayed loyal
a good part of modern flanders did join the revolt though, most notably the city of antwerp

>bourgeois fuck heads go against model citizens
I wonder why

You should call it French autism. This Belgian revolution was started by French students in Brussels who thought it was a good idea to create a Belgium and then give it to France. At first only French flags were used during the Belgian revolution, the Belgian colours only appeared in a later stage.

Hopefully all Netherlands will unite one day

*Burgundy

*Lotharingia

Lotharingia includes upper-lotharingia. (Current Alsace, Lorraine and the area around Trier) The kingdom of Lotharingia was created to give the Franks their own homeland. The Netherlands is just the lower part of Lotharingia + Flanders. That's why it's called the Netherlands.

More like the Spanish were able to hold on to that part

>Why don't they just merge together into one country
Because they aren't the same people at all

The difference between Holland and Flanders is smaller than difference between Holand and Dutch Limburg. I don't really think that point would cause a problem.

I'm not refering to the Flemish but to the French there

*Faggot

Proper French is only spoken around Brussels, not in Wallonia where Walloon and Picardian dialects are more common. You can't compare this to France where Paris has tried to let disappear languages dialects for centuries. I think the Walloons don't see themselves as French people, but rather as Romance speaking habitants of Belgium/Low Countries.

?

>think the Walloons don't see themselves as French people, but rather as Romance speaking habitants of Belgium/Low Countries.

Lol what

Of course, you will find some of those people throughout the country, but it's not common.

I talked with several Wallons and from what i've heard they consider themselves as French or at least closely related to French, and it is a growing sentiment since their so called "fellow" Flemish call them "French rats"

nah we call them walloon rats. "French rats roll your mats" was used when Napoleon got kicked out
youtube.com/watch?v=OKUMQFt_gd8

Flemish don't like the dutch. Neither do the walloons.

Because the walloons heavily tried to frenchify the flemish the cultures are too different now too despite speaking more or less the same language.

I just call it holland j

it would be a complete and utter disaster short term
I don't think anyone here appreciates just how much of a bureaucratic nightmare the various belgian governments are
and the dutch government is not all that much better in this regard