You have 10 seconds to name one significant ancient Persian/Iranian contribution to the world

You have 10 seconds to name one significant ancient Persian/Iranian contribution to the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.at/books?id=DLPDDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA113&lpg=PA113&dq=why where qanats not rebuilt&source=bl&ots=IUW0iowdkQ&sig=GRMQ9IvwA_BSoTS3bQlLOJAGue0&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnqeCzrdTUAhUKbhQKHT-NBskQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=why where qanats not rebuilt&f=false
innovateus.net/innopedia/what-history-scimitar-sword
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Iran#Contributions_to_humanity_in_ancient_history
dailycaller.com/2011/12/16/federal-judge-iran-shares-responsibility-for-911-terror-attacks/#ixzz26yuUm99b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

""""multiculturalism""""

duality of good and evil

This. All modern religion wouldn't exist as we know it today without the inspiration Zarathustra provided to the early Hebrews.

Wrong, people counted to two in earlier cultures before the Persians.

Wrong, people believed in spirits before the Persians.

Persian accomplishments: 0

monotheism

earlier cultures had thought that good is what benefits them, their tribe or their family. The old testament still has plenty of stories based on that belief.

The idea that there is a fundamental, universal moral is a Persian invention

A E S T H E T I C S

Universal human rights.

I'm just meming and making fun of the Rome thread.

I can't. They copied everything from the Mesopotamians the same way Romans copied everything from Greece

Persian empire existed solely so Alexander could destroy it. It served its purpose

Persia is dead. Isn't it? Swallowed whole by Islam.

>Persians exist still
>"Swallowed whole by Islam"
Are you confusing the rest of Mesopotamia and the Levant with Iranians?

Qanats were created by Persians.

Even today Iranians are based, never seen a fucking Shia cunt fly a plane into a building or run brits over in a van have you? I hope they nuke the fuck out of the Saudis

Pants, knights, aquaducts

Qanats (underground irrigation canals used centuries before the Roman's came up with their aquifers), dams, paved roads, cements, Royal Road, Darius Canal bridging and connecting the Nile River with the Red Sea, archeological finds on the Parthian and Sassanid periods also show their merchants and trademen used highly sophisicated branding to promote their products, jousting existing since the Parthian period. Also iirc the oldest confirmed and attested use of bricklaying was in Iran dating back to around 6000 BC. Wine also dating back to 5000 BC in the Iranian plateau but that probably wasn't by Indo-Iranics. Zigguarts though again probably not from Indo-Iranics, peaches, parks (paradisas were specific persian style gardens used as open parks and teraces), windmills, first monothestic religion in the form of Zoroastrianism, courier system, etc...

They beat the entire world in a war less than 50 years ago user

Chess

Chess is from India, Persians did Backgammon iirc.

More like Islam got swallowed by Persia.

>entire world
Are you nemeing about the Iran Iraq world based on that one wikipedia picture?

Are you dumb?

Are you?

Qanats that were unfixably destroyed by Mongols under Dschingis Khan?

I guess somewhere engineering knowledge might have gotten lost.

They required continuous maintenance, so when the mongols came in a lot were destroyed

No but you are.

Such a sad waste of a technological and amazing feat of engineering that had its system last for nearly over 2000+ years by the time the Mongols wrecked everything in Persia thanks to those retarded Turkic pretenders of the Khwaramzian Empire. Might also explain why desertification became a serious issue in Iran from that point on.

a lot of math that the arab shit muslims claim to have created.

>The first book of law
>Precursor to the Ten Commandments
>Except redundant as fuck

I'm smarter than you.

Eh. Duality had been a thing, they got that before then. However, without the Persians helping them to build the Second Temple, there simply wouldn't be Jews, Christians or Muslims today.

Curved. Swords.

Sweetie...

arent that the turks?

Why not rebuild them?

What was the problem?

Doubtful.

Scimitars? Those were from Isamic Iranians and originate with the early Muslim Arabs I think. Pre-Islamic Iranians had primarily used short stabbing straight bladed swords and later ones in the Parthian and Sassanid periods closely resembled their Roman/Byzantine counterparts.

Large number of Iranian/Persian communities, urban centers, cities, and towns were devastated all over Central Asia and Western Asia by the Mongols. This includes decimation to large swathes of their populations. Anyways, they still do but as academics, scholars, engineers, ete...are killed, the knowledge is generally lost.

Iran to this day still uses a large number of qanats.

>Those were from Isamic Iranians and originate with the early Muslim Arabs I think.
Both Persians and Arabs used straight swords. The curved ones were brought by the Turks around 10th century.

Arabs were using curved swords before and during the rise of the Rashidun Caliphate. Persians and other Iranians back then all primarily used straight swords. I don't think there's any strong evidence of pre-Islamic Iranians using primarily curved swords.

It's not fucking curved you memer cunts reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>qanats

I found something:
books.google.at/books?id=DLPDDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA113&lpg=PA113&dq=why where qanats not rebuilt&source=bl&ots=IUW0iowdkQ&sig=GRMQ9IvwA_BSoTS3bQlLOJAGue0&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnqeCzrdTUAhUKbhQKHT-NBskQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=why where qanats not rebuilt&f=false

Central Asia and the Silk Road
Economic Rise and Decline over Several Millennia
By: Barisitz, Stephan
1st ed. 2017 (9. Mai 2017)
ISBN-10: 3319512129
ISBN-13: 978-3319512129

Page 113
>In the long run, the Mongol invasion had a grave impact on agriculture on the Iranian Plateau. This region largely lacks great rivers and even contains some deserts (Dasht-i-Kavir, Lut). Therefore farming is dependent on the elaborate qanat (karez) system of irrigation – a system of underground water channels that brings the water, often over many kilometers, to where it is needed. Some of these channels were destroyed during the Mongol invasions, and without effective irrigation much of the land would soon revert to desert. Moreover, qanats, even if not actually destroyed, may swiftly cease to operate if they are not continually maintained. As Morgan explains: If peasants were killed in large numbers, or fled from their land and stayed away, or were expelled, arable land could suffer irreparable damage simply through neglect of the qanats. Stripped of their farming hinterland, some cities would soon lack adequate or cheap food supplies and other support, and therefore would probably not be rebuilt to anything approaching their previous size, or in any case would be more costly to reconstruct (Morgan 2007, 70-71).

Also 17 million sheep moved in, along with settlers and fucked things up even further.
(I think a similar thing happened with North African agriculture moving to pasture farming.)

The garden.

Enabling the Greeks to rise to power.

Heavy cavalry tactics, architecture, medicines, etc

The Greeks probably learned of the sexagesimal system through them but they probably learned it from the previous Babylonians/Mesopotamians just like the Greeks are said to have learned from the Egyptians.

GIRUGAMESH!!!!

>Most epicest gay epic, ever.

>they copied from the Mesopotamians
Mesopotamia is in Iran

Just a simple google search tells me that they were the first to create a money economy.

retarded logic
>Hur tobacco came from America so the US invented it.

>Conquers pretty much the entire civilized world.
>The resulting empire lasts over 200 years.
>Brings region to heights of civilization never seen before.
>Mad pussy.
>Meanwhile, this nerd "Alex", whose empire doesn't even last a day beyond his short life, somehow gets all the recog.

Wrong culture

Umm... Pretty much everything? I mean never mind , they were pretty much responsible, either directly or indirectly, for civilization in the western world.

I mean sure, some mad macedonian king took over the Persian empire in the end, but all that civilization spreading infrastructure was there for centuries before he was born, and without it, there wouldn't have been anything to conquer but wandering nomads and the occasional trading post.

Well, right region.

Is kinda akin to crediting the Mexicans for the Aztec pyramids though.

Then again, the Aztecs didn't build those pyramids either.

No it's more like crediting Colombians for the Mexican Aztec pyramids. Gilgamesh is not related to Iran or Indo-Iranian people.

Wind towers.

Persians = Slaves of Turks

1500 years baby, it aint no joke

Those came from Central Asians and Turkics.

Basically took the Chinese single-edger- the straight Dao- and gave it a curve.

here, get a free hug

They voluntarily embraced Islam.

Iranians didn't become nominally majority Muslim as a people till about 400+ years after the Islamic conquest.

No, Memet.

The word "paradise"

>Persians = Slaves of Turks
>First Turkic War with Persia: Turks BTFO
>Second Turkic War with Persia: Turks BTFO
>Third Turkic War with Persia whose also fighting the the Byzantines in the West: Turks still BTFO

Also where is this "1500" years bullshit come from?

The Parthians kept the Romans and the Chinese from contacting each other directly.

This is the worst meme that has come out of Veeky Forums yet.

Lots of poetry and poetic forms

carpets and fluffy cats

The Zoroastrians believe that 2 gods exist, they just only worship one. So in a way, no they did't event monotheism.

Water Beds

Roaches think they are so superior, so they exaggerate or make shit up to settle their inferiority complex.
Had another roach in another thread imply they have dominated their region for 1000 years.

not him but persia has been ruled by Turk dynasties for more than 1500 years, go back to /pol/ to shill your ethnicity

This thread was a huge mistake faggots. Now all the literal "we wuz kangz" iranboos are gonna come out of the woodwork. Iranians are the slightly-more-productive niggers of asia

Concept of knighthood

Mozart, Beethoven, we also built the pyramids

The Book of Esther

innovateus.net/innopedia/what-history-scimitar-sword

>but persia has been ruled by Turk dynasties for more than 1500 years

Mehmet please, the first Turk dynasty that ruled Iran was the Seljuks, and that was in 1000 AD.

For about 150 years you had Mongols ruling Iran, and for about 50 years during the mid 1700s Iran was a balkanized mess.

Qanat wells, which allowed for irrigation and settlement in deserts

Shia islam

Basically anything positive Islam is credited for

This but also:

- carpets
- tea (maybe not the first culture but definitely one of the earliest ones)
- wine
- chocolates
- windmills
- underground water irrigation canals and wells
- batteries
- mathematics (Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry)
- medicines (late Sassanid era has Persian scholars theorizing about anti-bodies white cells in the human body)
- Academy of Gondishapur
- philosophies
- Backgammon
- Astronomy

Safavids from the mid-15th to mid-18th century were an Iranian dynasty though.

Aren't the Persians considered the most evil of empires in history?

Zoroastrian sister mothers, many faps been had to that in my CL2

>Iranians are based

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombings

That's the turks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Iran#Contributions_to_humanity_in_ancient_history

Read, faggot.

That was in response to Israeli aggression and a battle on Iran's regional turf. Iranians never attack innocents on foreign soil unlike Wahhabi scum.

So Europe died when it was swallowed by Christianity?

>Chess is from India, Persians did Backgammon iirc.
Checkmate/check is a fundamental rule of Chess and was added by Persians.

>turf
sphere*

>Iranians never attack innocents on foreign soil unlike Wahhabi scum

dailycaller.com/2011/12/16/federal-judge-iran-shares-responsibility-for-911-terror-attacks/#ixzz26yuUm99b

Syths

>this dumb shit again

Jeeze... Really?

I suppose we're gonna find a way to pin that on China, Russia, Venezuela, and Cuba next?

...and sell another billion dollars of high tech weapons to Saudi Arabia meantime, which will in no way ever come back to bite us in the ass, ever.

...Never mind (((them))).

retard

>modern brick.
>Wine.
>Guitar wire.
>Backgammon.
> Cyrus Cylinder: The world's first charter of human rights.
> Zoroastrianism: where the first prophet of a monotheistic faith.
>Polo.
> First Banking System of the World.
>Check.
>Taxation.
>Courier post.
> Yakhchals, ancient refrigerators.
>Ice Creams.
>Windmill.
>Cookie.
>Hospital.
> First systematic use of alcohol in Medicine.
>Qanats.
>Wind-catchers.
>Algebra.
>Xenotransplantation.
>Astrolabe.
>Sorena humanoids.
>Discovery of spermatagonial stem cells.
>Shear force microscopy.
>Space-time block code.
>e-bay.
>Plasmonic shield.
>Cable modem.
>Tongue-Drive Wheelchair.
> Dendrosome.
> PARS (Parallel Application from Rapid Simulation).
> Composite Metal Foam (CMF).
etc.

>Space-time block code
>Shear Force microsocpy
What are these?

404 argument not found

Okay, Finkstein.

Didn't they make an empire that was later controlled by the Greeks? Like he didn't conquer the whole thing the land just transferred ownership. I feel like the Hellenistic period wouldn't have happened if the Persian empire wasn't there, or would have been a lot harder.

Pants

(((federal judge)))