How realistic is it to pull 1% gains daily by day-trading stocks or crypto?

How realistic is it to pull 1% gains daily by day-trading stocks or crypto?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=86-rYKl1NHs
pumperspicks.com/ultimate-altcoin-buying-strategy/
coinmarketcap.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How realistic is it to pull 100% gains daily by day-trading stocks or crypto?

Are you playing with the calculator again?

Don't daytrade, how many times have you heard people say that, they don't say it for the lulz, you will lose your money instantly

Listen faggot, that 1% is trivially easy when you have $100 to your name from sucking 200 dicks at the truck stop and want to play big time crypto day trader

but guaranteeing yourself $10k daily when your bankroll is $1,000,000 is a different beast, you will lose levels of money people commit suicide over on the regular and there's no way you'll be able to suck dick fast enough to replenish it

It's only 1%

banks offer 0.2% YEARLY on savings account

That's because they the pocket the extra 0.8% for themselves, probably a lot more actually

1%? I literally 4x my money in the last days, you'd have to be literally retarded to make only 1%

You can make 10% gains a day, half of which will of course be taxed, but the timely efforr isn't better than waging.
Looking at the prices once a week suffices ti make gains with crypro as long as the market is geowing like that

It's not realistic. Crypto is volatile. Daytrading will lose you money. One trade a day is a metric fuck ton. A lot of people make huge gains in this space, but it's zero sum and for every profit there is a loss. This. Stop playing with the calculator.

If you formulate a winning strategy and day-trade with enough vigour you can expect to easily pull 5% gains daily. Compounded rates of return will enable you to turn 1BTC into 4.321942375 in 30 days time.
That's a profit of 432% per month. Most professional hedge funds average 15% PER ANNUM.
At the current rate of return you'd make $11297.59 your first month at.

except nobody trades with their full stack, this is asinine

if you are trading in crypto and not usd how would it be taxed?

To any newfags, just remember these posts. They're not titillating, they're not fun to imagine, but they're true. If you come in with your lunch money and start gambling, you are going to lose your ass, and someone out there worth 10 million dollars is going to take it from you. It's that simple.

Be sensible or get rekt.

bye.

What about stocks?

Did I say to put all your BTC on one single trade?
Dumb fuck use money+risk management effectively and you'll be fine. Yeah you'll take some losses, but you can easily average 5% daily returns if you use proper TA and FA while removing emotion from trades.

This, but you really ahve to stick with your strat, 1% is very realistic considering the current volatility on most coins, aim rather for 3% on each trade and you're set.

pretty sure if you just HODL you'll get close to that off bitcoin

>risk management in day trading volatile currencies
???

If you do average 5% per day, by the end of the year your money would have multiplied 54 million times.

found warren

dude shut the FUCK up

seriously

you DO NOT talk about these things on fucking Veeky Forums

Fight Club? get it?

It's "zero sum" but as long as the market cap keeps rising we're all gonna make it

This

Hodling is best for 90% of people.
You still get amazing gains, with reasonable risk.

Doing trades while being unskilled is just greedy and will work against you.

100% realistic if you just lend your shit with a good rate

1% gains aren't unrealistic because you can't come up with a winning strategy, they're unrealistic because you'll outgrow the market. Getting from .05 to .1 is much easier than getting from 2 to 4.

how long have you been into crypto? a week? 2 weeks?

I learned this shit the hard way. I got lucky a few times then lost 34 NEO trying to Day Trade. I'm holding on to my remaining 175 NEO for now.

Pussy

Newfag here. What about moon missions? Let's say I keep 90% of my money in BTC but that last 10 percent I use for moon missions a couple times a week (like SIGT and OMG the past couple weeks) and then dump the gains back into BTC.

Is it better to just dump everything in BTC and hodl for years? Shoud I be hodling these other coins too rather than cycling them back to BTC? I feel like if you buy thousands of a coin at 10 cents per coin and it has the potential to jump to a dollar that's a reasonable risk. But I'm also a filthy newfag

>sucking 200 dicks at the truck stop
I know that feel

>there's no way you'll be able to suck dick fast enough to replenish it
Challenge accepted

1% a day is impossible, you will eventually take a big loss

Embrace math, ignore memes.

Only in the US and EU, they offer 7% where I live

>third world poor shithole
>have a decent amount of money in crypto
>limit it and take out everything past that point
>earn a nice high tier wage
>no tax on buttcoins

Sometimes it's nice to live in a shithole

If you bought 1 bitcoin today and it went up 1% a day compounded, that bitcoin would be worth $120,000 in a year. I'm not buying it.

>Embrace math, ignore memes.

what did he mean by this? math says moon missions of 50% gains with proceeds going into btc > hodling btc

That's reasonable risk management. BTC is your hedge, it will be the main focus of accumulation. People who get fucked over on crypto are idiots who go all in on a single coin. I did this when I was new except my definition of all in was the 100 dollars I initially started out with. I realized that I was losing too much trying to day trade with that while some days I made appreciable gains. Main lesson I learned was to only put money into coins I could tell had potential and bail if I lost more than 10%. Learning to set sell orders at certain targets helped a lot. Basically if you treat crypto like a strategy game instead of slots, you won't get fucked.

good response bro thanks. i'm also playing with small money for a couple months to get the hang before moving real money into it.

my real weakness at this point not knowing whether to hodl instead of selling for something like a 10% loss.

example: bought a couple hundred bucks of some OMG yesterday, it started dipping, I got out early and put that money into a late SIGT wave so I broke even. If I had held in OMG until today I'd have 25% more money.

Should you just be methodical about it and ALWAYS take the 10% hit rather than risk getting wrekt or should you try to hodl in certain situations with these moon missions?

>moon missions
>hodl
Both of these will lose you money, the first will stop you from realizing your gains and the second will see you holding bags.

Its good that you have small money while you're learning the basics. WHen I start out, .1btc was a massive input ino a any coin for me. Now it is very very casual, and my portfolio often swings between .8 btc a day sometimes.

Those shitcoincs can moon yeah, but you have to get in VERY early and watch it like a hawk due to the lwo volume. ANy whale, even a shark, could fill the sell order book on a sub 10btc volume coin at any point. DOn't get greedy, take your percentages day by day, try not to go for the moon mission in one day.

Newfag here starting bitcoin trading, what are these terms? Hodl, moon missions, etc. I've got $80 in BTC, trying to learn the game and make a couple bucks for shits and giggles.

1 percent in USD or BTC? I made more than that this weekend.

Anyone have that quote about compound interest? It went something like "using compound interest, you can multiply your money 100-fold in 50 years, by which time it will be worth nothing"

-25% really looks like the best option to sell here... (because y'know, you can't sell immideatly when it falls 2%)

1% every day, for a year is 37x your original investment.

try again

All in on one coin. Once a day, sell when you're up at least 1%, and buy back in at the original price (with 1% more money). You end up with 1.01^(365) times your original investment. People saying they can make 4-5% a day, forever, are forgetting the days when you get absolutely assfucked by an unexpected 20% drop.

sometimes it doesnt go up at all. plus you have to beat the commision

you absolutely will if you just exercise a smidge of memetic research....
and if you've carried an analytical mind for your entire life.
I think that's a huge factor.
If analytical thinking isn't apart of your life philosophy then just get the fuck out.

1%? easy. Just read white papers & watch numbers (not just tickers), your subconscious will chew on that shit and sift out statistical noise.

I say easy because we're in a growth trend.
It's really hard not to see the "Branded" creature behind every coin.
youtube.com/watch?v=86-rYKl1NHs

btw Veeky Forums

We need to make a trailer called "ICO"
that's it... that's it...
that's fucking money
>you're welcome

I tried short term trading stocks for the past couple of weeks or so. Did a good bit of reading and research beforehand, picked my stocks fairly well, I'm still down 10% overall.

It's a tough game to win. The market is very fickle on a short term basis and people with much more tools and knowledge than you struggle to get by with it, remember that. I knew I had to learn this the hard way so I started with only $500.

It's timing the market that's nigh impossible and part of what's critical in the short term. Computers and full time traders will do it better than you.

I'm basically planning doing the sensible thing at this point: picking stocks in companies I believe in for the near future and letting it sit there. Also monitoring it to make sure I get out in case of a crash or correction, but not much else you can do.

yeah
read this:

pumperspicks.com/ultimate-altcoin-buying-strategy/

learn basic TA to recognize a breakout but ignore faggot shit like fibs

easy money

no idea why people are sperging saying making fucking 1% is a task.

If 1% is so easy for the geniuses here, why don't they start a fund and make 370% yearly returns.

You could probably become billionaires or at least centa-millionaires pretty easily if you kept it up for a while.

HODL means hold long term, don't try and day trade. Moon missions are when coins shoot up in value like NEO this week.

Because I made daily 1% gain since I started two days ago

>Having currency that can be given away for no reason.
Is this the power of the EU?

>huur day trading will lose you money guaranteed
Why the fuck would anyone sell lower than what they bought for
You people are all idiots

>for no reason

fuck's sake is everyone on Veeky Forums financially illiterate? Banks INVEST your money and give some of the returns to you. They don't give interest for no reason.

panic selling and stop loss

Because they want to be daytraders. If you buy a bunch of coins but they tank below your initial buyprice, you'll have to wait and wait and wait for it to return. Could take a day, maybe 2, maybe a week, maybe more. This is what they don't want to wait for, cut their losses and move on to the next one in hopes of regaining that loss.

> picked my stocks fairly well, I'm still down 10% overall.
you clearly didn't pick your stocks well you idiot

They all rose in the end, barring a few. I didn't ride my gains long enough and was too hesitant on my losses (and stop losses are literally useless). I wasn't picking badly, just timing badly, you can't have the slightest bit of nonchalance and must be paying attention to your shit all day.

But you're wise anyway so I'm sure you'll make 300% annual gains easy.

good link

thanks bro

It's pretty easy for me but only if i trade a small amount (50USD), big trades are practically hopeless unless you're confident that volume and pressure is good enough to break your walls

yeah, artifically low interest rates due to fed maniuplation.

Actual savings accounts pay anywhere from 5-15%. Still a lot less than 1% a day, but not .2%

>How realistic is it to pull 1% gains daily by day-trading stocks or crypto?

considering bitcoin has averaged 16.6% rise per day over the last 7 years I'd say your odds of making 1% a day in the crypto world is pretty damn good if you don't ruin it by buying shitcoins.

If you go all-in day-trading a major exchange (e.g. BTC-BCC right now), you can easily do 1%, assuming you're allowed to have hodl days and then make up for them later with the 5-10% days that come along every once in a while. The big issue is when there's a full market crash; you have to know when to cash out/go to USDT.

Serious question to those of you who have been here for a while

What are your experiences trading in shitcoins like SIGT on small exchanges(like cryptopia) vs. trading more secure coin exchanges like Bittrex?

Do the small coins go boom often enough to make it worth it?

>banks are my friends
So this is the power of euro eductaion.

If you trade be willing to committ even if u suck at first

Learn from losses and you will start winning

This, here in America we declare war on banks

Only doable in a bull market and in fast moving coins/stocks with large price swings.

I think day trading is fucking retarded. You're better off buying some promising coins cheap and holding your ass off. Unless you are a pro you will not make it day trading. I'm speaking to the newbies ofc.

Any advice for newbs on selecting promising coins at an early stage?

Very easily.

That's why all the most successful investors have average returns of 300%+ per year. Just trade with extreme leverage and make 1% per day, you'll become a billionaire within a few years.

I've been thinking about this... It's easy to have iron hands when it's only a couple g's on the line, but watching 300k turn into 200k over the course of a couple weeks must be nerve wracking.

yea extreme leverage, so when you have a bad trade you can lose all your money,

But it's easy to do, it's so easy to make 1% daytrading per day, why not just trade at 100x leverage?

the market is too illiquid to day trade with a million dollars

because i like living inside a building, and not a cardboard box.

it's very easy to be a billionaire though,

i know a ton of guys who did it already, i swear, i wouldnt lie or make stuff up. and i will do it next week

>why don't you start a fund if you're such hot shit
That's the plan, just waiting until I hit 10 btc. I've taken .05 btc to 5.75 in the last 55 days.

Where is that? I could literally move there and be FI.

You could have pulled 1% per day average just by holding bitcoin at any time during the last 8 years. Your question should be "how realistic is it for a faggot like me to buy and hold".

>implying you go all in on every trade

you're financially illiterate

No you couldn't I dont think you get how 1% a day works

Oh they don't have any risk. You can't really lose with stocks.

That's exactly what banks do

>That's reasonable risk management. BTC is your hedge, it will be the main focus of accumulation. People who get fucked over on crypto are idiots who go all in on a single coin. I did this when I was new except my definition of all in was the 100 dollars I initially started out with. I realized that I was losing too much trying to day trade with that while some days I made appreciable gains. Main lesson I learned was to only put money into coins I could tell had potential and bail if I lost more than 10%. Learning to set sell orders at certain targets helped a lot. Basically if you treat crypto like a strategy game instead of slots, you won't get fucked.
He's right you fucking retard

>zero sum game
Market cap grew from 100trillions to 120trillions in a week.

coinmarketcap.com/

1% per day for a year is not 37x

guess who the retard is

buying price minus selling price is the gain of an transaction

not that guy,
but yes it is

It is easy when you understand to sell at a small loss instead of holding like every retard here. Which means no leverage.

I dont understand either, you show the number and calculations and they still deny, is this sort of an inside meme?

>Not selling blowjob futures to hedge against long periods of draw down

Not gonna make it