Sup Veeky Forums I just accumulated some cash over this summer and I'm trying to get into trading crypto currencies...

Sup Veeky Forums I just accumulated some cash over this summer and I'm trying to get into trading crypto currencies. I have no idea where to start. I've made an account with bittrex and coinbase but I havent pulled the trigger from either one... I've got $200 I want to invest

TL;DR Lemme get a quick rundown.

Other urls found in this thread:

whaleclub.co/join/K2G7H
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buy bitcoin. hold.

Should I not mess with BCC?

BTC to the fuckin moon asshole, just buy and hold, BCC was a nice little boost for those of us with BTC already

Not yet. Not based on any predictions fro BCC but just because you're new. You need to get used to following bitcoin's movements and how they affect the market. Once you get a hang of that you can start making your own decisions on buying alts.

hey fellow /pol/ack(I'm assuming, based on pic in op), I was in your same situation at the beginning of the summer.

I started holding BTC when it was at 1900 a few weeks ago(I have exactly 1), and am holding 3 ETH that I bought at 141 about a month ago.

I'm Holding to the moon. I have a regular job, make Wordpress websites for people, and do landscaping on the side, which is supplementing my income for the moment. I plan on putting about 1k in crypto from said revenue streams each month. I start college later this month, however, and I'll likely have enough k buy a few car by October, or at least that's the plan.

Okay cool I'll throw it at regular bitcoin for now. Where should I buy it from? bittrex or coinbase?

I'd say get some Iota, but you'll have to make a Bitfinex account. In whatever case, the chain goes Bitcoin Atm/Coinbase bank transfer---> Exchange wallet--> Currency you'd like to purchase on said exchange.

Thanks man, that's what I needed

If you use a debit card on Coinbase rather than bank transfers you can get instant access to purchases.

Ive had no problems with coinbase ,you dont need an ID verification for up to $350 a week, which gets raised slowly, but if you do ID verification you can apply for the Shift Card which lets you spend BTC like cash

Pic related be careful

quick rundown: don't invest now. The whole market is booming and you would buy high.

Wait for the next crash and enter at that moment.

The problem is the next crash is gonna be from like 4,000 to 3,500

as a long dick holder i agree, crash is due soon, this Bcash mess won't disappear fast enough. you'll find better prices if you wait and do more research.

Yeah except the initial limit on coinbase credit/debit card is 200, and it takes like a week for bank transfer purchases to go through

you can almost immediately make huge buys in BTC on Bitstamp

hell yeah that's awesome

Lol its MS paint (RIP) so its a tad bit shit with the cropping

Well shit, how long until the crash? I'll hold off if it's coming soon. I was reading it could happen on monday the 21st

stop helping these faggot newbies

OP, buy Mooncoin and call it a day

Buy teatokens.

Impulse bought a Litecoin through coinbase for shits and gigs until the next crash

mistake?

How's a newbie supposed to learn otherwise?

Started trading a week ago

Every buy I make is an impulse buy, but I'm getting better and better at not making retarded trades right before value nosedives

I'm up about 25% from where I started on 8/2

do the opposite of what the jews say. If Veeky Forums says its a great coin, sell it. If Veeky Forums says its shit, buy it. look at the history of market price and find the support/resistance levels.

That being said, BTC is still in the somewhat-early-adopter status. Normies are starting to hear about it on the news but most are not savvy enough to invest.
Stay away from shitcoins. read about other coins. if you legit think a coin has potential, read about it and look at alternatives to it. like Ripple vs Lumens.
Try not to get excited by any hype, as that usually happens at all time highs.

Solid advice, thanks user.

Good shit man

The best advice is to take everything here with a grain of salt. There are some gems here though so do your own research on coins.

Once you've managed to buy some BTC you could try trading on a site like WhaleClub: whaleclub.co/join/K2G7H

They're doing 30% deposit bonuses right now which is pretty nice. You can also trade non-crypto stuff like forex, stocks, and commodities if you want. Really easy to withdraw money since you do all your trading in BTC or Dash.

Gonna take your whale club shilling with a grain of salt too. Appreciate the advice nonetheless.

DON'T fucking use whaleclub. You're too new to this, you'll just get burned while margin trading and their fees are ridicolous.