What's so hard to believe that modern Egyptians are the same as ancient Egyptians?

What's so hard to believe that modern Egyptians are the same as ancient Egyptians?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.it/2s5pUVb
youtube.com/watch?v=2FBr_-v39vg
google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html
cnn.com/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/
nature.com/articles/ncomms15694
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_populations_of_the_Near_East
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)#Origins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_DE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natufian_culture#Genetics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

didn't they got mixed with arabs when the latter started to spread through north Africa after the death of Mohammed?

They brought it upon themselves

This. Islamic invasions destroyed a once beautiful admixture.

Because idiots fall for the "invasion rape" meme

They're not..
Modern Egyptians have more African DNA.
That's the difference.

The thing you have to udnerstand, OP, is that people who have accomplished nothing in their lives like to piggy-back of the success of others, including successes from thousands of years ago from races other than their own.

Black and white supremacists like doing this the most, and it's pathetic when either do it.

The position of modern scholarship is that the general population of the Nile River Valley has remained remarkebly the same since over 5000 years ago. The complexion of the Egyptians depends entirely on how far up the Nile you are.

I want an academic peer-reviewed paper to show that the DNA of Egypt changed significantly after the Arab invasion.

Well with an area like the middle east and egypt it is not unreasonable to believe that thd succesive conquests and migrations brought a good deal of genetic change over thousands of years. That being said the ancient Egyption population ahould still account for the majority of the curent gentic heritage because it is has an extremely large population for a significant amount of time.

Majority of modern Egyptians are genetically similar to the ancient ones, it's just that there are some that have sub Saharan admixture. This doesn't mean they aren't allowed to feel "proud" and "claim" heritage of ancient Egypt, but still.

Look at Saudi Arabia and Yemen (real Arabs) then look at Egypt.

Because supremacists have something to gain. White supremacists want to claim it cause egypt was one of the earliest civilizations that did some impressive stuff. Afro supremacists want it cause they want to claim something that was at one superior to european civilizations and also out of ignorance (africa = all black, plus not knowing about other african kingdoms and empires that were black). It's mostly americans who do this though both white and black cause they have lost roots to both their cultural heritages in europe and africa. They're also the type to think of europe and africa as countries disregarding their respective cultural diversities.

I'm and didn't specifiy that I like history but I know merely basic things you know,it's like a sort of hobby
Also, it is true that when someone invaded, the ruling class was composed of the invaders race/nationality and the rest of the conquered people remained with no race/ethnic mix. An example of this could be, the Avar khaganate

For one modern Egyptians are incredibly ugly.

So were the ancient ones.

yeah nah

Why does it even fucking matter

Still better than modern Egyptians.

This.

How do people not see the discrepancy.

Pic related is what ancient Egyptians looked like.

Hardly.

Before the Arab invasion, the Middle East was objectively more white. Pic related is a Samaritan girl, she has red hair and blue eyes. They are easily the closest proxy we'll ever get for an Ancient Israelite

The blacks wants to claim it since its the only possible chance in history they've could be considered civilised, same as they did with Moors
The whites claims it because they belief they build everything
Pretty shameful desu, wonder whats actual Egyptians thought about this

I wonder who is behind this post

No they're not. The original Jews came from Ethiopia.

WE

It's actually true.

Not really. But, I support this meme because it may trigger kikes and kike lovers aka christcucks.

People do

Not a Jew. They hate each other. They have since before jesus

who the fuck knows that area has been conquered countless times

Damn shes fine.

This. Samaritans are Levantines without the Arab admixture

>What's so hard to believe that modern Egyptians are the same as ancient Egyptians?
because they're objectively not
cnn.it/2s5pUVb

The latest study on mummy DNA showed that Bedouins and Jordanians are most similar to the ancient Egyptians

>egyptian beauty contest
I thought egypt was too conservative for that. Unless she's christian.

WE

I am a modern Egyptian. AMA.

Are you black?

Are you white?

Nope. I'm far from black. Many Egyptians consider fair skin to be a sign of beauty. However, extremely dark skin is considered ugly. You'll find plenty of people in Egypt who refer to people of dark skin as Sudanese. It has become a derogatory term.

/thread.

Afrocentrists BTFO.

When will they excavate beneath the Sphinx?
Are you a Christian or a Muslim?
Do Egyptian Christianity or Islam have "pagan" elements from Ancient Egyptian religion, like Roman Catholicism has with ancient Roman and Germanic paganism?
What is the relationship between modern Christians/Muslims and their " pagan" past? Seeing as Abrahamic religions portray ancient Egyptians as evil and "Egypt" as synonymous with evil, as opposed to Jerusalem/Israel?

How many times do I have to say it. If you go down South to Upper Egypt, the people you see are darker than north. Going 100% from the artwork which I've autistically studied, it's clear that the darker type you see in Upper Egypt today was the majority/norm throughout first several kingdoms. That's not to say that there weren't more fair types like OP's pic too. In fact, many women would be portrayed that way as well as foreigners. I think that there probably was some kind of gradual population shift where the northern fair types became a majority and power moved there. The muh foreign mixture has been debunked so they can't be it.

>they can't be it
*that can't be it

I'm not him but the answer is no. Today's Egyptians have very little culturally in common with the ancients. They've been culturally arabized and were hellenized before that. In fact, by the time the Arabs had arrived, the hieroglyphs were already indecipherable and "Ancient Egypt" was already a thing of the past. The only reason we even know as much as we do is because of Western egyptologists.

Just saw this clip. Fucking hilarious how in the end everyone is laughing it of and the woman is visibly disturbed and the guy even offers to put cream on her back if she comes with him to his car.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2FBr_-v39vg

Egypt was 100% black before the arab invasion.

It hasn't really changed much. Coptic Egyptians, Christian Lebanese, and Yemenite Jews are good proxies for their respective regions' pre-arab past and they don't look that different from the majority. Though they do have some notable mixture in their genotype.

Das rite.

looks pajeet to me so no, they're ugly

She looks Ethiopian, so still ugly.

If anything migrations of Circassians, Albanians, Armenians and other Caucasian peoples into the Middle East has lightened the average complexion of the Levant rather than darkened it compared to historical norms

>When will they excavate beneath the Sphinx?

No idea. Why would you want them to do that?

>Are you a Christian or a Muslim?

Raised as a Muslim.

>Do Egyptian Christianity or Islam have "pagan" elements from Ancient Egyptian religion, like Roman Catholicism has with ancient Roman and Germanic paganism?

Pretty much what said. I don't think there are any living pagan elements in either religion.

>What is the relationship between modern Christians/Muslims and their " pagan" past?

I think that pretty much all Egyptians are very proud of their heritage and hold the Ancient Egyptians in high regard. I don't think there are any Christian or Muslim Egyptians who are ashamed of their pagan past, however they are convinced that their current religion is superior. There have been Egyptian authors (mostly Muslim) who have tried to tie their religion to the religion of Ancient Egyptians.

>Seeing as Abrahamic religions portray ancient Egyptians as evil and "Egypt" as synonymous with evil, as opposed to Jerusalem/Israel?

I can't speak for Christian Egyptians, but Muslim Egyptians are very proud of the fact that the word "Egypt" is mentioned four times in the Quran, making it the most mentioned country in the Quran. They think that it is favored by God because of that.

It was 100% selknam before the arabs

>Before the Arab invasion, the Middle East was objectively more white
That is a complete and utter lie. There is unironically no genetic difference between Pre-Islamic Egypt and Modern day Islamic Egypt. You are literally making shit up.

>t. Arab invader

It's simply not. DNA has proven it. Also, the lack of SSA DNA in the purest Levantine groups versus Arabs shows it showed up fairly recently. Your portrait proves nothing to be honest.

I'm guessing you're not going to show any of that proof though, are you?

Why is /pol/ always right?

I bet you think Greeks and Turkish rape babies.
No radical changes. They're still mostly the descendants of those people.

It's weird seeing just how much muslims hate jews, and how violent they can get at the idea that someone talking to them may be jewish.

As a white Christian, I envy them in this respect desu. We must step up our game. We can´t let the Muslims hate Jews more than we!

Arabs did not colonize places, there simply weren't enough Arabs. They had a few Arab garrisons who controlled the population and took native wives.

Population replacement is a relatively recent matter. Look at Copts, who have extremely little Arab admixture. They still look like North Africans.

Nobody has ever liked the Jews. Even their own narrative history reports how everyone hates them

>there simply weren't enough Arabs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have to be kidding me. The only reason modern day Arabs are so mixed is because they took foreign woman as concubines. Tons of them. They would have so many kids it was ridiculous.

[citation needed]

>tribal nomadic desert people had a big enough population to genetically assimilate worlds probably most populated area after china

>Nobody has ever liked the Jews.
This is objectively wrong.
>God
>Jews
>Persia
>Roman Women
>Swedes
>Indians
>Americans
>Mormons
That's just off the top of my head.

Like one god liked them. They were so odious that they couldn't even keep a pantheon

There was more dilution by sub saharans than by Arabs.

>God
You mean the Demiurge = Satan
>Jews
Anyone/thing a Jew likes must be bad/evil.
>Persia
Cyrus let them roam freely, but the Iranians learned a thing or two since then.
>Roman Women
Whores.
>Swedes
Cucks.
>Indians
Poos.
>Americans
Uncultured.
>Mormons
Cultists.

Cry about it whitey

Genetic evidence

Arab rule for 1200 years

Eygptians claiming they wuz arabs in 1950's-1970's

Massive African population influx as slaves during the Arab period

Is it a meme if there are thousands of examples of it being true?

I am 5/8 Japanese. Am I allowed to claim that I wuz ancient nihonese?

Not a drop of Arab or Ottoman despite being Islamized and people adopting Arabic names and the propensity for Muslims to go raping and pillaging everywhere they conquered being mentioned in historical accounts. Egyptia...-Al Masriyyun to the core. The conquest of Egypt was a peaceful democratic one.

1. The limited evidence we have shows a minor Arab genetic influence and more significant Subsaharan African genetic influence.
2. We definitely don't have enough evidence to say what the average Ancient Egyptian's DNA was.
3. This isn't relevant to anything but WE WUZ. People who stroke their ego to the accomplishments of their supposed ancestors 3000 years ago, are simply pathetic.

Mmmmm explain what happened in Syria/Iraq/Lebanon then. Those people are very much Arabized socially and genetically.

Modern Egypt shares about 15% of "Arab" DNA. That wasn't nearly as prevalent pre-650.

The Rashidun army that garrisoned Egypt was 60,000-100,000. Not to mention all the Arab migrants and merchants in the area during the Rashidun/Ummayyad/Abassid caliphates (Arab caliphates).

t. Read primary source in Arabic from the Quran and Hadiths about the conquest of Egypt

google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html

There are a lot more studies than just this one. Older, peer reviewed, studies that focused on the post-Arab conquest period.
For example

Because it's not true you faggot.

Reminder that modern day jews are Caanites and all the uncursed tribes converted.

The article doesn't mention Arab conquests at all. It just states the only foreign gene flow found was from the Sub-Saharan.

All these people thinking modern day Egyptians are some completely displaced ethnic group, utterly detached from the past are morons.

manlet link
cnn.com/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/

big guy link
nature.com/articles/ncomms15694

Yep. It'll forever be a meme until it stops contradicting some autists world view.

people like the exaggerate and claim armies can 100% displace local populations. yes, invading armies can effect the gene pool of the area to a certain extend but not to the point of being not recognized anymore. complete mass genetic displacement via conquest only occurred twice in history anyways.

>claim armies can 100% displace local populations

you know migration often follows or accompanies invasion, right?

Copts have no Arab mixture and look no different phenotypically. Fayum portaits like pic related we're made centuries prior to arabs. Arab genetic mixture wasn't enough to change phenotype.

>relevant
>being such massive faggots that you get kicked out of every country good enough to have you

not technically wrong I guess

Because DNA testing proves otherwise.

I mean King David was a red head it makes sense

All Semites have a substantial occurrence of E1b1b too. Is this a recent "sub-saharan" admixture also.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_populations_of_the_Near_East

E1b1b for retards
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-M215_(Y-DNA)#Origins
>According to Lazaridis et al. (2016), Natufian skeletal remains from the ancient Levant carried the Y-DNA haplogroup E-Z830 or E1b1b1b2, which is an ancestor of E1b1b-M123. The scientists suggest that the Levantine early farmers may have spread southward into East Africa, bringing along Western Eurasian and Basal Eurasian ancestral components separate from that which would arrive later in North Africa. No affinity of Natufians to sub-Saharan Africans is evident in the genome-wide analysis.[14]

>No affinity of Natufians to sub-Saharan Africans is evident in the genome-wide analysis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_DE
>back migration of YAP+ from Asia to Africa 31,000 years ago by its subclade haplogroup E

brainlet here explain what this means plz.

I don't understand why this thread is always here? Why does it matter what they looked like? Who cares?

The E haplogroup probably originated in Asia. Elements moved into East Africa ~50-40,000 BC, where there they further differentiated. Keep in mind these are all paternal lineages.

meant for
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natufian_culture#Genetics
>c. 12,500–9,500 BC

That barely accounts for most of the E1b1b clades in existence including the one that occur in the the near east. It's still branched off from the same haplogroup that Niger–Congo speakers come from.