I USED TO RULE THE WORLD

I USED TO RULE THE WORLD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3NqG2lAojNQ
ggdc.net/maddison/maddison-project/data/mpd_2013-01.xlsx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Australian_constitutional_crisis#Alleged_CIA_involvement
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SEAS WOULD RISE WHEN I GAVE THE WORD

NOW IN THE MORNING I SLEEP ALONE

>80% of the land was owned by Tribals
>This is supposed to be impressive

British empire was unironically one of the worst things to happen to the world. They're responsible for most of world's problems today.
Name one positive contribution the British empire made to civilization
Pro tip: you can't

>Name one positive contribution the British empire made to civilization
America

The philosophies of Thomas Malthus, Thomas Hobbes and many other such enlightened thinkers.

Inflexible Anglo rationalism washing away superstition.

Global Capitalism

Forming the Indian nation from a collecction of small city and princely states.

The Industrial revolution

>Global Capitalism
We asked for positive contributions user

>ruled the world
>literally a bunch of tribes in Australia, Canada and Africa with the only decent territory in India

What did he mean by this?

Railways, football, cricket, rugby, abolition of slavery, defeat of Nepoleon, lone stand against hitler

NO NO NO !!
Hands off clay stealer !!
VOLEUR!

>sport
lol, call that a contribution
>abolition of slavery
lol, not based
>lone stand against Hitler
>yes, take czechoslovakia

>capitalism
He said good things

>Global Capitalism
youtube.com/watch?v=3NqG2lAojNQ

What you mean after Hitler had defeated them and the rest of Europe? when Britain refused to make peace and fought alone despite having an opportunity to make peace and leave Hitler to rule europe. Guess that's not a good enough contribution

>No British Empire
>German or French monarchies dominate Europe
>Environment for hitler to ascend in is never established
>No hitler for the nonexistant British to defeat

Abolition of slavery, beginning of modern capitalism (both neo-liberal and keynesian), many other philosophical contributions.

>Forming the Indian nation
Didn't they essentially just rename the Mughals?

>lone stand against hitler

Ah yes, WWII, were the UK single handedly took down the axis power.

Civilization

Civilisation appeared centuries before the British Empire

>"Civilisation appeared centuries before the British Empire arrived in my country"

Fixed your statement

That would be the french.

>replying to obvious bait

Even India would be better without British rule, the British were pretty much completely useless and exploitative

>useless
Explain

>GDP rise obly facilitated by the industrial revolution

A GDP of $6000 before electricity and automobiles?

Electric power generation began in the 1880s, everyday objects we take for granted such as refrigerators, radios and cars weren't widely available until the 1920s and it would be decades until these things became more economical. Though industrialists like Tata had some success in India, during the 19th century the most economical place for heavy industry using technology of the time was grain producing temperate regions like Europe, north eastern United States and Japan. It was not feasible for India to go from $500 to $6000 from 1850 to 1910 let alone 1820 to 1880.

They contributed nothing to India and held it back from developing, India grew exponentially when it became independent

The data in your chart is skewed. Low points were chosen when India was faced with turbulent times just after independence. Here is data with more years.

ggdc.net/maddison/maddison-project/data/mpd_2013-01.xlsx

It wouldn't be until the 60s before India gained greater prosperity than the high points before independence. Now if you're asking why India grew more in the jet age than during the great depression, the answer is obvious.

>Britain colonized India to develop it
things that make you go hmm.....

>held it back from developing
I have seen virtually no proof of this besides some weavers getting mad at the East India Company for bringing calicos to Britain in the early 18th century. These weavers would later become luddites, the first union.

If the British were devils that wanted to stop India industrializing (despite the fact it would increase their own taxes and profits) they could have easily stripped Tata of his assets. They didn't. They were doctrinally devoted to free markets and free trade.

>India grew exponentially when it became independent
relative to other countries, India's growth was dismal

commies please leave

CAUSE YOU ARE GOLD, GOLD
ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOUR SOOOOOOOOUL

YOU'VE GOT THE POWER TO KNOW YOU'RE INDESTRUCTIBLE

ALWAYS BELIEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

IT'S SOMETHING UNPREDICTABLE BUT IN THE END IT'S RIGHT

>if you're not a capitalist you must be a commie
Good job falling for that false dichotomy goyim

is this a former colonial possession thread?

IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR COTTON EYE JOE

You taught me the courage of stars before you left.
How light carries on endlessly, even after death.
With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite.
How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

I wake up and wonder how everything went wrong.
Am I the one to blame?
I gave up and left you for a nowhere-bound train.
Now that train has come and gone.

Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the flood, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the.......
FLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop the dubs with beats!

WAKE ME UP
BID MY BLOOD TO RUN
BEFORE I COME UNDONE
SAVE ME
SAVE ME FROM THE NOTHING I'VE BECOME

Defeating Napoleon and the Luftwaffe

>Forming the Indian nation

Literally half of their 'empire' were the empty uninhabitable frozen/desert shitholes of Canada and Australia that nobody else wanted. The other half of their territory were stone age African tribes that had no chance at ever being able to defend themselves, even Liechenstein could have conquered them. The only real possession of the British that they conquere worth anything was India.

Same goes for France, 80% their so called colonial empire was literally empty desert wasteland in the Sabara desert.

That can't be real.

NOW THE OLD KING IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING

>Australia
Wew lad
Wew
>Intervention

It's probably referring to this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Australian_constitutional_crisis#Alleged_CIA_involvement

>alleged
I allege that the CIA intervened in Mongolia, better paint it red too.

>published online
wew what a reputable source

At one point it was finland, the UK and wartorn china (which was at much at war with itself) vs germany, italy and the soviet union and japan all at once. He didn't mean that britain defeated hitler alone, but simply that they refused to give in even when victory should have been impossible.

THE YELLOW JESTER DOES NOT PLAY
BUT GENTLE PULLS THE STRINGS
AND SMILES AS THE PUPPETS DANCE
IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

kek

>US government assassinations in Western Europe

Gonna need some citations I'm afraid.

It's more land than anyone else could steal from tribals.

Napoleons short lived empire was mainly a bunch of tribes though, outside of the cities youd've found no shortage of toothless shoe-less illiterates fighting over bread, or backwards fanatical who couldn't so much as use scissors.
You could likewise describe the USA up until very recently as "literally a bunch of tribes" and have it make about as much sense.
The map of British dominions in the 1910s is very impressive, a tiny, not terribly well situated island is still the most powerful country in the world, it's hard to see on that map but the UK has near total control over all the world's sea routes, something no power before and no power now can lay claim to.

For a while they were pretty much on their own once France fell.

> system X is better than capitalism
What system won faggot?

mughals didn't take all of India, just the north. they where also some of the worst people in imaginable.

Why not? its the grand fleet

bump

I TRIED SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR