US history

>US history

Even as an American, I find US history to be extremely boring.

Why?

Well that's great, OP. Thanks for your input.

Every topic I try getting into doesn't seem to interest me whether it's the American Revolution, WW2, Cold War, etc.

You're welcome.

THE FUCK WAS THAT FAGGOT?

high schools cut out a lot of shit in our history

>no badass naval history
>no banana republics
>no interstate warfare
>not much political history outside the presidents
>doesn't go in-depth into the business and political machine dickery

only points of interest they touch upon is the Civil war, WWII, and the Industrial Revolution

>he doesnt like our Frontier Days

There's a lot you're missing out on

any recommended reading material for this?

OP has a really good point.

I'm more patriotic than the majority of Americans and even I agree that our history is objectively boring when compared to that of the old world's. Having the most stable political system in the history of mankind gets boring very quickly, and although living in the current year is almost perfect we all lack certain things. These things are living in a nation with a rich history of religious wars, fearless knights and kings taking the throne thanks to divine right.

All these things envoke the most primal, nationalistic feelings within human beings. That's why Americans turn to things such as "muh white heritage" despite not realizing that there is no such thing as just "white" and Europe is a very divers continent filled with Anglo-Saxons, Scandinavians, Iberians, Frenchmen, G*rmans, Slavs, Italians, Greeks and the other fifty fucking ethnicities I chose not to include.

To add could also be why people are so intrigued with cowboys. They were our knights, and we cling to that.

Hell, I'm sitting next to my lever action rifle as I type this right now. God bless America.

Lay off the weed.

>Having the most stable political system in the history of mankind
>USA
That's not how you spell Switzerland

This.

>Wanting America to be like Europe
America is rich in history since it has been a big player in history starting by the late 19th century, most importantly the 20th century, and the 21st century.

Not necessarily Europe, and I don't necessarily want it like that (it's just instinctual). I'm just saying non-democratic societies tend to be more on the "lore" side.

As an Old Worlder I actually like American history a lot and I think it's criminally underrated by yuros who think it's worthless simply because it's not ancient.

Maybe you shouldn't have used history as nap time in high school

It's incredibly boring because the US is designed to be incredibly stable. The most interesting parts are times of crisis and the civil war. But shit like that doesn't happen often. The entire gilded age for example is mostly a memory hole for me, I can't even name a single president between the end of reconstruction and Hoover.

Plus there isn't even that much US history to look at. Native American history is meme tier because there weren't any actual major settled civilizations that built things like the Nahuatl or the Inca, it's almost all just generic aboriginal tribe shit with muddied oral histories. And after that you just have the history of the US itself which is not even 250 years long. For context the Victorian era alone was almost half the length of that. US history mostly hasn't even happened yet.

The Revenant.

Its more of a story than a history book, but the writer does a great job of recreating the actual events that Hugh Glass went through on his path of vengeance.

Some stuff he did add which isn't a lot and he points it out in the afterword

Although it's a fiction rather than history book, John Williams' Butcher's Crossing inspired my interest in the American Western genre is a whole

> I can't even name a single president between the end of reconstruction and Hoover.

Teddy Roosevelt fuckface.

That's because you're a simpleton