Is it acceptable to attend Mass kinda drunk? I do it every once in a while

Is it acceptable to attend Mass kinda drunk? I do it every once in a while

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xVcNQWb0bCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I go to that shit stoned off my ass. Sometimes I even go while tripping balls. My nigguh Jesus's first miracle was turning water into wine, he wanted us to be having a good time and to use drugs to get there.

Just don't be sloppy and stupid obvious about it.

Nigga, your god literally went and used his divine powers to get more booze to a party to keep it going and you ask as if you were some kind of a dry muslim.

PCP, so you yourself can be a god and challenge him to fight in his home. If he doesn't show, you know you've one and everybody will then worship you.

I´m not even Catholic but you only need to answer yourself this. Are you be okay with letting the priest and the congregation know that you´re drunk or do you try to hide it? If the latter then you know that there´s something wrong with it and you don´t need anybody to tell you that.

It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

It's okay. Jesus' blood was wine. he was probably drunk 24/7.

Rastafarians employ the use of cannabis before studying the bible. This was adopted in imitation the practices of the Saddhus. Don't know how authentic it is to Abrahamic traditions barring the mushroom thing but drugs are a significant part shamanistic practice.
youtu.be/xVcNQWb0bCs

>Is it acceptable to attend Mass kinda drunk?
yes according to hedonists

That would be a question for your local priest

This

for catholics it is semi-customary

>If the latter then you know that there´s something wrong with it and you don´t need anybody to tell you that.

There's a pretty big difference between going to mass with a minor buzz to get the ole' inhibitions nice and loose, verses going to mass when they're flat out shit-housed and making an ass of yourself

It's not about "hiding" it, it's about not doing it to the point of being excessive and over-doing it.

>2 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.” 4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.” 6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons. 7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim. 8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.” They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
>John 2:1-10

GTFO out of here with your protestant drivel about sobriety being godly. Jesus's first miracle was helping people get shithouses and all majority Catholic communities, French, Irish, Italian, and German, are all massive friends of the bottle.

>going to mass with a minor buzz to get the ole' inhibitions nice and loose
But why would you do that? Do you go to church to pick up girls?

>But why would you do that? Do you go to church to pick up girls?
You do know the reputation that Catholic girls have, right?
>(they're sheltered and naive enough to believe you, plus they won't make you wear a rubber)

but another reason could be the fact that there's a lot of singing in a Catholic Mass. A nice shot of Irish Whiskey will get you jolly enough to belt those hymns like you fucking love them for the timeless classics they are. And then there's the soul-cleansing ritual of confession, where a few shots will help you confess your darkest secrets to a man who would sooner suffer a painful death than share that secret with anyone else. Plus there's the social aspect of church, the shaking of hands, the "peace be with you"s, the after service mingling, and being slightly buzzed can help introverts be a little more open and expressive than they otherwise might be. So much of Catholic life takes place outside of the ritual, and in the right measured doses, a little alcohol makes a social gathering that much livier.

I mean for fuck's sake, we drink consecrated wine as part of our ritual.

Sure why not? They're going to hand you free wine anyway.

In Orthodoxy, you can't even partake if you have eaten or drunk after midnight prior. Drinking booze beforehand is extremely inappropriate, and getting drunk before the liturgy is outright sacrilegious

I fainted a few times because of this bullshit. I started to have to eat behind my parents back in the morning. Fucking ass backwards traditions.

>Catholic
Weddings definitely
Holidays no prob
Everything else buzzed ok

My ecclesiarchy says it's grounds for expulsion, so no, I consume no drugs before Mass.