Where do I begin with getting a solid understanding of crypto currencies? It all seems so esoteric

Where do I begin with getting a solid understanding of crypto currencies? It all seems so esoteric.

Is investing in anything (stock market crypto whateve)r even worth it while i'm still just a poor college pizza delivery boy?

give me book recs, videos, pdfs to absorb while I save my pizza dough (LOL) in a few years ill be getting a check for around $20,000 and by then I want to be able to start setting up myself financially.

1. Buy SIGT

2. Get rich

Ez mun-e

If Veeky Forums is shilling a coin 90% of the time its garbage, but even with garbage most coins increase in value unless you do something stupid like buy a PnD coin near the apex.

Im pretty new myself but the best things ive found are read the whitepages even if it doesnt make total sense to you yet and check contributors, if theres 30 of them and 20 of them youve seen on other coins avoid

>that pic

Anyway, there is nothing to understand about crypto for the gambler other than to read the "white papers" of a new coin and then gamble on it and buy it. I would not recommend this for you right now.

You probably won't ever buy thousands of a coin at 2 cents that later goes maximum Bitcoin. This new shit is highly volatile (i.e fluctuates wildly) and unpredictable. For a coin to be proven worth buying, it has to moon first. If you buy before that and it moons, it's not because you're savvy or some shit, it's just dumb luck. This entire thing is dumb fuckin luck. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I didn't buy any Ethereum until it was $8, and I would not have bought it before either even if I had known about it. I threw some into a wallet and sold/traded the rest as it rose. Forgot about the wallet for months, and when I remembered it, it had grown to several thousand dollars.

At this point I'd tell you to buy fucking silver before crypto. Besides that, by the time you get your $20,000, the market is probably gonna be imploding like a neutron fuckin star. This "recovery" from the 2008 recession is entirely superficial, and while things are ok now, we have 20 trillion in public debt and trillions in private debt to contend with. The bail-outs postponed a massive market correction, and in doing so only made it far more severe when it comes again. The (((Federal Reserve))) is out of tricks.

Grim prognostications, but that's how I see it.

SIGT is a great example of the volatility I mentioned. In 2 weeks it debuted, exploded, crashed, exploded, crashed again (albeit to a new and higher floor) and now it's stagnant.

is it safe to play gold? I bought some eth to long hold, probs wont make much but eh.

Metals are what you buy and hold as insurance against recessions and crashes, and to offset inflation, i.e maintain purchasing power. You don't "play" metals.

The market will implode sooner than people think, although BTC and ETH will actually be havens for wealth.

Putin met with the etherium guy to discuss blockchain possibilities for Russian state banking. Crypto is gaining a lot of traction for exchange everywhere except the US, although US is helping developing the tech. When shit goes down, the dollar is in trouble.

I used to think that crypto was just for pumping and dumping, but now I do always hold no less than 1.5 ETH and 0.15 BTC. I should buy a few Monero too for the fuck of it.

I also have about 130 ounces of silver and some various gram bars of gold.

Steel and lead are the kings though. I know it sounds Alex Jonesy but our society is heavily reliant on technology and welfare programs. Between the massive debt and the precarious position of being so reliant on technology and easy access to a massive surplus of food and clean water, everything can go real bad, real fast.

Even worse, the world is getting tired of the U.S. They have been for a while now. China could dump all the U.S bonds and shit and instafuck us.

I've been sitting on a pile of semi automatic rifles and ammunition for like 8 years now. Could have sold some off for big profit during the Sandy Hook pump but held.

I used to be full "idsgonnahappen", but more and more I believe that while there will be massive changes and imagined disruptive events, it's not going to be a full SHTF type event.

Having a good rifle and a concealable handgun is the minimum any responsible citizen of any country should possess. Whether they can do it legally or not.

Beyond that you're either just collecting, or making a long hold. You wont make a lot of money holding lead and steel on any timeline but multiple decades unless you're scalping panics like an asshole.

what does that pic mean?

It means that cryptocurrencies are gonna conquer the world economy, so it'd make no sense to have dollars

Its actually possible to make money on crypto starting from 200 usd or so.

the first way is buying fresh coins and hope for a PND
The second way is to find a high volume coin on bittrex and ride the waves and dont be a retard taking risks

Why does this pic get posted so much? Looks like a pretty happy well adjusted family.

Sure it's cringey, but it's better than coming from a broken home.

You are part of the problem.

sell me a mosin for under 100

It's more of the very definition of first world prosperity. The family is white, blonde, and overweight in possesion of goods and consumables that are overvalued purely on brand image rather than quality of product. It's one of those fee "rly maeks u think" pictures that actually does have deeper intellectual value.

>projecting this hard

hes right theres nothing wrong with it. Youve been poisoned by this site.

Sell them to the Democratic Federation of Northern Syria. Name your price they're in no position to turn them down.

>morbidly obese parents
>obese child
>INSIDE starbucks on a beautiful sunny day
>wasting precious moments together by sitting on the internet

The last part is the worst. Time with your children is so precious. That baby is only going to be 1-year old for 52 weeks. That's 52 weekends plus the occasional holiday. After that it's over. The 1-year old version of your child is gone.

And the best memory you have from that time is sitting in Starbucks watching some stupid shit on your laptop.

Sad.

Get a load if this fucking faggot. How do you know that the best moment they have had? That could be one stop in a very eventful day.

faggot, they were probably on a cross country trip thats why they are all in a starbucks using the internet

you sit inside projecting toxic accusations while your own life ticks away

lurk everywhere. biz, subleddits for the big coins, bitcointalk forums, tradingview crypto chat room, telegrams, everywhere. take it all in. only experience will get you to where you want to be.

and buy some ETH to hold long term, and use that to buy some shitcoins on bittrex or cryptopia so you can learn the ropes of trading and working the order book. you'll get shit on constantly bu whales and their fake ass buy walls (they are selling in front of the wall) and sell walls (they are buying in front of the wall). shitcoins are where the real gains are but if you get greedy you will only lose money. don't try and time the market. ETH and BTC are the stable ones but you won't get rich overnight with them.

Why are fat, dumb people such brand whores?

Because they're day from sitting on their assess watching TV and dumb because dumb because they believe everything commercials say

>shilling ethereum

lel

easily the most overvalued shitcoin of them all

ETH is web 3.0 and can actually be used by normal people and institutions (and many companies have already joined the EEA), it has more transactions than bitcoin on a daily basis, more trade volume than bitcoin on a daily basis, has more nodes than bitcoin on a daily basis, always has low fees even when being DDoS'd by the dragon den and ass blasted bitcoiners, and it has a dev team that works together to constantly improve the block chain.

which coin is overvalued again?

good luck with your "store of value" that could be killed literally any day now if a large portion of the miners decide to move over to BCC.

>talented dev team
>can't even write simple "smart" contracts in their own language without getting hacked repeatedly

top kek

etherfags really are this delusional

the only ethereum vulnerability that's been exploited so far was the DAO hack, which was fixed because the eth community can actually come to a consensus when it needs to and understands 100% immutability is a bad thing. mass adoption will never happen on a totally immutable chain.

the rest of the "hacks" were all external dev teams fucking up their own implementations on the eth blockchain, like the parity multi sig wallet contract fuck up which you are probably thinking of.

you really need to learn more about cryptos before talking this much shit. at least come after me with the actual ETH exploits like the DAO fuck up.

you realize we're talking about a dev team that thinks proof of stake actually works right?

LMAO

most obvious scamcoin out there, by a mile. these tards are running around shilling promises of shit they know will never happen