What would be morally wrong against capping personal wealth at let's say one billion dollar...

What would be morally wrong against capping personal wealth at let's say one billion dollar? I understand that such a policy would be hugely difficult to esatblish because of the nature of wealth , but what would be against it from a moral perspective?

>what would be against it from a moral perspective?

Depends on the moral framework you are using

Leftist
>It is essentially theft of other people labor
Nationalist
>hoarding wealth is bad for the nation and its people and is therefore evil
Christian
>It is sinful to be greedy and sin should be eradicated to save the soul of the sinner
Utilitarian
>That money would be better used elsewhere

It all just depends on what angle you wanna come at it from you can come up with an infinite number of moral frameworks to support or oppose this

What we can take from communism for this is that when you limit the rich they will revolt and will convince the rest of the pop. to join them.
Rich people want to get richer and these systems limit that.

it would motivate uber rich people to invest in cloning technology so they could clone themselves and have 2 billion

Instead of capping personal wealth, I would rather make it so that if you don't make a lot of money, you don't pay any taxes.

theyd transfer part of it over to their relatives

politicians already do this, they have a crappy old car and a crappy old flat under their name but their wife have a brand new gigantic car and a mansion from their "successfull" business

What would the government do about things like property that exceeds the amount owned?
Does this just apply to income or does it apply to assets too?

That's a terrible idea. Wealth is essentially an incentive for contribution. If you just capped it at 1 billion, you would be missing out on a lot of potential from people like Bill Gates and Elon Musk.

Yeah that's why this idea focussed on the moral aspects because due to the nature of wealth it is impossible to implement such measure.
I don't see for what purpose a single person should own more than one billion. I rather prefer more millions of people living a middle class life than a small amount of people having more than one billion

Not to mention offshore accounts.

Also what is considered wealth? Only currency? Home equity? The rich would be storing their wealth by buying drums of oil or something. Tide dish detergent and legos are used as currency for drug operations.

Why not limit the monthly income instead?

I think it would be better to implement additional taxes on the extremely rich that would increase by the size of the wealth. These could be used for healthcare and so.

Let us not cap the limit of the elites wealth.. if you limit them and their goals of hoarding as much as humanly possible.. they might not do stuff and things with their wealth that we will eventually have a trickled down benefit from.

I wonder jew could be behind this post

The problem I see with this (and what a lot of leftists refuse to acknowledge) is that it is exactly this greed and potential for ludicrous wealth/power that has provided the motivation for some of humanity's most amazing achievements. Look at the achievements in aviation, medicine, technology, etc... likely all came from at least in part due to the rat race for money. Who else is going to fund these? You could argue taxpayer funds but using other people's money simply doesn't tap into that superhuman drive like greed does.

What has the Rothschild family done for us lately?

Invested billions of dollars into the global economy, manage international financial institutions that serve millions of people, pay taxes on their earnings, etc...

These people pay more in property tax in one year than most leftists will pay in income tax in their entire life.

i doubt that they'd pay any sort of taxes.
nor do they manage the system that they've set up.. the IMF has a lot more say so than the private stockholders, and within the EU, a small insider group called the Eurogroup working group... According to Yanis Varoufakis, these are the people who really control a lot of the worlds finance... The Rothschilds don't do much of a fuck

outside of benefit from it.

I do definitely acknowledge the fact that greed caused a lot of amazing archievements, but why should one be limited in such greed if there is a cap on one billion? You can still become immensely rich even though that cap functions

This is a pretty common view, but quite easy to dismantle. When you look at where most recent cutting edge technological developments have occurred and continue to, it's almost always been government-funded projects, most typically the pentagon. The internet, microchips, touch screens, wifi, vaccines, antibiotics, radar - all came from government funded research. Now these are integrated into and sold as consumer products for money - but the actual technology comes from government funded research.
>other people's money simply doesn't tap into that superhuman drive like greed does.
Except technological progress isn't caused by superhuman drive - all it takes is the cold, scientific application of human reason and resources. The private sector is actually quite bad at investing in major technological development because it is too short sighted and not aiming at technological progress itself, but profit. It's good at turning other people's technological developments into something user-friendly, since that's what corporations who sell to ordinary consumers are competing over. But in something fundamental like the internet, can you even imagine a corporation's research department inventing it? It's not profitable to develop something like that. That's where Al Gore comes in.

>cutting edge scientists are motivated by greed

Kys shitposter, weakest bait in days.

Wonder what Huey would think of things today.

They are. Not necessarily purely $$$ greed, but making a name for themselves is a form of greed unto its own, and you know nothing about scientists if you don't think many of the most successful ones don't simultaneously own/manage biotech companies.

Most of that is bullshit. Bell Labs was the leading research institute in the world until the government practically took it over during WW2. Obviously government *can* fund science and lead to new discoveries, sometimes great ones with no immediate profit-motive, but most research has always been performed by private individuals and/or organizations.

i was thinking of developing the cure for cancer, but if the most i can make is a billion dollars? not worth it

Theft is a moral position?