Why did Croats chimp out so horrifically during WW2?

Why did Croats chimp out so horrifically during WW2?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiwand.com/en/Josip_Frank
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Inferiority complex, compensation for a lack of political power, overall bloodthirst, 1000 year dream of independence.

If you look at the origins of most Yugoslav war criminals of the 20th century, Pavelić, Boban, Vjekoslav Luburić, Šešelj, Karadžić, and many others, you will see they were all born or have ancestry within a very small mountainous region that includes Montenegro, Herzegovina and part of Dalmatia.

There's something very wrong about that area.

Crogmanid bloodlines

The leadership of the Croatian ustasha were jews or married to Jewesses. Not even memeing.

Interesting.
So maybe they weren't really early medieval migrants but a very old population that got assimilated by Slavs.

Did balkanoids even leave the Paleolithic?

wikiwand.com/en/Josip_Frank
Not even joking this guy was Jew and major opponent to coalition in AH with Serbs.
Nationalists hostile to serbs were later named after him Frankovci.
He was later maternal grandfather of Dido Kvaternik, one of most prominent statesman in NDH.

Population as whole was far from loyal to the state, as Germans with increasing partisan activity massacred not only Serbs but also Croats, large amount of ethnic territory was handed to Italy and state itself was very brutal, sending to concentration camp anyone if they had even the slightest suspicion he/she collaborated with partisans.
By 1943 Germans said that Pavelić effectively ruled only Zagreb and its surrounding.

Don't forget, Milošević's family is from Montenegro as well.

Yet they killed almost all jews in yugoslavia rly activates the almonds

Reason for such crimes wasnt even result of hostility between Serbs and Croats (which certainly by late 30s was very high) as much as extermist Ustashe gaining power.
At first rule in NDH was offered to moderate nationalist Vlatko Maček and HSS (Croatian ethnic party), when he refused it, Ustashe which were until time in exile and under protection of Mussolini were given power.
And while at first Croat population (at least part that wasnt annexed to Italy) was loyal (in Zagreb german division entering it was welcomed with flowers), increasing amount of massacres alienated its very fast (in july 1941, 2 months after establishment of NDH, first antifascist unit was formed by Croats and Serbs in Sisak, some 60 kilometers southeast of Zagreb)

They werent that much anti-jewish at the beginning, but being Hitlers lapdogs Nuremberg laws were quickly installed to please him, as regime very much depended on German support.

The mountainous areas (Montenegro, Hercegovina, Dalmatia) were particularly violent areas when compared to other parts of Yugoslavia, even before the creation of Yugoslavia itself.

>HSS (Croatian ethnic party)
Croatian peasant party*
;^)

Were many still in support of the monarchy?

It's because we live in a very poor and harsh environment. And good catch.

>very poor and harsh environment
You might blame the Ottoman rule, but the environment itself is a paradise compared to other places (Mediterranean climate, plenty of rivers, fruit, pastures, rolling hills).
It's not some harsh dry area with little food in the Sahara.

And even if the people were tougher because of the Ottoman rule, all these bad event happened a century after that when they became more educated and urbanized.

Greater Croatia will rise again.

Inland Dalmatia is barren and brutal

More like, because you your savage ancestors were chased out by the fear of civlization into your Kamenjar and wasteland like Hillside.

Wherever a Hercegovian or Dalmatian hinterland family sets foot the area immediately becomes an endless pit of nigger tier corruption endless illegal construction spam, family Arab tier despotism and degeneration of every kind.

Go fuck your self traitorous, war profiteering, thieving subhuman nigger.

You people are literally gypoo tier, you need to go back or get thrown into ghettos.

>tfw Montenegrin
>tfw so many savages and idiots around me

Still, Serbs are even worse. Not as aggressive but they are snakes

I find it astonishing that europe, already rather irrelveant on a geopolitical scale, so filled with historical divisions and pointless war has got like a fucking miniature version of itself in the balkans, seriously, all of you fucking hate each other, what's wrong with you?

Do you really believe the swedes and the Dutch would be as progressive and tolerant as they are if they had similar gdp/capita to us?

Lot of relatively recent conflicts, with lot of people being alive remembering what happened, and Yugoslavia was never that good of idea with creating of common identity, with all the tribal, historical, and religious differences.

This.

Inland Dalmatia needs to get glassed.

>tfw reading this thread with a shitskin dalmatincski zagorac father
at least my mother is a fair skinned blue eyed bodulac

dida always used to call him an uncivilized vlach and he'd fly into a rage

don't race mix fellow balkanians

America has it's own white trash communities as well. There's not much difference,.

You have to diferentiate between coast and interior. Coastal cities were historically rich and developed, interior is barren and poor.
This is especially true for Montenegro and Dalmatia. It's basically fucking rocks.

"White trash communities" aren't at constant war with one another.

I'm Montenegrin too and Montenegrins are literally the worst people in Balkans in every sense, excluding Albanians.
Serbians are shit like everyone but quite different. And we are Serbs ethnically, I hope you're not one of these new retards who bought communist/DPS propaganda.

Neither are we dude.

Pfft. As balkan diaspora I can say for fact you're 1000x safer walking the streets of some sub 10k central Bosnian town at night than you are taking a stroll through Methville, Bumfuck county, Kansas at night. Super poor balkan people have way more dignity than their first world counterparts.

Herzegovians and Dalmatians are subhumans

Serbs pressured Croats to join the Kingdom of Yugoslavia without negotiation any conditions of the merge. The result was a state that oppressed Croatian nationalism and Croats and resulted in the formation of Ustashe, a paramilitary/terrorist group that wanted an independent and ethnically pure Croatia. They were basically /pol/tards of their age except someone (Hitler) decided to actually give them power over his statellite state. Their chimpout came after some 20 years of brewing up rage and telling each other that the day of the knife is coming.

They didn't really give a shit about the Jews and Nazi ideals, they just wanted the Serbs gone.

>Methville, Bumfuck county, Kansas
Have you actually been in Methville Kansas? I mean I've been to the Balkans and it feels safe now but 20 years ago there were literal genocides going on.

Nothing happened in the 90s that was classified as actual genocide.

why are montenegrins so bad out of curiosity

This is why I'm proud of my Croatian bloodline.
SRBE NA VRBE

You're kidding, right?

Nothing in the 90s in Yugoslavia was in any measure genocide. The word genocide is thrown around because of politics.
Hurr, 8k POWs executed. While it's a heinous crime, a massacre, a crime against humanity, the Germans did that shit for breakfast, and to civilians too. Turks dumped 1,5 million people and killed them in a desert. 800k people got hacked to death with machetes within a month in Rwanda.
Srebrenica is the biggest massacre, Operation Storm was the biggest ethnic cleansing.
Operation horseshoe would have been a bigger ethnic cleansing, but it's uncertain if it was even planned
>an alleged[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]
>information could not be verified.[11][12][13][14][15][16]

What's the deal with that northern chunk of Serbia in a lighter shade?

Germans had more direct administrative power there.

It was part of the occupied Serbian territory under military command but was autonomous and administered by the local Banat Germans.

So were they planning to directly annex it after the war?

A kind of apartheid with the local German minority.

The Germans living there, as well as the wider area of Banat and Vojvodina - that is, including parts of Hungarian and Romanian territory - wanted it but the official policy was to apease both allies. This is also why Banat was not outright annexed but rather fell under control of the administration in Serbia. The Banat Germans worked to ensure their control over the region, though.
On the other hand, the plan was for the whole occupied Serbian territory to remain under occupation, with Belgrade becoming a sort of fortress city populated solely by Germans, that would ensure control over the Danube.

>Proud patriotic diaspora

>tfw animosity between Croats and Serbs was started by a meme poem about making willows the new home for Serbs written by a Slovene politicians at the start of WW1

fucc off nerd I bet you dont have a gf

commie supression caused the yugoslav inner wars

>montenegro
>black mountain
you can't expect people living on a black mountain not to be evil

I don't know, but 90's bosnian/serb war songs are catchy and fun.

What if we took everyone in the balkans and put them on a planet with no mountains?

Suicide, judging by local suicide rates.
Source, none in english that i know of, but simply googling samoubistvo/samoubojstvo will get you articles that state Vojvodina and Slavonia&Baranja respectfully have the highest suicide rates in their countries.
In Vojvodina there's a suicide every 17 hours (one article claims), Vojvodina catches up to Lithuania in terms of suicide rates.