Tell me about the history of this country

Tell me about the history of this country

> country

Not OP, but Moldova is unironically more of a legit country than Romania ever was.

you are not being of help
why

>Declared independence from Russia in 1917
>almost immediately voted to join Romania
>annexed by Soviet Union in 1940
>regained by Romania between 1941-1945, then became part of USSR again
>became independent from USSR in 1991
>one tiny sliver of the country along the Dniester split off from Moldova, a situation that continues to this day

A smaller, shittier version of Romania.

>Republic of Moldova having anything to do at all with the Principality of Moldavia other than being the poor part of it.

Inb4 moldovan nationalists try to claim that Basarbia isnt just a former Soviet SSR, and that romanians just try to leech off the "glorious" past of Moldavia.

thanks, I know about that tiny sliver, I think it is Transnitria or Transnitra.
tell me more about that "glorious" past of Moldavia.

it's the second poorest country in Europe, the only country that's poorer is currently going through a civil war.

so why dont they rejoin romania, are they just huge cucks or is this like a puerto rico sort of deal with the US

I think Moldova is the poorest country in Europe, actually. If we're going by Per Capita, at least.

Why would they join a shithole full of gypsies? One of the only things Moldova has going for it is that there are no gypsies, unlike the shithole of Wallachia which formed Romania.

In short: russian influence. The root cause for all issues with the country since gaining independence (corrupt politicians, anti-eu population etc.)

>steal land from hungary
>claim dindu nuffin
>steal land from hungary
>claim dindu nuffin

rinse and repeat fucking gypsies

Shouldn't it be called Bessarabia? It's not like it actually contains the majority of historical Moldova.

It should, and it doesn't.

It's a small country of confusion and contradiction, all of Moldova would look something like the part I enclosed with red in pic related. Most of the people there are Romanian, they speak the language and have the same culture, but there are lots of Russians and Ukrainians as well. The situation is really similar to Germany and Austria
>Both countries speak the same language
>They border one another
>One's much bigger than the other
>The smaller one has claims on large chunks of the bigger one(Austria-Bavaria, Bessarabia-Moldova)
>Both keep close relations but never unify

>he can't tell Romania and Moldova apart

They have town rapists there apparently

All I know is a man there sends me cartons of Marlboros after I send him Bitcoin

curious which country do you live in. western europe i suppose?

lel I used to buy cigarettes from Chisinau as well

can't really recommend it, stopped when a fresh off the boat Ukrainian friend of mine said he wouldn't smoke them under any circumstances

a mix of gypsies and mongols

really dumb and ugly inbred villagers

they should all go back to india (along with romania) and the area given to ireland

>all of Moldova would look something like the part I enclosed with red in pic related
Nice pic.
I do know what Moldova looks like though, thanks Poland.

Get the fuck out of here potato nigger.

UK, 4 day delivery
It was a hassle honestly and it was mostly for the novelty, got picked up by border patrol and refunded twice, with four successful parcels
dutyfree . io
cigspot . something

I haven't done it in a year. The Marlboro golds were actually made in Ukraine

>I haven't done it in a year. The Marlboro golds were actually made in Ukraine
I used to get lucky strikes. They had an odd smell to them and the filter would peel off and lose color when it got into contact with my saliva. kek

My nigga
Dunhill Blacks

Yikes. There's a pub near me that sells JingLing cigarettes from the Kalingrad at a fiver for twenty. It'd honestly be safer snorting an ashtray for your fix

>PIC RELATED
Sorry man I forgot

principality of moldova
there was no country such as romania, wallachia was a similar state as moldova

>tell me more about that "glorious" past of Moldavia
there is none, other than maybe the campaigns of Stephen the Great against the turks.

>there was no country such as romania, wallachia was a similar state as moldova
In its first years of existence Romania was literally called the United Principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia.

>he thinks that matters

oh i thought it was dacia all along :^)

christ what a rollercoaster

A small tumor that should've been given back to Romania.Said tumor has grown a tumor that is now larping as USSR

moldavia and wallachia united to create romania

>Shouldn't it be called Bessarabia?
Technically, no.
Old school Bassarabia in not even in the Republic of Moldova nowadays, lol.
We actually wanted to be called that, but the massive we wuzzers in the Transylvanian School had a different idea.

Dacomanian detected
The actual we wuzzers in Romania.

At first glance i thought it was the flag of Andorra. I was so hyped.

Stupid Moldovans and their flag.

what a meme country