Tell me about the Assyrians, Veeky Forums. Were they as evil as they're portrayed...

Tell me about the Assyrians, Veeky Forums. Were they as evil as they're portrayed? How effective was this evil in running their Empire? Was it one of the better-run Empires of the Iron-age?

bump

>C A R T O O N I S H L Y E V I L

Thing is, those evil portrayals were the Assyrians own accounts of how things went down. The whole point behind their brutality was to keep subject populations from rising up against them. I think the best example of this has to be the Assyrian king's throne room, the ntrwnce to which was covered in art of Assyrian military victories and subsequent treatment of their defeated foes. You end up with a throne room covered in depictions of decapitations, eyes being poked out, fathers watching their sons and daughters be massacred by cavalry, etc.

>Were they
ܝܧܜܣܖܠܔ
We're still here.

So it was all propaganda to make people scared. I also find their deportations interesting. Making sure very few conquered people are rooted to their homeland to prevent rebellions.

They have the first ever depiction of Jews getting BTFO'd. Nothing has really changed it seems.

They cucked the Egyptians and Hittites

Jehu bows to the feet of the Assyrian king.

E
D
G
Y

>"King Ashurnasirpal laid out many of his sadistic activities in one of his annals. He liked burning, skinning, and decapitating his enemies. When he defeated a rebelling city, he made sure they pay a huge price. Disobedient cities were destroyed and razed to the ground with fire, with their wealth and all material riches taken by the king. Their youth and women were either burned alive or made into slaves or placed into the harem. In the City of Nistun, Ashurnasirpal showed how he cut of the heads of 260 rebelling soldiers and piled it together. Their leader named Bubu suffered horrific punishment. He was flayed and his skin was placed in the walls of Arbail. In the city of Suri, rebelling nobles were also skinned and were displayed like trophies. Some skin were left to rot but some were placed in a stake. Officials of the city suffered decapitation of their limbs. The leader of the Suri rebellion, Ahiyababa, underwent flaying and his skin was then placed in the walls of Niniveh. After Ashurnasirpal defeated the city of Tila, he ordered to cut the hands and feet of the soldiers of the fallen city. Other than that, some soldiers found themselves without noses and ears. But also, many defeated soldiers had their eyes gouged out. The heads of the leaders of the Tila were hang in the trees around the city."

>“I cut their throats like lambs. I cut off their precious lives (as one cuts) a string. Like the
many waters of a storm, I made (the contents of) their gullets and entrails run down upon
the wide earth. My prancing steeds harnessed for my riding, plunged into the streams of
their blood as (into) a river. The wheels of my war chariot, which brings low the wicked
and the evil, were bespattered with blood and filth. With the bodies of their warriors I
filled the plain, like grass. (Their) testicles I cut off, and tore out their privates like the seeds of cucumbers.”

Pretty surprising they managed to last for 300 years.

They bragged about it and tried to spread the word about the fucked up shit they'd to to you if you step out of line. They were effective, though. But ultimately garnered so much fear that once the weak times set in everyone pounced, figuring it was worth it instead of the inevitable prison psycho shanking they'd probably get one day anyway after accidentally not kissing their ass enough.

>I built a pillar at the city gate and I flayed all the chief men who had revolted and I covered the pillar with their skins; some I walled up inside the pillar, some I impaled upon the pillar on stakes.

They were German-tier in their propensity to start ancient world wars with all neighbors at the same time.

Except they actually won.

>Babylonians. Chaldeans and Babylonia listed as separate entities
More proof that wikipedia is complete shit.

>So it was all propaganda to make people scared.
Keep in mind that the most effective propaganda is typically just the truth expressed in a clear and unequivocal manner.

Do you ever wonder what your ancestors were doing during the Bronze age?
I don't mean in a "hurr durr I am teh noble soldier" way, I mean imagine what kind of random bronze age assholery did your dirt-farmer ancestors have to put up with.

Where were they when Ashurnasirpal was "tearing out privates like the seeds of cucumbers"? Hopefully someplace comparatively quiet, and far away.

It's so far down the line that I have literally no idea, even the area I would imagine they'd live in probably wouldn't be accurate. I could trace down my family only to the 13th century AD.

not for long :^)

No one has any idea, I just meant in day dreaming kind of way. It's pretty nuts to think of all the bullshit your genetic line had to go through to get to the current day.

>your genes were once present in some pathetic rodent like creature cowering in a burrow from dinosaurs and shit

WE WUZ

It's not wewuzing if they actually wuz.

Sure m8 and iraqis are all babylonian lmao.

Don't share our tooshyuhs/ohs with nukhrayahs/ohs, you khmawrah/oh. Look what happens Don't ruin our plans for absolute superpower while we're this close!

>keep the same identity
>keep the same language
>keep the same genes
Are you memeing right now?

>genes

M8 they were ARABD. The rapebabies just adhered to the mothers culture because they got some heavy identity issues and because they wanted to mask the shameful fact that they are rapebabies

Proof?
>A series of modern Genetic Studies have shown that the modern Assyrians from Northern Iraq, Southeastern Turkey, Northwestern Iran and Northeastern Syria are in a genetic sense one homogenous people, regardless of which church they belong to (e.g. Assyrian Church of the East, Chaldean Catholic, Syriac Orthodox, Assyrian Protestant). Furthermore, their collective genetic profile differs from neighbouring Syrians, Levantine Syriac Christians, Kurds, Iranians, Arabs, Turks, Armenians, Jews, Yezidis, Shabakis, Greeks, Georgians, Circassians, Turcomans, Maronite Christians, Egyptians and Mandeans.

Just look at them. Brown,short,hairy,low IQ and disgusting semitic noses.

>Genes don't matter, just look at them
Brainlet spotted.

>semitic noses
Assyrians were always semites you retard.

Alright you convinced me they are the same as they always were. They were always shit and ugly people.

Arabs reached the upper Tigris area with the Muslim conquests and settled in Mosul. Due to the religious division, religious laws and segregation into different towns, 'mixing' likely wasn't large-scale. After the Caliphate fell their contact with Arabs outside Mosul was minimal until the combined migration of themselves into cities and colonial resettlement of Arabs by Saddam recently. It's probably a similar story with Copts and so forth.

Thats one huge nose on the middle impaled guy. Figures its a jude