What initially made you interested in history?

What initially made you interested in history?

Dinner time conversations with my wwII veteran grandpa.

looking at all the pictures in history books as a kid
in the school library

Watching a lot of war movies/shows on TV as a kid

Go on to build models, then dioramas,

Get genuine history classes in high school, hey I'm good at this without really trying

Go into computers to get a real job, get the real job and return to college to take history classes for fun.

Like Rick Harrison on Pawn Stars, I'm a history nerd

Finding that I was lied to, that I was made to believe that the Holocaust was real until reading impartial sources on the kikes' lies.

I was running a Dungeons and Dragons game and wanted to make a Medieval Euro-style setting.

Vidya

WW2 FPSs

Reading more into the backstory of the movie 300

Runescape

age of empires 2

Reading a diary entry from 1960s Germany about how the author is worried about bills and romantic relationships, or a letter from late 12th C. China about how ugly the writer feels when they wake up in the morning and realizing that these people aren't just characters, they actually lived and had things in common with you.

These people are dead but when you read their words their voices are alive once more. When you read about their deeds they are remembered by strangers hundreds or even thousands of years in the future.

I got into history because it's a bunch of stories told from different perspectives.

You have to play detective to figure out what the truth is.

Parents never monitored my amount of TV time, somehow I usually switched between the History channel circa 2000-2006 and cartoons
>I was a nerd
Now Im majoring in it in college and realizing how subjective it all is once you get past facts and you acknowledge how shit critical theory is

As in ENFP im suppose to have a natural like for these things. BUT I remember distinctly as a child my father and I would always watch the history channel and rick Steve and Rudy maxa as well as documentaries which were a common thing which is where i also got interested in biological anthropology.

Wololo

Versailles. Just imagining the willpower to order such a beautiful place makes me angry that it will soon be another target for "peaceful" refugees.

As a kid I've always been a reader, but mostly on biological subjects.
Watching tv I often saw the "I am Spartacus" line.
Read the story quite early in childhood and started fantasizing about Roman wars / devouring Roman media. Naturally Greece came next, after that oddly enough the Dutch republic, had a boner for how the trade improved culture and science tremendously.
From there it became more all-round. Never really got into >1900, which I honestly lack knowledge of.

Being from an American patrician family.

I wasn't allowed more than two hours of technology until I was 8 so i would read books on medieval Europe

Reading fantasy novels were boring, so I read history instead.

History channel documentaries as a kid, then i got this huge world history book with fantastic illustrations, i think it was an Osprey book.

yeah this kicked off my passion for roman history, too

Medieval 2 Total War, Mount&Blade

Mynigga.jpg

Unironically this, mom bought me my first issue when I was like 4 or 5.

>post yfw you realise Arcani were made up and there were no ancient Roman ninjas.

Grandfather forcing me to write on historical events and facts while Uncle talks to me about it.

Age of Empires

being incredibly introverted
loving stories

There were no Japanese ninjas in the mainstream sense either.

Always had maps in my room so i wanted to know how the borders of the countries came to be