How come Americans are such philistines (for First Worlders)?

>denial of global warming and other examples of basic science like gender or evolution among both plebs and politicians
>contempt for academics and scientists (at for those who don't pander to Amerifat shortsightedness)
>We Wuz Kangz and other examples of historical revisionism
>Conspiracy Theories
>Electing a man with an underwhelming record in higher education (Dubya)
>Electing a man who loves the undereducated (Trump)
>And so on

Is it having too many Negroes? Or the Puritians?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266259787405225984
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/294894996279148544
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2850928/).
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2583786/
huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/gender-toys-children-toy-preferences-hormones_n_1827727.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The US is still more successful than any European country except for Switzerland and maybe Ireland.

because the world applies a magnifying glass to interesting countries

>switzerland
>successfull

>underwhelming record in higher education (Dubya)
I hate Bush but that guy literally graduated from Harvard and Yale. Meanwhile Eurocucks have guys like Martin Schulz, a literal highschool dropout, ruling the EU.

the bigger question is how Europeans fell even lower

why is Asia the only place where nations have dignity AND aren't shitholes?

I forgot:

>has a fixation with mad science cliches (see the hysteria over GMOs and too little progress in little things like gene modification and stem cell research)

>>Electing a man who loves the undereducated (Trump)
He's a New York billionaire, I'm certain he gives no shits whatsoever about middle america, it was all a transparent posturing during the election cycle fostered by his handlers.

This guy has decades of media attention on his entire vainglorious lifestyle but suddenly everyone has collective amnesia when he instantly transforms into a """republican""", just mindboggling.

Because it's profitable for the people in power to create a climate of anti-intellectualism.

>Counties make money whoring off their history and relics
>Pissed people spend money to fuck them as hard as possible

& humanities strikes again

Asia is 90% shithole

nice /pol/ thread
why do Veeky Forumssterical scream all the time at /pol/ opinions but when some leftwing sperg shares his political nonsense nobody says anything
double standards much?

>Asia
>nations aren't shitholes
>le 3 Asian countries = all of Asia maymay
Guess you forgot the advanced and developed nations of India, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Mongolia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, North Korea, Afghanistan, Yemen and Indonesia, faggot.

>it's a "Europeans make fun of Americans for having a superstitious reactionary underclass while importing their very own superstitious reactionary underclass from MENA by the millions" episode
Why are Europoors so pathetic?

>/pol/ thread
This thread is so /int/ it stinks of Krautchan.

Same reason Qing China was, when you are the center of the world economically and culturally (and before you guffaw reflect upon how pervaisive American culture is and how quickly it is replacing local traditions - even curse words are affected) there isnt much reason to think about others

>handlers

I don't know how lowly you think of Trump, but he didn't need someone tell him what to do in order to fool everyone. It really was as easy as being loud and telling people what they want to hear, and looking like someone they could have a beer with (unironically also a major criteria for a large portion of voters).

>I hate Bush but that guy literally graduated from Harvard and Yale.
That's the big problem with american college : if you have enough money you can go. Thus, reproduction of the same elites.

>basic science
>like gender
"social sciences" aren't areal scientific discipline, user.

>saying this here

I mean the Bannon cat and the other political vultures he hired.

Pretty much, mix between our own retardation and status as a haven for everyone, so you get the crazy dregs of society. The puritans moralfagging in the North, muh Chivalrous feudal LARPing society in the South, a black minority that is defined in our national consciousness as being former slaves, a Hispanic minority that mainly lives in areas that got taken from Mexico years ago, and the Puritans don't begin to cover the crazy religious shit that sprung about thanks to religious freedom (might as well be its own fucking gospel here)

GMOs are banned in EU

>contempt for academics and scientists (at for those who don't pander to Amerifat shortsightedness)
Most of the top research universities in the world are American. Its academic output / capita (measured by published papers) is comparable to Germany and the UK's, and significantly exceeds France and Japan's (to say nothing of China's, which holds the #2 spot in absolute terms).

What you're saying isn't completely baseless. There is definitely an anti-intellectual strain in American culture. But when you act like America has no intellectual/academic tradition, if you think American culture begins with the Big Mac and ends with the Transformers movies, you're just revealing your own ignorance and lack of interest in academics.

>EU doing it makes it okay

>basic science like gender
redefining gender from how it's typically used isn't a scientific breakthrough, user. only fundies think that gender roles are completely fixed and without any influence from culture

>Gender "revolution"
>Europeans actually want everyone to believe this

15 of the 16 hottest years on record in the last 16 years.

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266259787405225984
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/294894996279148544

There obviously is a difference between the genitalia you have and how you perceive yourself sexually.
This difference obviously needs a name for it, so we can talk and study it.

If you don't like gender and gender dysphoria, make up other terms, but these things exist and need to be named.

>on record

1. Buy a thermometer.
2. Measure and write down the temperature at set hours every day.
3. Five years from now, come to Veeky Forums and make a thread denouncing climate deniers, as you have first hand proof they are morons.

>5 years
>In the scale of human history

What really baffles me is how mainstream climate change denial is in the US. In other countries it's some fringe loonies who spouts this nonsense and no one listens to them.

>There obviously is a difference between the genitalia you have and how you perceive yourself sexually.
99% of people's "gender" matches their sex. no one denies that gender dysphoria exists, but it is a mental disorder. it isn't just me who says this, it is still recognized as such by the scientific community. notice that males with gender dysphoria don't want to simply fit the "identity" of being a woman, they actually want to be biologically female, and vice versa with biological females. if gender dysphoria was simply about an identity there would be no reason for them to take hormones or have surgery on their genitals

You are fighting strawmen, imaginary or actual crazy people.

1. A problem being rare doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed. Radiation poisoning is rare, we study and hope to prevent or treat it.
2. You can treat gender dysphoria in two ways - move the perceived gender to match the biological sex, or move the biological sex to match the perceived gender. People always do the first initially, and only if it doesn't work they go for the second, as a last effort.
In fact gender dysphoria is so rare, because people end up depressed with it, and their friends, family and so on support them, they get healthcare and psychiatrists, time passes, and their perception moves to match their biological body.
People have chemical therapy and surgery when this does NOT happen, that is to say in only the worst cases.
3. Something being an illness doesn't mean we should ignore it. We help crippled people fit society, give them benefits, subsidies their treatment and artificial limb development and so on. The same is done with diabetes, foods have labels to help people live better.

So the solution I want is:
1. Recognition of the problem.
2. Steps to control and treat the problem.
3. End discrimination towards people who have the problem.

People with gender dysphoria are treated worse than people with alcoholism or AIDS for no good reason.
Even media darlings like cancer patients, who get paid millions in subsidies indirectly to make their treatments affordable, and are always pitied and supported, are in some ways more to blame for their situation than transsexuals. You don't catch gender dysphoria from smoking too much.

This is why I hate the transtrenders you see in Twitter and Tumblr. They are making things worse for those who have real gender dysphoria.

I'm not saying it should be ignored or that it shouldn't be treated, what I have an issue with is how it's being used politically by the far left to claim that identifying as a woman while being a female is in and of itself a social construct. the OP for example made it sound like the redefinition of gender is some kind of scientific breakthrough. This is the only reason I have an issue with this definition of gender. it's much more clear to say "gender identity" and this both doesn't allow for a misunderstanding from the majority of people who use the conventional definition and doesn't allow for it to be used for the political agenda of the far left

Does this mean that a fuekd called "gender studies" is needed? I can't think anything more stupid and waste of research grants than a paper written about "gender fluidism".

>basic science like gender
Lemme stop you right there, pal. Also, there aren't any puritans left in the US, they've been gone for like 300 years at this point.

>and maybe Ireland

The perceived gender and biological gender are different things even in cases where they match.
That is to say, a "biological female identifying as a female" is a reasonable thing to say, since being a biological female doesn't necessarily mean you identify as one, nor does identifying as a female mean you are a biological female.

The perception is a social construct, as in it is determined by your expression in society, societal norms, what is allowed, what isn't, what is considered male and what female and so on.

Also the exaggerated political push is an attempt to normalize it, you had similar extreme and exaggerated movements when the slaves were liberated (black supremacy), when women got equal rights (female terrorists), when workers got equal rights (communism), sexual liberation (STD culture), and now the islamic revolutions as colonial borders are redrawn to better fit the tribes that live in the land.
Basically in order to get somewhere in politics, you aim waaaaaaaay ahead, because you presume you will fall short anyways, and because extreme views get you more votes than mild, common sense views.
So the modern "leftie" transsexual and PC culture is going to result in a much milder, more centrist and egalitarian outcome, and this isn't the first time extremist spearhead the road to reasonable politics. They are always discarded when the fighting is done, so don't worry about them.

"Gender Studies", which I presume studied historical and modern stereotypes and cultural divide between the gender roles, should be studies as part of anthropology and psychology, and some people can specialize in it. I don't think it deserves to be given as much time as it appears to be in the USA.
Then again, we don't have it here, so I don't even know what its about.

>transformers

Pretty sure that's japanese, sorry.

American research is mostly powered by foreign brains.
I expect any year now americans to start chimping about how american taxpayer dollar goes into research and funding for NON AMERICAN SCIENTISTS WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?
Probably will be Trump's next election theme.

>modern leftie transsexual and PC culture is going to result in a much milder outcome
>don't worry about them
Nigger what? They've gotten themselves written into the legal traditions of most western nations, its not going to go away for a long fucking time.

>Ireland
?

Didn't you see that one family guy episode? Ireland was the most advanced country on earth until they discovered beer.

So did the Nation of Islam, Islamic Brotherhood, Black Panthers and other supremacist extreme organizations in the USA. The end results was equal rights, not some eye for an eye white slaves situation.
And when women were burning bras and demanding subsidized pregnancy, end of all cosmetics, ban of all alcohol and drugs, divorce with a single day notice, and other such, they didn't get all of that in the end, they got equality and most of them were fine with it, and the extremists were shunned.

You get extremists to lead the masses, you change policies such that the masses are happy, and the extremists don't matter. What if they are unhappy, they are few, and the masses don't follow them anymore.

What? All of those organizations you listed are fringe groups that never got themselves written into the legal code in the first place. The extremists dissapearing eventually doesn't matter if they've achieved their goal of getting their laws written into our legal code (which they have in many western nations). And none of those organizations you listed even "went away", they're still very active.

Most soft sciences have even more experimental controls and statistical sophistication than the "hard" sciences, but the division is arbitrary anyway, and you only perpetuate it for political reasons. Psychology stems from biology just like chemistry stems from physics. There's no magic line in this chain where the scientific method becomes instrumentally useless.

>they got equality and most of them were fine with it, and the extremists were shunned.
They got preferential treatment before the law.

Why Ireland? I mean, they're relatively well off, but nothing special.

>durr the past is unknowable xd
>what is ice sheet core analysis
>what is dendroclimatology
>what is coral
>what is ocean sediment
>what us beryllium-10
>what are speleothems

Right wingers are 90% high school dropouts, I swear. It'd explain why they hate tertiary education so much.

>most soft sciences have even more experimental controls and statistical sophistication than hard sciences
Lel, considering that 1) Hard sciences rely far more on statistical data then soft sciences, which rely on observations (Cleveland WS (1984). "Graphs in Scientific Publications". The American Statistician. 38 (4): 261–269. JSTOR 2683400. doi:10.2307/2683400.), 2) Hard sciences are less prone to researcher bias than softer ones (soft sciences report higher rates of positive outcomes than harder ones do; ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2850928/). The distinction between hard and soft sciences is not a political one; the hard sciences are far more objective than their soft counterparts. Your liberal arts education is showing.

>other examples of basic science like gender
How is this thread still up?

You are confusing nature with nurture.

People can be tall, short, fat, thin, have big breasts, small breasts, small dicks, big clits, there are no instincts that cause an existential crisis because your body is not shaped precisely, evolution and genetics doesn't work like that, your genes only have a few mbs of useful data and cannot biologically program people to have the complex abstract concepts you describe. It must be due to an association the way Pavlov's dog came to subconsciously associate a ringing bell with food.

I can't tell if his post is being serious or not.

lol your system is shit you are only more succesful because you have huge lands and ressources. take away these two and you basically turn into Mexico.

i really, really hope it isn't

>and maybe Ireland

>maybe Ireland
What the fuck are you talking about?
Also technically all Western European people live better than you

>ruling the EU
lmao

>tumblr snowflakes have it worse than cancer victims

Unironically kill yourself

Trump loves middle America, he always had a soft spot for Cincinnati at least.

>tranny trying to force a false dichotomy where there are "real trans" and "trenders"
Nope, you are all mentally ill. Down to the last one.

This isn't the 1850s idiot, Ireland is the 3rd richest country in Europe after Norway and Switzerland.

>examples of basic science like gender

what the fuck are you talking about?

>1000 acres of farmland, a big house, a monster truck, and a blonde wife
You don't live better than anyone ahmed

It's actually 4th.

Also
>per capita
kek

Everything you listed is still a problem though. Ever since the drug revolution, America's number one fad is to take your perfect litre, fuck it up, then protest about it.

On the gender thing, I just want to vent, as a homo myself, that I hate this stupid gender shit. Gays finally were getting equality (I didn't want marriage, but whatever), schools were taking a stronger stance on no bullying, everything was going smoothly....
Then T and up ruined it. I done follow LGBwhatever because its been highjacked by the mentally ill. Trannies, Identity fags, they are the reason for the new wave of homophobia. And those gay pride shitstorms have never helped. All they do is perpetuate the idea that gays are nothing but drug addicted, attention whoring, sex fiends.

>I don't understand how per capita is tied to living standards

Your perfect life*, typo

>4th per capita in Europe
>9th in living standards

>all western Europeans
Not the Spanish, the Portuguese or the British. Those are all poorfags.

>all western european people live better than you
except for sweden, lichtenstein, the UK, luxemburg, france, spain, andora and portugal.

>"social sciences" aren't areal scientific discipline, user.
Well, duh. Gender is BIOLOGY, not sociology.

>gender is biology

We're poor as fuck lad, the statistics are massive inflated by foreign companies
t. Actual Irish person

No, gender is some tumblr construct.

The most embarrassing thing for me is being American. I cannot express enough the deep loathing hatred I have for the American mind.
Loves only money and material things, thinks classical liberalism is traditionalism, wages war every chance he can get yet conveniently is never on the receiving end, degenerated Christianity into some kind of satirical cult with snake worship, business like mega churches, and making statues of Jesus riding dinosaurs. He is so lazy that he has built an entire nation around convenience. He need never walk, he can drive everywhere he needs. The infrastructure is spaced out to a ludicrous degree to accommodate this. Cities turn into endless identical suburbs with so many cars the air turns to poison from the fumes.

If any of this is pointed out to him he merely regresses into child like insults and crude attempts at seeming more masculine with his primitive mind.

Not that user but

Its biology, unless you want to study body dysphoria.

Nigga what? Sex is biology. Gender has to do with social constructs. Gender is social science.

Gender only existed in linguistics as a grammatical category before the psycho cuckold crew redefined the word in the 1960s.

Biological sex -> women have wider hips, store more fat in legs, have narrower shoulders.
Gender constructs -> women should cover their sexual organs, shouldn't work in mines, shouldn't fight on the front, should pick and stick with a man.

One is biological, it is objectively true for all (except ill/deformed) people.
The other is basically society optimizing for the biological reality. However, some of these optimizations are now outdated, and only stick around for historical reasons, they are tradition.
In islamic states, women covering their face, as the face is sexual and no other men should see it, is a social construct thats outdated and doesn't make sense today.

Those are the social constructs, or what feminists call "gender". They are optimization of society by dividing people into gender roles.

Women and Men are proven to be controlled by two very different concentrates of hormones. Estrogen and Testosterone.
Women are more likely to fall in meeker roles of society's "gender roles"
While men are more likely to fall into domineering roles.
"Gender Roles" are merely a social response, not their own category in any scientific field. By this point, Gender Studies will be as notable as Craniology.

The study of estrogen and testosterone should be left to biology. No good can come out of studying something so simple with Freudian techniques.

Wearing pink isn't a function of estrogen.
Collecting tank miniatures isn't a function of testosterone.

There is plenty of factors of gender roles that aren't logical conclusions from our current reality and sexual dimorphism, they just happened and went viral for cultural reasons, and are kept as traditional.

>collecting tank miniatures isn't a function of testosterone
Actually it is. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2583786/

Did you read that? It says male monkeys like toys with wheels, and female monkeys like all toys equally.
Tank miniatures don't even have wheels, nor are they toys, they are for collecting and not playing.

Also I can easily replace that example with a thousand more, you have to fight the principle.

>tanks don't have wheels

Did you read the article?
They don't have those freely moving wheels you can run on your hand and see them continue to spin.

Stop Googling for a link that seems to support you and dropping it as if its gospel without reading.

Testosterone makes those tanks more appealing due to their connect of masculine things.
Estrogen makes brighter, softer colors more appealing.

You put a little girl and a little boy, both age 5, in a garden and see who will be squashing bugs, and who will be making and decorating little mud houses.
That is the simplest form of natural response brought on by biological factors.

>slow typer

You are disgustingly oversimplifying things just because you are offended by reality.
Pink isn't inherently female, we decided it was over time. For fucks sake, some languages have different words to moan during sex for men and women, for no reason whatsoever.
In islamic states the woman is covered all over, in western states the woman is displaying herself.
In islamic states the man enters buildings before the woman, in western states the man holds the door open.
Is their biology that different, to produce opposite results, or is it not pure biology?

A lot about gender roles is tradition and for historical reasons, not for biological ones.

huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/gender-toys-children-toy-preferences-hormones_n_1827727.html

A superior study was already posted, and already addressed.
Also, stop posting huffpost.

You haven't addressed shit, toy preference is biologically innate and that's a fact. The pink/blue crap probably has to do with biology too.

Tradition brought on by those very same natural responses, that had later become cultural prejudice. If men did not have dominating mindsets and women meeker mindsets, then those cultures would have not produced said results.
As I previously stated, a Freudian study should not be applied to something so obvious.

>Pink
>Not manly
It was until the late 19th century.
It was close to the color of blood, after all

>i am right and thats a fact
Reconsider.

This only proves the current pink association with femininity and the female gender is cultural and not biological.

>i am obviously right and you shouldn't study the subject further

At least you understood that much.