How true is this claim? Was 1 John 5:7-8 added to the Bible only centuries ago to falsely support the Trinity?

How true is this claim? Was 1 John 5:7-8 added to the Bible only centuries ago to falsely support the Trinity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum
youtu.be/NZSdwbopKJo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

some mudslime told me that the Church added it on purpose to support the Trinity

Though I'm not a believer, there is 0 evidence of there being systematic tampering with the Bible since it's canonical establishment. We have manuscripts in both Greek and Latin going back to the days of early Christianity that are consistent with the wording in more modern versions like KJV. It'd be very difficult for someone to rewrite the memory of the Bible when there were so many copies being produced in disparate regioins. The Bible is one of the most recopied texts in history and using comparative anylsis across time periods and regions we can see there are no changes in theological teachings.

>Though I'm not a believer

Sure

Yeah, only 'believers' say shit like that

He asked if the wording of the Bible was altered in 1516. I say that's impossible since there were early Christian manuscripts in our possesion now that refute this from regiosns outside of the Chruch's control.
That doesn't make what is written necessarily true

John 5:7-8 isn't in the earliest manuscripts, only the later Latin ones, there is every evidence of tampering in this case.

It wasn't altered in 1516 but when Erasmus translated the bible from early manuscripts in 1516 he didn't include John 5;7-8 because it wasn't in them, he was then forced to add it into his version because the church threw a shit fit.

lol. Wait until you see what Irenaeus' jew ass did to Mark.

John was written 80 or so years after the events it describes.

No, you could check the "non-Erasmus" bibles of the Greeks and it says the exact same thing.

Except they don't.

And the Lutherans just went along with it. Abd there was no religious disenters whatsoever. And then they went back and changed every copy of the Bible in print, including the ones buried in the desert.

This is from the Greek Orthodox bible. John 5:7-8 is clearly here.

Conspiracy theory mudslimes BTFO

Muslims are liars

>Literally every Christian in the past 1700 years or so has been a Trinitarian
>Believing this /x/-tier conspiracy theory bullshit.

There's no conspiracy theory, what I am saying is completely standard scholarship.

That doesn't look much like an early manuscript.

John 5:7 isn't the only basis of the Trinity and this is no /x/-tier conspiracy, simply a well known fact.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

The passage isn't made up. The wording, homever, has been a massive pain in the ass for the church ever since the times of Constantine. There was a lack of vocabulary in latin to properly translate the original text. And this lead to the massive arian problem.

The fact that the ending of Mark is non original is a bigger problem

youtu.be/NZSdwbopKJo