Veeky Forums approved manga/comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

europecomics.com/serie/the-eagles-of-rome/
lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1
youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
lezhin.com/ko/comic/ts_rome
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Otoyomegatari: A Bride's Story

I didn't finish this series. I left off just as Pariyas arc was beginning. Was it any good? I enjoyed the rest of the series but I don't like her character much.

Devilman and Devilman Lady both make excellent use of mythology.

This guy's drawing is clearly a labour of love but I can't help but think that his work isn't as pretty as it could be because he's going overboard on certain details. The rugs in this image are too much for me. Maybe if my eyes were Nipponized to naturally read right to left it wouldn't look so odd but as I see it the distribution of detail is off.

> Guy

The writer and artist is a woman.

Also check the Golden Kamui, top tier manga about late 1800s Hokkaido.

Wouldn't call it historically accurate (the writer takes a few liberties on certain events and the personality of characters) but I thoroughly enjoy Hyouge Mono

Comics:
-the Nam
-From Hell
-Eagles of Rome
-it was the war of the trenches

Manga:
-Ad Astra

In Nobunaga No Chef, the main character travels back in time and cooks for Nobunaga. It has some Japanese culinary history in it.

>no one has posted any of those American comics of Greco-Roman twinks

Hurry up will you..

"The Battle"

Vinland saga, Neanderthal, Vae Victis (dated but still cool), Murena, 1212 Las Navas de Tolosa, the temps d'espases colectionn (only in Spanish/catalan tough the last two) and I could go on, there's plenty of Euro comics than aren't bad in the history part but lots of them don't aren't translated in english.

What do you guys think about Kingdom ? It's a manga about warring states.

Daughter of Rome, if you can read gook. We have learned well of Japan's tutelage in depicting historical figures as cute girls doing cute things.

I'd also recommend Emma, by the same author, and Gisèle Alain, by Sui Kasai.

>That equite seems to be from the 50bc.
>Same as the german.
She is caesar, isn't she?

Specifically, Caesar during the Siege of Alesia, come in relief of Labienus - also a cute girl who presumably does cute things. Here are Vercingetorix and Commius.

Age of Bronze, Rebels, and Three are all great comics. Age of Bronze is about the Trojan war, but the author really goes out of his way to make it as historically accurate as he can.

Is this book as lewd as I think it is?

There is this French comic called the eagles of Rome ( les aigles de Rome) that has been mostly translated. If you speak or at least read French you can probably find all the chapters somewhere for free though.
europecomics.com/serie/the-eagles-of-rome/
It's about the child of the king of the Gauls who was captured once they were defeated by Caesar. He becomes a ward of the general Titus raised along side Titus' son Marcus and the comic goes through their adventures together.
Haven't read a lot of it but seems kind of dope so far.

looks /y/ to the max.

It's actually not though. The rest of the volume covers have them fully clothed as well as most of the story. They are presented as straight from what I have read for the most part.

The comic can be found on ReadComicOnline and I confirm, it is dope.

However it is a story of Germanic chieftain Arminius and his path to battle of Teutoburg forest, not some Gaul.

>As well as most of the story
You're clearly not deep in this comic yet. I won't spoil you details, but I can say it has moments spicer than Spartacus tv series. Not in a homo way tho

No.
Some dicks and tits are shown, but it´s not an erotic work.

>No Historie

sad Veeky Forums

>that hairy man manwhore in the third book

Surcos del Azar, because who wouldn't love a ww2 story centered around Spanish refugees?

I remember this one comic about a demon woman living through the copper age. Though I forgot the name of it.

I met Shanower in person, really cool guy.

Germanics peoples. Gauls. was it really that much of a difference?

Are all the chapters translated there? My French vocabulary is pretty horrendouss so I can't read whole pages well without some words.

>What's the difference?
Umm... a big one? They were two separate cultures, and the protagonist of the comic is the most important person in history of ancient Germania
Yeah, I've read all 5 chapters in English in hq

Don't you mean volumes? Is the story that short to have only one chapter?

5 chapters* I mean

Yeah, my mistake, there are 5 volumes

Me and the Devils Blues, by the guy who did Prison School.

My Name is Nero.
Pariya gets better, and the last I read of Otoyemagatai, her arc is pretty much done.

This ones pretty comfy

Alexandros
Tigers in the Mud
Cat Shit One

>Not reading Enemy Ace

Is that the comic where the
>Perfect
reaction image comes from

Yeah. It's his reaction to Spitfires.

neat gundam reference.

>tfw our favorite /d/rawfriend didn't make Ann-err I mean Fran Dank into a manga
>tfw we haven't heard a peep from him since

feelsbadman

Mossad got to him, RIP

>Mossad

I thought it was the /pol/stapo who found his Secret Annex and dragged him off to some Kekistani death camp.

might get blasted for this but, Lackadaisy

lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1

if you like 1920s stuff give it a try

Has Ad Astra been fully scanlated yet, I loved what I read of it but I can't find anything in english past a certain chapter.

I'd draw her if I had more free time. Well maybe sometime this week I'll sketch a lil something.

B-based drawfag... Is that you?

MODS

>thinking mods will take this down

Pregnant Anne Frank is the officially sanctioned fetish of this board you idiot.

Surprised a manga where the MC is some obscure as hell Isle of Manx fairy got an anime adaptation.

I like daughter of Rome.
Actually I do t even speak gook, I just love this image.
>it's sulla and pompey

Did you check out that artist's guro works?
That one where a female centurion gets captured alive by barbarians and raped to death was pretty good.

>guro
no thanks

Nah, /pol/'s actually taken a liking to drawfriend's works.

/dixie/ general threads in particular seem to enjoy them.

>Romanes eunt domus

r. crumb

but really we should start making our own comics.

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

Post it faggot

I just started it

I like this manga about comfy bath history of Rome and Japan, weird but funny.

You might like this one

Surprise no here read About zootopia Vietnam War yet

I'm suprised no one mentioned Zootopia holocaust yet

asterix & obelix

plz do

Best part of that series is how much of a bigoted asshole Art's father is.

I remember reading this in my literature class in high school. Loved it.

>Vinland saga,

This

Who's the author name? source?

lezhin.com/ko/comic/ts_rome

No english?
I read lot comics with this same long format on sadpanda

Zenith Graphic Histories

You may also like Classics Illustrated

I wanted to buy the first volume of this thing because I hate reading books in digital format.
Turns out it's out of print and even a used copy costs $80+. The other two are just $30.

do you have more of these?

>Manga about a heavily pregnant Jewish teenage diarist documenting her whacky sexually charged adventures in the Nazi-occupied Netherlands. All while trying to keep her unborn child safe, satisfying her own carnal needs, and throwing the Germany out of her country.

I would unironically donate/pay to see that

The Cartoon History series is fun. Also highly recommend Palestine by Joe Sacco.

Getting some serious nostalgia. Reading that as a kid was what got me into history.

just to let you know, English volume combine 2 or 3 Japanese volumes into one. 30 dollar is probably why it's like that.

Shigurui is great, if a bit fucked up at times.

Persepolis
Maus

Historie is great

Legend of Arslan is good too, but not historical. It's based off of ERE and Parthia, so it's interesting in a fantasy sense

Shigeru mizuki's Showa is a good example when it comes to History in Manga.
The comic is a autobiographical/historical journey through the Showa period of Japan 1928-1989. And who better to tell it than a guy who whent through it.

It comes in four volumes (in English) and it's worth the read.

The Ravages of Time

Jour J (D Day) is fun if you're into alt-his

>1. Russians on the Moon!
>September 19th 1969 : USSR is winning the race against USA that began 10 years ago.
>Appollo mission is a disaster and Soviets are walking on the Moon.
Soon, two spatial bases are built there : one american, the other sovietic and tension rises on Earth, while the two expeditions tries to live peacefully.
>It wouldn't prevent the Cold War to became hot right there.

>2. Paris, Soviet sector.
>December 1951 : In Paris' heart a serial killer threaten Cold War balance
In 1944, storm ravage the Allied armada in Normandy's shores. Overlord Operation is a complete disaster.
>Depsite the arrival of Allied in Provence some month later, Nazi Germany is still resisting until their capitulation when Soviet forces reach Paris.
>1951 : Film Noir, Serial Killer, Spy network. The twisted sequel of Casablanca.

>3/4. Red September / Black October
>September 1917. After french capitulation, Clémenceau is preparing revenge on German occupier.
>German invaded Paris in 1914 as they planned. Clémenceau flee to Algeria where he organise French Resistence.
>In 1917, Nicolas II is going to surrender Russia to Germany. Clémenceau decide to help Bolsheviks to kill him : former Brigades du Tigre member is send on this mission after he helped the famous Anarchist terrorist Bonnot to evade.

>5. Who killed the President?
>November 22 1973 : America under shock after Dallas Assassination
>America knew hard times, and maybe he wasn't the best president for this era of troubles. In the car that stopped because of strikers and political opponants, lies the body of the 35th POTUS : Richard Nixon.

>6. Power to imagination?
>1973 : 5 years after Mai 68 and the civil war, Paris lives anew
>De Gaulle died in 1968, and the political crisis became a real war.
5 years later, nobody know what happened to 200 millions of francs that were robbed at this time. Except the guilties, now close of power.

My autism doesn't let me enjoy that because the armors are fucking ugly.

Don't forget Onwards To Our Noble Deaths

/writefag/ here, am willing to help write a script in addition to contributing shekels

also keep this this thread bumped you lazy bastards

Vinlands Saga is garbage though

This one?

I'm pretty sure that's by JJfrench, who's a frog.

Shokoku no altair