en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Laws
youtube.com/watch?v=34LGPIXvU5M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so deep

truly stimulates your encephalon

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Laws

really jerks your braincocks

>a commie nigger who engaged in orgies and raped women on the scale of Bill Cosby today ever being true

Good one

Not only legal it was justified

>believing FBI propaganda

He was a gambler and cheated on his wife, but rape and orgies? Please.

As far as his rise to power? Yeah, sure. But that came as a direct result from a very specific set of circumstances, with an already corrupt and manipulative government in place.

>FBI pushes out propaganda

I didn't know the FBI owned the newspaper

>Everything Hitler did in Germany was legal
>Nigger doesn't know Hitler was sentenced to prison in the 20s

>All the Nazis were found guilty of crimes against humanity
>what they did was somehow legal

>All the Nazis were found guilty of crimes against humanity
Yeah, after they lost the war. Don't kid yourself into thinking weren't going to get away with it, had they won. The only thing Hitler unironically did wrong was lose.

only in the sense that anyone who can defeat the whole world without a plan would have to be right just because everyone else would have to be retarded

That wasn't a well-known fact in 60's. At least in America.

>most well known book associated with hitler is Mein Kampf
>not knowing Mein Kampf was written while Hitler served his time in prison

Most americans in 60's didn't know about Hitler's incarceration.

You must have lived during that time period to make such a blanket statement. How old are you old fart?

Then you don't know enough.

Did he hate Jews? I guess it doesn't seem too unlikely.

Do you think the average American has read Mein Kampf? Most didn't even read their own constitution.

>when your corrupt government makes the law arbitrary but should follow it anyway because it is the law

makes you think

The 1933 merging of Reichspräsident and Reichskanzler into the office of Fuhrer was completely unconstitutional and the Night of the Long Knives had to be retroactively legalized with some bullshit story that Rohm was plotting against Hitler. Hitler only got away with either of these because the Nazis would've swiftly executed any judge who charged him with breaking the law.

The SA operated completely legally, guys!

And this

What a brainlet

Hitler spent time in jail, and the Nuremberg trials definitely declared a lot of his regime's activities illegal.

Is this even a real quote? I know MLK wasn't exactly as wise and into research or truth as his mythology implies, but he wasn't retarded, was he?

Very true. Hitler broke no German laws.

Quite frankly i feel troubled at the recent attitude the has gripped the right in this country regarding the law. Specifically that any breaking of it is intrinsically abhorrent when that shouldn't be so. The reasons why a law is disregarded is as important as the fact that it was disregarded. Maybe the law is unjust, maybe it's nonsensical, maybe it's impractical or maybe all three. This is precisely why jury nullification is a thing.

This isn't to say every criminal is justified. Simply that the breaking of a law in and of itself, even en masse (if not especially so), should not be cause for disgust or righteous anger.

De facto legal is still legal. Still i don't think MLK meant *everything*. Hitler probably jay walked once or twice or and then there's what you mentioned.

I think in his context when he said *everything* he probably more specifically meant the racist stuff.

MLK clearly means that his "legal" detention is in the same moral standing as nazi atrocities. He's not endorsing Hitler.

You're basically saying breaking the law should be okay then? Nobody is saying the law is an end all be all.

lol are you for real?
youtube.com/watch?v=34LGPIXvU5M

>You're basically saying breaking the law should be okay then?
It is already ok depending on the circumstances. We have this as a built in part of our system but no that is not what I am saying. I am saying that someone merely breaking the law is not cause for outrage.

If the creation of the very office Hitler held is illegal, then every directive and order he issued in that position is illegal (including most of the Third Reich's anti-Semitic laws).

See the problem?

Once Hitler and the party were the state, wouldn't they be the ones dictating what is legal? If we're going by laws of previous states, chances are he did plenty that would have been considered illegal under the Holy Roman Empire.

It was only illegal to the precedeeing state to his own state it was perfectly legal.

People keep noting that Hitler was arrested for the Beerhall Putsch and all that, so technically MLK was wrong. But his point is correct and much more important.

Everything that the Nazi Party did while in power, all of the murders, the Holocaust, the rampant discrimination, use of slave labour, etc., was legal under German law.

Essentially, MLK is drawing attention to the fact that laws can (and often do) uphold fundamentally unjust systems. A lot of whites in America during the time were criticizing the civil rights movement for violating the law, so MLK is pointing out that the law is not a moral principle in its own right and should be criticisized when it is unjust.

I'm pretty sure the Night of Long Knives and burning of the Reichstag was technically illegal, he just big dicked his way out the repurcussions

Most Americans in any time period don't know shit.

>shitty disinfo meme
Enjoy tartaros.

They don't have to read it to know it's the book Hitler wrote in prison moron. Not knowing Hitler went to prison is like knowing Nelson Mandela went to prison.

> swiftly executed any judge who charged him with breaking the law.
Ah, the good old days.

>Hitler fought on Germany's side during WW1
>There was no repercussions for losing that war. The international community deemed it to be legal and everyone lived happily ever after.

Reminder not to trust a communist planted nigger for historical claims.

>Nigger looks up to Mahatma Gandhi for his "non-violence" policy
>Doesn't know Mahatma Gandhi and Hitler were bros

The SA surrounded the Reichstag on the day of the enabling act and threatened violence and murder. Throughout the 20s and 30s they acted as thugs for the NSDAP and did things like storm communist party meetings and wreck the places.
His rise to power was not legal.

Educate yourself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

>FBI releasing investigation to journalists deems it uncredited.

Well yeah. No shit he was DER FUHRER. He made it legal.

>they cant arrest you for unlawful assembly because you are being perfectly lawful
>arrest him for not having a permit to parrade

Yeah, thats a bullshit charge, Marty was completely in the right. his whole letter was about the law being abused, and the hitler analogy would have been timely for all of the politicians who would read it, as many were ww2 veterans.

I don't understand

>break law
>go to jail for it
>dindu nuffin
ah truly a classic

You know they'd just not give him a permit to parade either way?

I dont think you understand, the permit never gets issued, it exists so that you wont have it, its a workaround to make lawful assembly illegal if they dont like it.

He's poorly trying to say that you shouldn't conflate legality with morality.

Not literally true, since Hitler WAS jailed in Germany before coming to power. But if "everything Hitler did in Germany" is taken to mean "all the stuff Hitler did after coming to power", then yeah it is true, certainly if anything he did was against the letter of the law, there wasn't really anyone to punish him for it. And the basic principle of the quote is a reminder that law does not equal morality. Which of course is true.

"We don't make the news, we just report it."

Who does make the news, then? Really makes you think...

It was legal at the time. And if Hitler had won the war they probably never would have been charged in the first place. The whole point is that the law isn't really anything concrete, it's really just what humans decide. And obviously when two countries hate each other enough to kill millions of people over it, they're not going to agree on the legality of anything.

Well I think it's valid to say that following or breaking the law is morally neutral. Many things that are outlawed are also pretty clearly immoral, but they're immoral for reasons other than the law.

I think it basically comes down to de facto vs de jure. It may not have been legal according to the constitution and whatnot, but if the people who were actually responsible for enforcing the law went along with them, then it might as well have been legal.

>the law is not a moral principle in its own right and should be criticized when it is unjust
>t. Confucianist faggot

>when you don't understand figures of speech so you invent a Communist conspiracy

>Confucious has exclusive rights to one of the most common ideas in political philosophy
Honestly, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who actually claims that any law is just simply by virtue of being a law. Most people who do follow the law either
A) never really thought much about it, only doing so because that's what they were always taught
B) consider some laws to be unjust, but follow them anyway because they don't want to be punished.
or
C) recognize that laws CAN be unjust, but trust the political system to prevent truly unjust laws from being passed.

Half the fucking thread is people literally not getting that MLK is implying that Hitler got into power and did everything he did legally from that point on, and that failing a coup and losing the war and getting judged at Nurember isn't included in his analogy

Holy fuck you guys I don't know what kind of brain maggot made you this dumb but I'm pretty sure you guys were also dropped on the head as a pre born foetus

He's illistrating a point guys.

Even though Hitler did nothing wrong what he did in the 1922 Putsch was illegal thus he went to prison despite doing the morally right thing.

Its important to elevate ourselves moral to understand the distinction between legality and morality and that at times the law can stop us from doing what is morally correct.

Thanks Dr. King.

They just really like being right about things and calling other people stupid. It makes them feel better.

So they don't analyze, they just found a factoid that contradicted someone elses statement and posted it so they could be smart and someone else could be stupid.

>bierhall putsch
>morally right