Protip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OinF1i8dj6E
youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a stanky shithole full of niggers and piles of garbage
>aesthetic

-t europoor.

NYC was a cultural hub, commercial hub, and street mecca. Everyone in the 80's and 90's copied nyc style and wanted to be like nyc.

Niggers aren't welcome on this site.

/pol/aks with subhuman iq should go back to /pol/.

I'm American.
>Everyone in the 80's and 90's copied nyc style and wanted to be like nyc.
That could have something to do with 80s and 90s being total shit.
>posting Lucky Luciano
>actually glorifying gangsters
Yeah, back to Africa with you Jamal.

Disgusting

80's NYC was pretty shit, and 90's NYC didn't really get interesting until the middle of the 90's. That being said, NYC from around 1995-2001 did have a pretty fucking neat aesthetic.

> Everyone I don't like is black
I'd rather have Jamal in America rather than suburban queers like you shooting up supermarkets and churches.

Life long nycer born in 1985 here. Yeahhhhh no, I don't really miss the "good" bad old days.

You unironically think living in some IRL GTA full of criminals, graffitti and piles of shit would somehow be a good thing.
>shooting up
You should check the shooting rates in white areas vs black areas while you're at it. Perhaps look at Chicago or Detroit, they're the closest to your 80s NYC dystopia you seem to love so much.

If you miss it so much, move on over to Detroit

>>actually glorifying gangsters

>implying

Or St. Louis, or Cleveland
>niggers everywhere
>high poverty
>high crime
>drugs everywhere
>crumbling infrastructure
>graffitti everywhere
>urban blight
>abandoned car wrecks everywhere
>buildings literally falling apart
>trash piling up on the streets
What's stopping you from moving there OP?

>Lucky Luciano wasn't a gangster
>implying

>25 year limit on Veeky Forums
Has it really been 25 years since the 90s? Shit I feel old...

No one would want to live in it but everyone admires the aesthetic. It's also why people love things like street wear, hip hop, and gangster movies. Or why people love the scenery in a movie like Blade Runner.

I understand. I'm not trying to imply it's a great place to live, but I'm trying to say it has a great aesthetic.

They are not financial hubs nor world hubs. The only place that comes close is Chicago.

>comparing professional organized criminals to street niggers

> It's also why people love things like street wear, hip hop, and gangster movies.

Yeah niggers and snow niggers.

Yeah, where did you get that figure from? Let me guess up your mothers twat?

>Or why people love the scenery in a movie like Blade Runner.
Because they're fucking retards. It's called dystopia for a reason, it's not something desirable. The cyberpunk genre was literally created as a warning, not as a movement for autists to emulate.

Speak English when you are talking to me, you walking sack of garbage.

By world hubs you mean cesspits of 3rd world racial trash? Because they're that very much.

*small north american town in the 80's and 90's had the best aesthetic
fixed that for you

Non-American here
Were the late 70s-80s-early 90s the worst period for American city dwellers.
I seem to get that impression from what people say and the culture of those times.

We have a certain love for dystopia, it's why games like fall out and deus ex are so popular.

If we're talking 20th and 21st century, absolutely.

You are a fucking idiot if you think nyc isn't a world hub for finances.

>not financial hubs nor world hubs
That's implying those two are separate things you stupid ape.

Very much yes.

Homicide rates in the US doubled in between 1963 and 1970, and halved in between 1995 and 2005.

The interim period was pretty fucked.

Urban landscapes can be nice pretty comfy if you were born during the 90s or early 2000s but there's absolutely nothing nice about gangster nigger shit.

If anything I think big skyscrappers with more 21st century tech and less ghetto trash is nicer. Those settings that are like "oh it's on the future but it's not THAT much into the future".

After December of this year there will officially be no more children born during the 20th century.

childhood is idolizing 80s/90's New York

adulthood is realizing how much of a shitheap it was

> implying

Of course there isn't anything nice about it, but that's the whole appeal .

A shit heap that ran the world.

>posting >implying when called out for being a retard

There is hardly any difference, people like Luciano started out as shitty street hustlers and common thugs as well, same as the niggers. The only difference is the niggers stayed shitty street hustlers until they died and never became rich, probably due to low IQ.

> He does not know that Luciano helped america during the Italian front and protected nyc harbors.

>A shit heap that ran the world

See now that's what was appealing about New York.

The contrast between being the most powerful city on earth and a garbage heap.

Of course, it would probably be better as a fictional setting than a city you have to live in.

/pol/ posters miss this point, thanks for pointing it out.

>fighting against Mussolini
Hope that terrone faggot rots in hell then.

Detroit, like most large cities in America, is gentrifying. Lots of white people, hip bars and restaurants, etc.
The crime is still bad, but it's a big city, probably 85% of which any yuppie/hipster has no reason to go to

It's a lot different than when I was a kid going to baseball games, that's for sure

>not reading Evola and realizing Mussolini is degenrate.

>calling anyone degenerate while unironically liking the Mafia

Is there a point to be made or are you gonna just post your favorite TV characters?

>a city that ran the world

thats what's appealing about it, sure but not everyone is a business man working in lower manhattan gazing at beautiful skyscrapers all day

living there in apartments in crime riden streets, working about your kids getting involved with drug dealers up the street must of sucked

it looks comfy, movies like Home Alone 2 show how comfy it was but id pass on the opportunity to live there

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OinF1i8dj6E

The contrast between the base criminality and the extraordinary achievement and power is what makes it so interesting.

>movies reflect reality

They reflect reality more than meme info graphics.

That picture is actually probably accurate, I've been to New Orleans and I can't imagine even Johannesburg being a worse place. It's literally one small touristy district surrounded by hell on earth.

Back then it was a post-apocalyptic ruin. Now it's a dystopian shithole with mass surveillance and privilege checking.
Related fact: The highest murder rate in NYC was only 30 per 100,000 in 1990.

Ancap Aesthetics are best Aesthetics

There's nothing capitalist about Kowloon walled city at all, it was a slum for opium addicts where Triad despots controlled everything, including access to water.

>a slum for opium addicts where Triad despots controlled everything, including access to water.
So, the most ancap place imaginable.

>80s/90s NYC
>not 70s prime degeneracy NYC
Step it up user

No, just plain old anarchy.

Why does 70s New York get so vilified compared to any other city in America

taxi driver
unironically, weimar berlin

Corktown is like one block, nigga

Yet, they had factories where you could buy products much cheaper.

Totally Ancap

>90s New York had the best aesthetic
I fucking hate transplants like you
Have you even lived here?

Actually wanting to live there would be retarded. I don't see anything retarded about enjoying the aesthetic.

>New Yorker talking about transplants
>Constant influx of New Yorkers moving down South only to want the same New York issues they created down here.

Plus NYC is a transplant city.

NYC in those time was literally modern day Detroit and Chicago in one. You would have to be a liberal cuck to actually find it "cool".

>The tacky monstrosity that is the 80s-90s "best aesthetic"

>When La Belle Époque was a thing.

>Literally "The beautiful age".

OP you just outed yourself as a plebeian with a shit tier taste on aesthetics, please remove yourself from the human gene pool so we don't have more people inheriting your shit tier taste.

NYCer from 1990. I can agree. It had its feel and appeal don't get me wrong, but op is romanticizing it too much.

Present day NYC for all its libcuck shit is quite an awesome city though if you can afford it. Also, from my experience, you get brownie points from girls when traveling abroad if you're from there. NYC is a country in itself after all.

And on that note:
European women >>> American Women

You don't know what modern Detroit is.

Add child rape and it's textbook ancap

Because NYC is THE American city so everyone noticed when it became a catastrophic shithole.

>implying post-apocalypic 1970s ghetto isn't an aesthetic testament to the failure of modernist planners.

>celebrating failure

Explain what it is

>mfw some libtard from Cucktown, Maine moves to NYC and complains how it's too gentrified and how he wishes he could experience that real 80 NYC where you could get AIDS from using a payphone and dodge bullets while shopping for groceries.

it is the cycle of life and it is not as though everything was purged

good thread...1970s/1980s NYC was very cool but it seems like lots of cities get peak coolness decades.

1920s-1930s Chicago.

Do you just have a thing for urban violence?

1940s/1950s LA

tends to go with boom-times.

1990s Seattle...

youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY

>dude grunge lmao
no thanks

1820s to 1910 New Orleans....

>NYC from around 1995-2001 did have a pretty fucking neat aesthetic.
what made it different?

R U gay or black?

>not seeing the value of seeing dystopias in practice

gook

Grunge was gayness materialized.

1620-1650s Amsterdam

THIS

so a little of both?

good one...

You are probably one of those fags who listen to classical music in order to seem more intelligent whilst accumulating books you never read on to your library shelf, kill yourself life stylist.

Looks gritty and depressing but in a mesmerizing way.

Garbage then, garbage now.

>La Belle Époque
>live in the late 19th century
>don't live in the Wild West

even European Nobles knew better...

My nigger.

>Everyone in the 80's and 90's copied nyc style and wanted to be like nyc.
this isn't even remotely true, and you know it
of course it was influential, but it didn't completely dictate style for even the rest of america

>youll never be a private dick in 1950s LA/NYC

need death

NYC's cultural influence is way over-blown, especially by New Yorkers. The West Coast and Texas (and states more under their influence) pretty much do their own thing. NYC sometimes won't pick up on popular trends from those regions for years.