Which Empire had the most impact on the modern world?

Which Empire had the most impact on the modern world?

The British one

MUH DICK

Meme answer: British Empire
Real answer: French Empire

British, but that was impacted hugely by the Roman one that preceded it, so it depends on how you look at that.

The Roman Empire.

Correct, all the British did was civilize some irrelevant savages, while the French managed to start two world wars and give birth to the Enlightenment and the liberalism.

this

id like to COLONIZE her world

iykwim

The Akkadian Empire. When talking about impact the first thing is always the most important. The discovery and use of electricity is incredibly important but if fire wasn't discovered it wouldn't have been possible.

This, owning a ton of East African wasteland does not make an Empire important on its own

This

Why restrict yourself to "empires"?

But the answer is France.

Rome

>France
>an empire
You can't have both.

i wish we had flags so we could laugh at french flags

technicaly its the british but underneath all that the mongols had a huge ripple effect

I wish you knew how to read so you wouldn't get lost trying to find /int

>France

The Eternal Frenchman never rests

Mali Empire

The modern world was basically invented by France, with some accessory participation from Britain (a French colony).

*teleports behind you*

Not so fast frenchman

The first one, the Akkadian empire. It set the mold for every one after it, gave us certain concepts such as the base 12 number system (used for time and measurement across the globe). No other empire is really that different from what they started doing.

damn I said this too and didn't even read your post

It´s kind of arbitrary because culture and science are continuous phenomena. This influenced that other one, but the first had already been influenced by others. There are cultures that weren´t empires at all, but were hugely influential. The proto-Indo-European weren´t even a settled people and Indo-European is the largest language group, spoken all around the globe.

But if I had to pick, Rome and Albion.

Are you just anti-Anglo memeing or do you have some evidence for that?

This.

Mexican Empire

Only mental illness would lead someone not to say Roman Empire

This

Inca empire obviously. You literally cannot imagine what would happen to the world weren't they've been conquered.

No, the guy who said Akkadian empire was correct. Rome gave us our (European) culture, but Akkadians created the very concept of an empire. Without Akkad, there would be no Rome.

Literally what part of the modern world isn't French? And what do Anglos have to do with anything?

>created the very concept of an empire.

China and South America made Empires without their help

But not Europe. You can clearly see the continuum from Akkadians through Assyrians and Phoenicians to Greeks and then Romans.

The Ottomans.

Name one significant thing ancient Rome contributed to the world.

You delusional fucking idiots.

>Rome gave us our (European) culture

Dear God what the fuck are you even talking about

The question is for the modern world. No empire has effected modern politics and economics like the British.

this

Concrete

>Roman religion (Christianity)
>Roman law
>Latin alphabet
>Latin was the official language in most of Europe until 18th/19th century
>shitload of Latin loanwords in every European language
Are you pretending otherwise?

No mention of Teh Jews yet?
Amateurs!
It's a sneaky empire, like all the good ones are.
JEW IS ETERNAL!

That's Greek.

He probably thinks that culture = music and tv series.

>>Roman religion (Christianity)

Oh I thought you were serious for a moment.

I am Greek

What's with all these retardedly delusional 12 year old romeboos on this board, did you all watch Gladiator last weekend?

best book about British empire?

This

Maybe the Portuguese because without slaves from Africa the western world wouldn't have been built.

This boards always been romeaboos you fucking faggot

Black pussy stinks like wet dog.

Hitler's

Give us deets on these guys plz user

Good answer.

So they are white in the inside?

They dutch for economics, french for government.

This

fpbp

Roman Empire created civilisation as we know it, British Empire globalised it.

t. jacques

Roman
this isn't debatable

Impact increases exponentially with proximity to present, so American empire

This, unironically. The conflict in Indochina was pivotal in both decolonization and the Cold War, and Algeria gave rise to Islamic nationalism.

This

The first one, the second one and so on, the question is irrellevant.

french one
they gave law to shitloads of countries

britbongs on suicide watch

I really, really like those hips and breasts

>French Empire
They had an empire?

Fourth post best post

Yeah, real empires own tracts of west African wasteland.

>wasteland
Nigel please.

Republic, senate

Serious question: are you american?

British, but I don't sew what you're asking

oui, je suis americain

On the modern world?
the British
Overall, I'd argue the Arab caliphates simply because Islam wouldn't be so widespread and influential if they didn't expand through conquest and trade.

Do you really have to ask?

The question was modern world though. If we're going to go on who gave us the things that gave us things, this thread should be posts of rule34 quarks

This

Serbia

this

>England was created by France
this is bait

>Algeria gave rise to Islamic nationalism
Lol no it appeared with the iranian revolution

>ctrl+f
>no Spanish
>1 Portuguese

Shouldn't it be one of these two? I personally like the British, French, and Dutch Empires way more, but it seems like these were the ones who started it. Portuguese created the European slave trade (inb4 Arab slave trade) and I'm sure Spanish expansionism motivated the English and Dutch to get their shit together.

I would personally say England was more important than France. The British Empire itself was huge and civilized many different parts of the world, like India, and basically built the system of free trade capitalism that would later be used by another power, the Americans, who are the closest we've gotten to a unipolar world since the Roman Empire and are objectively a creation of the British Empire.

Why would the French Empire outrank this? I'm not questioning the view, I admittedly don't know that much about the french and am curious.

this

Persia through Zoroastrianism which inspired the Abrahamic faiths

>Some fr*nch autist actually took the time to make this

Christianity is a Greco-Roman religion using Jewish characters.

HOLY
ROMAN
EMPIRE

Trajan's conquests did a good job of destabilizing Rome.

Hadrian withdrawing from those conquests did that.

It's a tie between the Finns and the H*ns

French are pompous idiots. Your greatest claim to fame, the French Revolution, was an absolute failure that birthed one of the worst regimes in European history AND is completely BTFO by the earlier success of the American revolution.

>Your
I guarantee that he's probably just a British troll trying to bait everyone

What language are we speaking right now?