Do you know anyone that served in World War One?

I just got done going over to my grandma's house and we brought up family history and she mentioned that her father served in World War One in France in 1918. She mentioned he was an excellent shot and a he was gassed during the war. Not much is known else though about his time in the army during the war. It sounds clichéd kind of but that's the best description of him she gave to me.

great great whatever was a captain in the cavalary got mustard gas and fought at flanders.

Which country did he serve under?

Great great grandfather got dragged of by the Gendermerie into AH service.
He died later because he was impaled by two train wagons.

my grandparents died in the holocaust

he was scottish

My great great grandfather was killed in a blue on blue situation where he was kicked by a horse.

II don't know, but they were genocided

Great grandfather served in the Austro-Hungarian army in Galicia, got captured by the Russians.

Great-Grandfather was a runner in WW1 for Scotland

great grandfather was a german jew who fought for the kaiser on the western front I think. i think he got shrapnel in his leg so he had a slight limp and i think he'd get bouts of pain in the area for the rest of his life. he was a cattle dealer and so he fled to the US (he had rich cousins or brothers there to vouch for him despite he himself being pretty poor) after the nazis started persecuting jewish cattle dealers in 1938.

subtle
Last Cavalry charge of the American armed forces before cavalry was gone forever from American warfare.

odds are each one of has descended from veterans

I don't know for sure. Also nothing related to WWI but I'm the OP that asked this question but, my grandma as also in the Marines during the Korean War.

*typo* goddamn it
My Grandpa served in the Marines during the Korean War

I knew a guy who was in WW1, but he died in the 1970's. He was a hard character.

what holocaust LMAO niggers are criminals

Good.

All of my male ancestors fought in the war.
t. Serb

I had a great uncle that was in WW1 but he died when I was young, he had a fake glass eye as he lost his in the war. I don't actually know what he did.

>Most of my male ancestors fought in the war and returned safe and sound
feels good man

Both my great grandfathers died in ww2 died fighting commies protecting the croatian homeland

Not a veteran but my grandfather's uncle was a spy in the 70-80s for Solidarnosc and the west. He dissapeared in 86 and was never found

Just found out my great grandfather, a war hero, isn't really biologically related to me. My great grandmother was impregnated by another man while he was at war.

Great Uncle immigrated from Sweden bc war was inevitable but lol got drafted by "Neutral America" served in the AEF got shellshock and syphilis from a blood transfusion (probably) and his wife cheated on him while he was over there. Didn't walk for the rest of his life and died in the 30's or something.