Without appealing to intrinsic morality, tell me why killing another human being is considered "wrong."

Without appealing to intrinsic morality, tell me why killing another human being is considered "wrong."

Define "wrong".

An outcome that is not desirable.

Define "human being".

They might catch you and kill you too.

If you kill someone, you are inviting violence on yourself. Not only is this bad for you, but wanton murder breaks down the bonds between even the simplest societies.

without appealing to what makes murder wrong, prove murder is wrong... can't do it? thought so

That's a retarded definition because it depends on the point of view.

It's "considered" wrong BECAUSE of intrinsic morality.

Humans are animals that live in groups and having a protective instinct towards their own helps the group survive. That is why they consider killing people wrong - throughout all cultures.

If it's okay for you to do it to someone, it's okay for someone to do it to you. As a whole, people generally take the safety from being murdered over the ability to murder, and hence we have a law, where all dissidents are punished for not going along.

Because you broke the NAP.

/thread

>If it's okay for you to do it to someone, it's okay for someone to do it to you.

[Citation Needed]

If that was the case, class and caste systems would have never developed.

Intrinsic morality.

>
> That is why they consider killing people wrong - throughout all cultures.

Allah ackbar

People tend to do what they can get away with

It's not wrong

here's why
*teleports behind you*

Its not wrong, and thats why man developed objective morals.

I don't know if I would call that "intrinsic morality". That is more along the lines of instinctual evolutionary behavior. Also depends on the type of human being. Historically, black tribes have never had any interest in keeping the white tribes alive (they just wanted to kill them usually for some bizarre reason. probably genetics) so your theory does not apply to every race

It is "intrinsic morality" because that's what most morality is based on. We consider "moral" what "feels" right to us, and whatever feels right is determined mostly by our brains.

>Historically, black tribes have never had any interest in keeping the white tribes alive
I have no idea what period of history you're talking about here, but a 'tribe' only functions if the individuals within that tribe don't randomly kill each other.

>brains
By that I meant: the subconscious parts of our brains. "feeling" that something is wrong is not a rational decision after all.

Muslim religion is based on Abrahamic tradition and that clearly states that killing is wrong. Even in more violent cultures, killing people is the exception: it is only okay under specific circumstances (e.g. for political reasons, 'infidels', etc.) - it is not the norm.