What does Veeky Forums think of the Esperanto movement?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Esperanto movement?

English is actually a pretty good world language desu

>no set, prescribed pronunciations, making it easy to add in loanwords
>phonetic alphabet >>>>>> all
>no tonality
>is easy to understand even with none of the grammar eg "you buy soda now"

I tried learning some a few years ago (it was featured in Saga) but other than that I don't know of anyone who uses it, so I see it as kind of pointless. English seems to be becoming more universal.

Esperanto estas la plej malbona lingvo iam faris, ne estas punkto en lerni ĝin escepte sentante malvarmeta pri havi alian lingvon en via laboro vivresumo.

Idk English has lots of bullshit like double standards on certain pronunciations, useless consonants, and arbitrary unwritten rules.

Try learning another germanic language so you can experience the bullshit people trying to learn English have to trudge through.

Literally a meme.

Too Latin

>Esperanto neniam estos la universala lingvo
Sentas malbona

Nobody will learn a language that is completely useless. Languages spread, because they have utility, and that utility is the result of real world effects. You can't do it backwards inventing some autistic bullshit and expect people to learn it because it will be useful once everyone speaks it. Nobody will do that, and that's the 100% correct decision.

Stupid. I like fake languages, as a hobby, but as a movement?

Yes, English orthography is relatively difficult. A difficult orthography is less of a hurdle than difficult grammar or pronunciation, though.

Esperanto is fun, but obviously it's never going to catch on, and it fails at being culturally/linguistically neutral (even for Europeans) which was its creator's main objective, so ultimately it's a failure as an auxlang.

The bullshit pronunciations are what make it so versatile though.

Imagine trying to add words like schadenfreude to Chinese or Latin.

skoodenfroodie

Tell that to Israel

The difference here being that Hebrew was an already existing language used by jews, not some made up crap for dweebs to wank over.

>not some made up crap for dweebs to wank over.
It might as well have been, it hadn't seen regular use for literally thousands of years

English is going to be the global language and there is nothing that you can do about it. Anglos didn't dominate the world for centuries just so we could learn other languages.

This is a common complaint about English, but the number of words this """problem""" affects is miniscule, for the most part English has very strict and standardized pronunciation rules.

幸灾乐祸

>going to be

Protip: It already is. Guess what language Chinks and Poo-in-Loos choose to learn. Hint: It ain't Esperanto.

Ah shit I made a mistake, I wrote 'malvarmeta' as in opposite of warm, when I was supposed to write 'mojosa', literal cool

Yes

It's not even a particularly good constructed language. It's extremely euro-focused, basically solely derived from indo-european, with the creator also having a bent towards Slavic languages (he was a native speaker of some polish dialect) and carries over a lot of superfluous bullshit from that.

It is in theory still better than English in terms of how quickly it can be learned but obviously natural languages have an enormous unfair advantage. One I don't think esperanto is good enough to overcome. There are more intuitive constructed languages but most loyal esperantists refuse to adopt them due to esperanto's momentum. I guess the irony has not struck these folks yet.

everyone should be forced to learn lojban

I will create an army of drones that emit radiation that stimulates pain receptors and use them to take over the world, I will then force all the normies to do this

I'd just take all of the people who use the phrase "living document" to refer to the constitution and have the painbots do nothing but torture these people endlessly.

I often joke to my wife that we need to learn it so we can switch to private mode like our Mexican and Arab neighbors do. Let that sink in.

This

Esperanto is like DVORAK keyboards