Tfw spain destroyed Mesoamerican civilization

>tfw spain destroyed Mesoamerican civilization

They were nothing more than savages, Spain gave them civilization.

That Spaniard looks very Chilean.
read about tenochtitlan, my dude.

many of the tribes still exist and are still speaking Nahuatl

which is why the Jesuits stole the remains of their writings that weren't destroyed and hid them away in secret Vatican archives right

the Aztecs has knowledge of hydrodynamics and stress-based engineering pre-Newton

He is literally an Iberian

I've read about the Central American Mayans that half of my ancestry comes from, I think it was for the best that they got taken out to be honest

There was some evil shit going down there to be sure but the Spaniards REALLY didn't do too much of a better job in replacing it.

Tell me more

>mfw papists became a majority syncretic pagan cult when they got absorbed by latin america
>mfw La Iglesia is the biggest organization of witches and warlocks in the world
>mfw papists have no idea the eschatological metaphysical clusterfuck that's emerging from latin america
>mfw the majority of north american catholics worship a giant vagina
>mfw Ometeotl is rising

True, the Spaniards brought civilization as a means to control while the plundered the new world instead of really developing it.

My great grandpa was a full blooded Pipil Native, of course in their old country of El Salvador they've become something of the nations punching bag for anyone who was a Mestizo/Castizo or an actual Hispanic but when the Spaniards came around, they had broken off from the main group in Mexico and become more obsessed with death and decadent.

Naturally when the Spaniards saw this they were either spooked into murderous religious fervor or saw the perfect excuse to purge some Natives and take their shit. The Pipil and all the tribes around there got rekt especially through disease and have been 2nd class citizens ever since. I heard they put up a hell of a fight though

>which is why the Jesuits stole the remains of their writings that weren't destroyed and hid them away in secret Vatican archives right
This is probably true though

Nah, the Azteks did.

Mayans were Mesoamerican civilisation, Azteks were violent baboons picking through the wreckage

Wait, Maya is not the same as Pipil though. Pipils were nahuas who split from Mexican nahuas through 3 different migrations between the 9th century and 14th century. The Maya were actually the original inhabitants where the Pipil settled in El Salvador. They also settled in Guatemala, Nicaragua and possibly as far as Panama.

samefag

Stop posting your ugly face you retarded larper.

I've maintained for a long time that the Catholic Church is really just several different (and some quite incompatible) religions under one umbrella. If Protestants are far too quick to spread disunity, Rome is far too eager to put forth a false image of unity.

It's not inconsistent when, say, Hinduism is full of incredibly diverse and seemingly incompatible sects. Hindu epistemology and cosmology support this. Christian epistemology and cosmology, however, do not.

Hmm I wasn't aware of this, so the Pipils and Lencas that the Spaniards encountered a mix of the Nahuas and Mayas? Could this mixing also explain their rather violent and death obsessed culture?

>mfw about to BTFO by Veeky Forums again

Worshipping a Jew won't give rise to Ometeotl though

Lencas aren't Mayas or Nahuas, they're some irrelevant natives like those of other Central American countries. Civilization was brought to Central America by MEXICAN Mayans and Nahuas.

La Virgen es mestiza, guey

>Christian epistemology and cosmology

the roman catholic church was an active entity now turned passive, la iglesia in America is a passive entity turned active

Maybe thats why no one likes the Lenca in El Salvador or anywhere else, genetically speaking how to they differ from the Nahuas and Mayas

You're implying that the Spaniards had an obligation to develop someone else's lands. If they wanted to do that, they could of stayed at home.

Some of the earliest nahuas who entered El Salvador came around the collapse of the Maya civilization of the 9th century (though they didn't cause it) more likely they settled in as major Maya centers were depopulated and scattered. There is a city in the west, Cihuatan that was a contemporary to the Toltecs around the 10th century which included Toltec deities like Tlaloc, Xipe Totec, the merchant deity Yacatecuhtli, however he seems like a hybrid of the Maya Ek Chuah merchant deity. Anyway this city was pretty large, probably the largest in El Salvador at the time and the inhabitants were probably Maya and Nahuas living together. When the Toltec civilization collapsed in Mexico some refugees came in waves to El Salvador. Some possibly coming from the Gulf coast of Mexico as the Nahuatl there is surprising similar to Nawat, the language of the Pipils.

Cihuatan was invaded or by internal rebellion, but signs point to an invasion which destroyed the city by the 1100-1200's. Who were these invaders is a mystery maybe Lencas, other Pipils like the Nonoalcos. Around the 1300's a new wave of migrants came, much more militant, these may have been Chichimeca or Aztec offshoots. These expanded rapidly, the strongest of which were from Cuxcatan (Cuscatlan in Nahuatl). These and the Izalcos and Acajutla kingdoms were the ones the Spaniards would face. By the time of the Spanish invasions the Maya were mostly only in the northwest of the country, the two ethnic groups were Chorti and Pokomam, East of the river Lempa you had the Lencas (there were seven groups I believe but only 3 in El Salvador). You also had pockets of other native groups in El Salvador like the Kakawira in Morazan who still maintian their traditions strongly. The Chorotega near the Gulf of Fonseca and the Xinca on the border region between Guatemala and El Salvador.

Not much is known of the Lencas but they are mentioned in the Popol Vuh as one of the original 13 peoples. I think they were called Balam Colop by the K'iches. Their culture is similar to the Mayas only they used ramps instead of stairs on their pyramids. They also associated water and jaguars with the dead.

Of all of the American civilizations Veeky Forums who would you say was the most civillized and powerful?

>powerful
Incas
>civilized
Maya

>Around the 1300's a new wave of migrants came, much more militant, these may have been Chichimeca or Aztec offshoots.

So these were the people that the Spaniards first made contact with in the area? Were they the ones that spooked the Spaniards?

Why this saint look like a vagina in the thumbnail?

Both were civilized
Maya were more advanced. They literally had a better writing system.

Yes in a sense. The Spaniards fought them though with the help of the Tlaxcaltecs who noted their language was similar to Nahuatl but thought it was childish sounding so they called them Pipil which means child or princes. They're also the ones who maimed Pedro de Alvarado and used rapid fire stone throwers as siege weapons.

Did the Spaniards ever take any of these civilizations by themselves or did they always have an army of native backing them up? I'd also figure that a people as violent as the ones in Central America must've racked up a list enemies after a while

>tfw no rabbit scribe

That's not a Saint, you fucking heretic, it's Mary

They had a writing system. Fucking knots are not writing, even if they convey messages

Some of their initial engagements were just them. Like when Cortes first landed in Mexico. But throughout most of the conquest of Mesoamerica they had a shit ton of indian auxillaries. A funny occurance was when the Spaniards sent 50 or so Aztec and Purepecha warriors to penetrate Chichimec territory up north and they were scared off by two or four Chichimecs which pissed off the Spaniards. But they themselves feared them since they went very heavily armored into their lands.

Incas were only a civilization for 100 years.

Proto-writing? I don't know how to call it.

Chinese and egyptians are the greatest civilizations then.

No, proto writing involves WRITING. Knots are not writing, they are knots

If it's already wrinting why call it proto?

Because the actual writing predates the systematic meaning of the language

Interesting, I've always wondered just what kind of people the Conquistadors were, were they soldiers? Volunteers from all walks of life in Spain? Were they Aristocrats or the dredges of society sent on a suicide mission?

The spaniards are the real savages.

The natives were just minding their own business until dirty euro apes came over and brought all their disease and filth.

Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah, it's not an excellent phrase

>Volunteers from all walks of life in Spain
Pretty much this, They ranged from war veterans, outlaws, feudal lords, shopkeepers. It was more like a gang of guys who collected what they could to get an expedition. It's why some had practically no armor, while some were armed. Sometimes Germans and Italians joined them too.

>the conquistadors did not necessarily see themselves as Spanish but rather identified as Andalusians, Castilians, Aragonese, Basque, Portuguese, Galician, and even Genoese, Flemish, Greek and Pardo (half-black). Nor were they acting under the command of the Holy Roman Emperor who was also the king of the Spanish realms. And they were not soldiers in a formal military sense of the word but rather a group of feudal lords with their respective footmen, servants, pages and mercenaries.