Are all the great discoveries in Archeology gone Veeky Forums?

Are all the great discoveries in Archeology gone Veeky Forums?
>tfw you will never excavate the tombs of the Egyptian Kings with Howard Carter
What are some unfound major discoveries/tombs? Will we ever find them?
All these stories fascinate me and i wish i couldve been apart of them
>I dont know if i can handle this feel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eeJ_PaoJQZE
sciencemag.org/news/2015/06/mystery-solved-8500-year-old-kennewick-man-native-american-after-all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alexander. We will find him

Also, they really need to dig up the Emperor Qin Shi Huang already. Shit is probably way cash.

Attila's tomb seems to be the most obvious one. Probably located somewhere in Slovakia, Hungary or Austria.

Isnt there too much mercury there?

Yes, but hazmat suits can protect you against that.

There are probably ruins underneath the ruins that we already study.

there's vast swathes of land that hasn't been excavated

The burial site of Genghis Khan is still out there somewhere.

What was once the coastline during the ice age is now miles out to sea. Even in prehistoric times, people probably favored coastal areas. Undoubtedly, many prehistoric artifacts and dwellings are underwater (though it's hard to imagine what kind of artifact or dwelling would still be in a recoverable state and how much sediment it's under).

We still need to get a lock on who the fuck the Sea People were.

There's some tantalizing stuff lying under the jammed, modern cities of Japan, but excavation and study are obviously challenging.

The Lost Legion and everything else deep beneath the Sahara that we'll never, ever see.

There's still a shit ton to discover in the Amazon and Mesoamerica.

>lost legion

Stupid me, I meant the army of Chambyses

>Are all the great discoveries in Archeology gone Veeky Forums?

Most of the world is oblivious to the greatest discovery in archeology which came from Egypt.

youtube.com/watch?v=eeJ_PaoJQZE

Didn't they find that a few years ago

Last time they opened a tomb all the ancient intricate paint flaked away like dust when it came in contact with the outside air. They're probably trying to find a way to preserve what's inside and still open it.

I bet there's a lot of shit in China that the government knows about but won't let the rest of the world examine/unearth

Aren't there Chinese pyramids that China won't let anyone go near?

There's still ancient ayyliums to be found in Antarctica.

Can you excavate stuff on the sea floor? Does that count as Archeology?

If so, Sea Archaeology would give you plenty to work with.

Why can't we drill a tiny hole and send in a camera? Very easy to make such a thing air tight.

Haha the ocean is basically a massive slow moving mixer, beyond sediment samples you won't find much.

not really
this week there was some finding of a footplate made of gold in a place where we thought bronze age civilization havent spread

and a sort of mass grave that was used throughout the ages, kind of unexplainable why would that happen

wrong
italians are doing it, its massively expensive

Australia in general has tons of stuff it's just not 'pc' because it pisses the abos off. Indians in America try to pull the same shit demanding repatriation and burial of 10,000 year old skeletons that have no genetic connection to the modern inhabitants of those areas but Americans are better about ignoring them.

Why do you suggest those locations?The sea people were ancient anglos isn't it obvious?

Please site a source instead of just making a one word statement. At least present a vague argument.

Interested in aboriginal shit, tell me more fine sage

first you are saying the ocean, the med sea and some others aswell are not an "ocean" and were not under water forever, nobody wants to excavate at the bottom of the mariana trench

there are bays and riverbeds which could be worked on, the italians have a course for archeologists for sure, that specializes for underwater circumstances, so your post was wrong

>Indians in America try to pull the same shit demanding repatriation and burial of 10,000 year old skeletons that have no genetic connection to the modern inhabitants of those areas but Americans are better about ignoring them.

SEE THIS

sciencemag.org/news/2015/06/mystery-solved-8500-year-old-kennewick-man-native-american-after-all

It's not just about putting on a hazmat suit and going in, I don't remember where I heard it but basically thanks to being sealed underground for so long the moment the tomb is opened all the mercury could instantly vaporize and turn into a giant toxic mercury cloud and blow off somewhere to poison shit.

The obvious solution would be to install an air lock door. The required technology is used all over the world and would probably cost like 5000$ on alibaba, including breathers for the archeologists.

Mercury isn't actually dangerous unless it comes into your body through a wound, or your swallow it or breathe it in. Mercury virtually doesn't evaporate at room temperature either. That's why people could sleep on mercury beds and take mercury in their mouth and play around with mercury without dying to death in droves. The main cause of exposure used to be gold extraction, because you intentionally boil away the mercury there if you use that method.

I'm imagining this is the likely example. We found Phillip of Fucking Macedon a few decades only ago.