Under which ruler's reign, his country changed the most?

Under which ruler's reign, his country changed the most?

Stalin prolly

Victoria.

ADOLF HITLER, GERMANY.

>found his country a ruin
>left his country a ruin

Fuck off, moron.

Unironically this

This

Chiang kai-shek, Stalin or Syngman Rhee

Stalin or Lee Kuan Yew

Singapore doesn't count

why

Genghis Khan, went from a """country""" to one of, if not the most powerful empire on earth at the time.

Queen Elizabeth II.

Unironicall Elisabeth II
>precided over decolonialism, breakup of the empire and economic struggles as a result, joining the EU, the Falklands war, the technology/computer age, all recent wars in the middle east, leaving the EU, came into power a month after Stalin, and has lived to see modern leaders such as Trump come into office, saw entire cold war play out, Britains longest reigning monarch, etc etc

Yugoslavia under Tito. It became civilized

Bismarck did way more for Germany than Hitler my little one.

John was pretty instrumental in the formation of an English identity and the direction the next few centuries would take.

Meiji Emperor
Lycurgus
Stalin

First emperor of the Qin. Destroyed "false" histories to make A powerful centrialized Chinese state. That dies shortly after to hippie han cucks.

>in the beginning of his rule germany is a corpse ravaged by war
>in the end of his rule germany is a corpse ravaged by war

What changed?

Alexander the Great deserves a mention. Literally transformed the country from "Balkan Hegemon" to "Eurasian and Egyptian Hegemon".

Alexander and Frederick are a case of the son inheriting the father's great army, great strategy, all the infrastructure is there, basically they just needed to push the dominoes forward.
I know they did plenty, and were great generals and charismatic leaders, but I can't help but think they just got the prestige for their father's work.

Yeah, I'm not trying to downplay Philip II by any means. Philip was just assassinated before he could launch his war into Asia, and probably would have had similar success as his son did in our timeline.

Both Alexander and Frederick freely acknowledged the debt they had to their fathers for their accomplishments.

/thread

>found his country large and powerful
>left it small and devastated

Fun fact: Turkey under Kemal was the only country at the time with 0% (zero percent) literacy, when he changed the alphabet without preparation.
For a while, there were NO persons in the country who could write as they were trying to figure out how to spell things.

I'm going to go with Pol Pot, because you get a pretty big change when you kill everyone with glasses

Yeah, but the Arabic script is terrible for a language like Turkish. If your language only has three vowels (like Arabic), not showing the vowels is fine. If you have a large vowel inventory (like Turkish), you need to express them somehow.

The problem was the printing press. I can't exaggerate how much arabic script kept the Ottomans back, by preventing them from having plentiful, cheap books.
Each book had to be hand written and animated with gold and inks, so very few people read, and they overall declined.

You realize that Turkeys borders havnt changed since when Ataturk was made president, right? It was just as large, and much much better in every single way when he died. Eat shit Erdoroach

He was practically in power earlier, when he was part of the military clique that ruled while the emperor was kept prisoner in his palace.

Oh, you mean 1920? At last I truly see how massive Turkey was before Ataturk took the reigns.

I mean during the war, and you know that.

No, I didn't, and even now, I doubt that you know what you're talking about. Maybe you're referring the three pashas, something completely unrelated to Ataturk?