Tell me and about the undefeatable black samurai, Yasuke

Tell me and about the undefeatable black samurai, Yasuke.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pet nigger they brought with them to parade around as exotic animals in fancy armor.

thats about it. the japanese are bigger racists than any euro or yank could ever be. trust me.

They actually adored yasuke since they believed that buddha also had black skin (as in pitch black)

Basically this, Nobunaga was intrigued by his black skin and used him as an accessory

>Hey look what I've got! Yasuke, show them your face

He was more of a circus show than anything, a way for Nobunaga to impress, and it's a very ancient tradition in East Asia. The Chinese did the same with Iranians or other exotic foreigners, hiring them for they looks and rub they power and money in others. China still does it with caucasians, specially blondies.

Of course they adored him. as an exotic pet to parade around.
I didnt say he was mistreated or anything. But thats exactly what he was to them.

>China still does it with caucasians,

Exotic pet monkeys? Sounds demeaning desu.

>China still does it with caucasians, specially blondies

This, I saw a documentary where whiteys were hired by Chinese property developers to walk around houses during showings and pretend they're interested in buying. It's a status symbol to own property where all the white people live.

Same in Hong Kong. The highest prices are around the areas where the British white colonials used to live. Partly because they built great fucking houses but also because it's a show of status to be able to live there.

>they believed that buddha also had black skin
First time I heard that and doesn't make sense. If be buddha you mean Sidharta, he was a noble from North India/near nepal from the Shakya clan, so he looked nepales or like a punjabi.

>they believed that buddha also had black skin (as in pitch black)
Source? I've been studying Japanese Buddhism for years and have never heard anything like this. I know that the ancient Greeks thought Buddha was a white dude, and there are statues of him with caucasian features, but I've never heard of a pitch-black Buddha before.

You get paid to look blond, you don't have to be even mildly attractive, so it's a good way for neets to get neet bucks, than don't have self worth anyway.
Europe did something related with for example the Khoisan, human zoos.

No, dumbass serfs revered him because ebony skin was asccociated with Budhism, not because they literally thought Buddha was black

>Fujita, Midori (2005). アフリカ「発見」日本におけるアフリカ像の変遷 [Discover Africa―History of African image in Japan (World History series)] (in Japanese) is what the Wikipedia page quotes.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

>Akechi said that the black man was a beast and did not know anything.
>they were even admired, for the Buddha was often portrayed in black in Japanese temples.

Seems the one than did the article has an agenda for the way he spinds the words too. After the part of Akechi for example. Probably a black weebo.

>You get paid to look blond, you don't have to be even mildly attractive,
It's the same concept about Yasuke lmao.

He stood around 6'2" and was physically formidable, so it's understandable what his position in Nobunaga's retinue was, in addition to enhancing his master's prestige as an "exotic warrior".

>" Black people were not discriminated against in Japan at this time; they were even admired, for the Buddha was often portrayed in black in Japanese temples."
>[Discover Africa―History of African image in Japan (World History series)]
We been dharma and sheit.

No but seriously, the article you posted is not suggesting that the Japanese believed the Buddha had black skin, just that he was often portrayed by artists in Japan using dark materials, which is true.

>undefeatable
After Nobunaga death he return to European quarter and run of out of Japan with his white masters, so yes, he was undefeated

I don't think it was so much a demeaning thing as Nobunaga liking strange things and just generally being a fucking weirdo

Where do I sign up for my neetbucks?

he was a big guy

If he really was Nobunaga's retainer he probably died at Honnouji, so I wouldn't say he was "undefeated."

Supposedly he lived because Akechi was shit scared of killing Jesuits and pissing the Portuguese off

You don´t let pets fight in battles.

>undefeatable
>surrendered to his master's traitor and was spared and handed over to the jesuits
No.
This is bullshit. He was very close to Nobunaga, and as exotic as he may have seemed, the Oda and their allies liked him a lot. He was a retainer of Nobunaga for fuck's sake. You don't make someone a samurai for shits and giggles. Don't conflate japanese xenophobia with racial discrimination. They were more likely to spit in the face of a "Korean dog" than think badly of a black guy because of his skin.

He was at Honnouji during the betrayal and survived, but it didn't end there. He fought with the Oda for a while after that before surrendering to Mitsuhide.

This. Plus he was also physically imposing. According to Kazumasu Takigawa, Yasuke was about 6'2", which is pretty fucking tall for the time.

for you

WE

The meme doesn't work when he actually wuz

He should Seppuku himself if he's a real Samurai

>Buying into Tokugawa bushido propaganda

There were reports of a black ashigaru gunner being seen a bit after Honnouji. Maybe he lived.

>You don´t let pets fight in battles.
user, I...

Reminder that was literally created to eliminate political rivals by forcing them to kill themselves.

There is a clear difference between pets and fighting animals like cocks or dogs.

Is the Tokugawa Shogunate responsible for muh samurai ninjutsu shounen animes and historical dramas?

Yes, any film piece where pre-Tokugawa Samurai aren't massive egotists is propaganda, the Samurai class during the Sengoku was incredibly mobile and nobility didn't apply

Molossian war dogs?
Elephants?
Fuckin cavalry? Alexander and his greatest friend bucephalus, a warhorse he rode into battle with and loved so much he named a town after it?

Fuck off lad