Could Czechoslovakia in 1938 take on Nazi Germany?

Could Czechoslovakia in 1938 take on Nazi Germany?
Would the country be worth preserving and is it possible to keep all the ethnicities under one banner?

Alone ? No, but if France grew some balls and told the UK to go fuck itself, they might have a chance together, a big chance actually... The Sudetenland were heavily fortified and Czechoslovakia was ready for war.

That was never the plan, Czechoslovakia was never an independent country, it was a complete Anglo puppet and Benes was an agent of London. Once London decided they're not fighting Hitler, Benes refused to enter a war as well and ran off to London.

>Czechoslovakia was ready for war
this, they just didn't stand a chance alone in invasion of Germany

Didn't France advise them to issue mobilization too ?

The German army in 1938 wasn't as efficient as the 1939 wehrmacht, the czechs had HEAVILY defended their mountains, think maginot line, and they had a surprisingly large amount of troops... It would have been a hard and bloody conflict for the germans

dont forget the pilots, i dont know how their air force looked like in 1938 but the Czechs and Poles were some of the best pilots in the RAF despite flying obsolute planes

But their airforce was probably much smaller and outdated, no matter the quality of their pilots, it's the ability to replace damaged planes and pilots that makes you win the war in the air

>Munich negotiations break down, Germany declares war on Czechoslovakia
>Czechs hold down in the mountainous Sudeten for months
>France declares war on Germany, sensing weakness
>Hitler overthrown in a coup just before French reach the Rhine
>Germany forced to pay reparations to Czechoslovakia and France but otherwise keeps 1937 borders+Austria
>military junta slowly transitions back to democracy
>no Holocaust
>no Cold War
>/comfy/ interwar borders remain intact

Why can't we live in this universe?

>no Holocaust
We already live in that timeline, user.

Get out /pol/

Better timeline

>Treaty of Versailles actually enforced
>somebody notices that the Wehrmacht has 100,001 men instead of 100,000
>massive Anglo-Franco-Polish armored force invades and deposes Bruning
>Morganthau plan put into effect

It would be less one sided than invasion of France, but..
>Incomparable manpower of Axis (It wasn't just Germany, but Hungary too and possibly even Poland)
>Wide front and almost non-existent strategic depth would allow axis to exploit it's superiour numbers to full effect
>Terror attacks and insurgency would tie up another large amount of security personel and so would Czech retaliation against the terrorists

Winter war looks like a tutorial compared to this situation.

>Germany keeps Austria
I highly doubt that France and Czechoslovakia would allow Germany to keep Austria simply because pan-Germanism is what started that whole mess.

I've read somewhere that the Soviet Union wanted to help Czechoslovakia, but Poles refused to let Red Army pass through their territory.

How true is that?

Yeah, Sudeten Germans would start to fuck shit up

It's true. Poles didn't trust the Soviets.

Why didn't they catapult their soldiers across Poland to Czechoslovakia ? Sounds like a very soviet thing to do

Last time Spain accepted to do that, they got buttfucked by Napoleon

Without a doubt, but Hungary and Poland joining the war would be needed 100% to get Soviet help, there were even plans how to provoke war with those two countries. Czechoslovak army knew about all the German plans of attack, German army wasnt prepared for war, German political situation was horrible. Luftwaffe was the only superiority of Germans.

user are you saying i didnt do my best to try to eradicate those disgusting scemeing jews from europa? im offended

Actually, on paper Finland looks much easier to conquer than Czechoslovakia, since it's mostly flat. It doesn't have the rugged terrain Czechoslovakia had.

Well, the Soviet passed through Polish territory in 1944 and 1945. They left 50 years later.

Tbqh this absolutelly

As far as i know Czchoslovakia was often called Soviet airport in Europe. Suppose that they had a cooperation at some level with Soviets

Yes, we had licensed Tupolevs SB, also Voroshilov offered us 850 airplanes in the case of war in 1938, we had prepared airfields for them.

Damn, that's a lot of planes

Width of front is critical in these assymetrical cases.

>rugged terrain
Guess who was invited in medieval to settle the shitty land?

And btw isn't Finland heavily forested and full of lakes?

As a Serb it makes me pissed as fuck that Little Entente didn work. According to some sources i read around 200000 young people here volunteered to storm through Hungary and join Czechoslovakian forces against Hitler.

Blame it on Britain

>no mass immigration and the extinction of the white race through replacement and social engineering
>no millions of white people dead

God damn it i hate Hitler

Tbh i cant blaim them. They looked only to save their asses and they did it.

They would have suffered much less ( So would have the world generally speaking ) if they grew some balls and hoped on board with the French. The war would've been over in a matter of months.

The Poles didn't like the Czechs either, due to some arguments over clay. Which is a pity, Czechoslovakia and Poland were two of the post-Versailles nations to have their shit together in some shape or form.

Radola Gajda, Czech fascist and former Czechoslovak legion commander was highly respected among the people in Yugoslavia and White movement people that lived there. He even prepared his party paramilitary units for partisan warfare against Germans.
Pic related, Gajda on SIberia with Serbs in Czechoslovak legion.

Cant and wont argue with that, but Anglo wouldnt be Anglo if he had some balls.

History must remember Chamberlain and Daladier the same as we remember Hitler and Stalin.

You will always be our normal and educated brothers. The influence that you had on the Yugoslavian idea alone is pretty amazing. Not to mention that Benes used Serbian passport during negotiation and had full support from kngdom of erbia and latter Yugoslavia.

To be honest, I think the French would have joined the shitstorm eagerly if they knew they were backed by the RAF and Royal Navy, their conscription was EXTREMELY efficient in 1939-40.
Even when Chamberlain got out of Munich confident it was "Peace for their time", thr French ambassador was calling him a fool in the plane back to France

Daladier at least knew what will happen. Chamberlaine was a fool, even his brother said never to let Neville near foreign policy.

Did the UK ever have competent rulers ?

Problem is, the Czechoslovakian pre-war planning focused on defending against Germany, so their built their fortifications on their northern border.

Then the Anschluss happened, and the Czech southern border with Austria wasn't fortified. The Czech position became impossible to hold after that.

This is a meme, Austrian border was exactly the opposite, we had 3 to 1 numerical superiority here, there were light fortifications and we had even plans how to liberate Vienna and cutt-off huge part of German forces to force them to get interned in Yugoslavia.

Attlee was okay

>actually supporting Benes

>we had 3 to 1 numerical superiority here
>and we had even plans how to liberate Vienna

Oh wow, which division did you serve in?
Were you a partisan during the war or a POW?
Did you defect to Britain?

It was Masaryk fuck me i am retarded

Get the fuck out.
t. not him

No darling :r)

VERY fake news

Get the fuck out.
t. actualy me

So lemme get this straight

ALTERNATIVE WW2
>germs invade czechs
>hungarians join germ alliance
>the craziest thing happens and poles join germ alliance
>yugos, commies, french, UK pledge support for czechs
>maygars get invaded by yugos
>commies invade poles
>french and UK invade germs
>coup in germany and surrender, war end
>hungary loses territory
>poland ceases existing
>germany gets blamed for everything

Sounds good desu

ABSOLUTELY NOT, NO WAY.
We were relying on the help of France, while able to hold nazi invasion 1 MONTH at max. That's why fighting was pointless after the Munich agreement, nobody would help us. But there is still the "Munich complex" among the Czech nation that we should have fought anyway and now look like cowards.

Yes, but soviet air support would not be sufficient for our defense. We were full red army help, but everything crippled because Poles did not agree with Soviet transportation of their troops through Poland. Basically Poles were afraid that Soviet troops would stay in eastern Poland (half of Belarus, Ukraine) and those parts would be annexed.

*we were negotiating a full red army help

I doubt it, even their allies were deserting them. Even though in Yugoslavia people were outraged and many volunteered to go and fight.
They would no doubt inflict major damage on Germans, but without massive French and British support they wouldn't hold out for long.

As i said, its a meme, second plan was to make Hungary and Poland attack us so Soviet union and little entete could help us.