Why is 'white' a race?

Shouldn't it be 'German race' 'Slavic race' Mediterranean races' 'Celtic race' 'Caucasian race' various light skinned middle-eastern races? etc.

How did all these distinct races get tossed into a pot and came out all the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

take it to int you fag

because they all participated in slavery as well as the holocaust

Those are not races though, Europe is actually EXTREMELY homogenous genetically.

Ethno-linguistic group =/= race

Than what is a race?

>German
>Mediterranean raceS

You seem pretty inconsistent in your own labels so fuck off.

Genetics.

you sound like you highly qualified to explain it obviously

>"How did all these distinct races get tossed into a pot and came out all the same?"
because they all look the same and sound the same

americans

Race is determined by your genes, not by the language you speak. What is so difficult to comprehend about that? Jamaicas aren't Europeans just because they speak an European language.

Not true at all. Sub-Saharan Africans from other sides of the continent are much more genetically different from each other than they are to other "races", yet they all get lumped together as "black" for socio-political reasons. Similarly the populations of Anatolia and Greece are near identical genetically but because one is Christian and the other Muslim the Greeks get to be "white" while the Turks are "middle-eastern". One can also look at Jews. They are genetically similar to whatever population they have historically lived with, Such as the Ashkenazi being Central/Eastern European vs the Mizrahi being Middle-Eastern, yet whether a Jew is "white" or not depends more upon the political beliefs of the one judging them.

Jews are mostly similar to other jews genetically.

it was a way to bring peace to different groups or europeans who traditionally hate each other, so white vs black "look at these blacks, youre all better than them, so work together". For some reason rather than let this mentality die with slavery, both liberals and conservatives left and right keep it alive as it suits their purposes

Debatable. Jewish populations do share genetic similarities through their common origins, that is true without doubt. But you also find very apparent differences between the different Jewish populations caused by intermixing with the local populations.

>Debatable.

It's not debatable. At least for the two largest parts of the diaspora - the western and eastern diaspora.
I'm not including the Ethiopian Jews or the Indian Jews.

Variable degrees of admixture with host populations. But they are more similar to one another. And if you account for things like genetic drift and genetic isolation - it's even more striking.

Whiteness is a vague term, but Europeans are very similar genetically. I don't like the term either, it tends to be adopted by Americans who are ethnically mixed.

Because it's too confusing for americans

*vague concept

this, burgers can't even find their own country on the map, how would they find all the european ones

The very chart you posted shows things like Sephardic Jews being close to Italians and Middle-Eastern Jews being more related to other Middle-Easterners than each other.

They aren't near Iberians, and Ashkenazi Jews aren't anywhere near Poles. Despite living in those places for centuries and centuries.

Mizrahi Jews are pulling toward Levant populations as well.

>Debatable
Nope.

I don't know if I can group Greeks and Iberians together.

Why the hostility?

>it doesn't fit my narrative so I'm gonna leave obvious examples out

Why is 'race' still a thing?

Syrians are whiter than Italians.

>Woah, it's like, race, doesn't mean shit scientifically and American memes of citizen phenotypical classification are unscientific bullshit. Wow, you mean to say, I can't lump ethnicities along with complex genetic clustering into neat supercategories?! But I'm magenta! My peoplez are magenta! Holy shit!

Did this baby participate in slavery and the holocaust?

Are they?

Seems like sicilians and syrians are the same.

Because everyone else was too damn weird-looking by comparison.

>All Italians are Sicilians
Kill yourself.

By your standards

Americans.

still a nigger, may have white skin but it's still a nigger.

by everyones standards, the white form is the most desired around the world.

Color of skin is only one of many race factors.

that pic is so hilariously out of date

seems pretty accurate to me. Maybe the clothing isn't since white have civilized these people but the facial features and structures are spot on.

>Why is 'white' a race?
Because term 'white' was made by a fool hamburgeroeater, may be a cop

What the fuck is this person then?

Jet black skin, curly hair, but "caucasian" facial features

There are so many different ethnic groups that look totally different.

Id go gay for him no homo

He doesn't represent the majority of sub Saharan. The Negro skull is not the same as a Caucasoid skull.

those people are just black arabs, the horn of africa is not the same as you typical Congolese nigger.

you'd get aids.

So there are more than just 5 kinds of people then?

Like I said.

Don't care but mongrel subhuman Amerittards are sure not white

if "black" is a race than "white" is a race

Sicilians are basically arabs yes. Italy as a nation is non sensical social construct and probably reason why fascists didnt go for ethnic nationalism. Theres just no way you can argue that germanic north italians are the same people as south italians and sicilians.

5 major races of people. Skin color doesn't determine the "race," skull structure does. Those within the "caucasoid" category are present in all of Europe, India, and the Horn of Africa (which includes Ethiopia).

It was invented when the Dutch saw a black guy for the first time

>using outdated "science"

Humans=only one race

I can't fathom being so brain-fucked that you genuinely think an African looks like an Asian.

factual science.

A nigger.

North Italians aren't Germanic just because they're white.

What? Never.
White women for instance:
Bad: thin lips, man-jawed, small eyes, no curves
Good: nice hair and eye colours, tall, slim noses

Don't you have a phrenology meeting to get to

Of course they are. Genetically they're pretty much Swiss.

>Italy as a nation is non sensical social construct

By this metric all nations are nonsensical social constructs.

Germanic as a genetic rather than cultural label loses all meaning away from the North Sea.

Nope.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy

Nope.

>using your eyes to see that Chinese do not look anything like Ugandans is phrenology
wew lad

Khoisan don't even have the same skull than the restof Africa
And what about multiracial people?

>forensics is outdated
Fuck off, m8.

>judging by tone rather than his features
He practically an aryan painted black you double nigger.

>muh skull shapes
>muh pigmentation doesn't matter
Go back to apricity you fucking retard. They're niggers.

Melanin is far more immediately adaptive than skull structure.

>This person was born with THREE arms and no legs that totally disproves the statement that humans taxonomically have two arms and two legs!

Cephalic index and facial proportions can literally change over two generations thanks to nutrition and environment, meanwhile niggers won't magically become white, ever, unless they mix.
Furthermore, your Ethiopians don't cluster with Europeans on any genetic study that's ever been published and in fact cluster with other niggers and Yemenis, so this "black Aryan" theory of your is absolute nonsense.

>Cephalic index and facial proportions can literally change over two generations thanks to nutrition and environment

Not enough to make a Somali look like a Bantu. You're delusional if you think an entire population can develop caucasoid appearance due to diet.

>so this "black Aryan" theory of your is absolute nonsense.

Nobody is saying they're literally black Aryans. I'm saying that lumping all people with the same skin color together is autistic and stupid.

Thats a black baby

He is not black. Thats for sure
I will call every caucasian with dark skin : super black

If so, then why do we have a variety of hair colors, facial features, and eye colors; while every other race has the same hair color and eye color (although i will give you the fact that the mongoloids vary in skin tone along with the whites).

Sexual selection. How is this so hard to comprehend? Dogs are basically identical to one another genetically too. German shepherd is far closer to a poodle than to a wolf despite the fact he "looks" more similar to a wolf.

if all Euros mixed equally without any concideration for their genes; then wouldn't the gingers go out pretty quickly with blondes being an anomoly since brunette is dominant over them. All i'm saying is that our wider variety of genes make us more diverse than others. Also, if this truely isn't the case than what other genes do we have that are more differentiated by other races (tl;dr: examples plz)...

You're still confusing phenotype and genotype.

sorry it's been like 15 years since i took hs biology.