Historically speaking, how prevalent was transgenderism in the past...

Historically speaking, how prevalent was transgenderism in the past? Is it just a recent phenomenon or did it also exist in early civilizations? And if it did exist, was it as a fetish?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muxe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus#Sex.2Fgender_controversy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well today it's still about 0.6% of the US population so whatever it was its probably so small you could consider it a rounding error.

One literally became Caesar of Rome.

>trans women like Lego planes
Why have I never heard this stereotype before

that has to be one of the most virgin pics in this site

Trans"women" are basically just incredibly autistic men. Every tranny I ever met was into math, grand strategies, analytical philosophy or some shit like that. Real women in comparison are mentally subhuman and only care about shallow, easily digestible shit.
Plus you need to have autism and some other degree of mental disability to become a tranny to begin with.

I'm not OP but that pic is incredibly accurate. Speaking as someone who dated both women and trannies.

are we talking about legit trannies or are we talking about fags?

I'm not sure if Elagabalus was an actual tranny or it was just something written to smear him. Ancient history is a colossal bitch when it comes to accuracy because most accounts were written as a propaganda either glorifying or demonizing a king. When you go all the way down to Egypt, this becomes a huge problem because those retards outright refused to mention the battles they lost.

This is more anthropological, but here's something you might be interested in.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muxe

the concept of transgenderism is at most 60 or so years old: any reference to a person being "transgender" before that is an anachronism.

in order to have the concept of transgender, you need to believe that sex/gender is materially based (not transcendental as other times and civilizations have believed) and you need a sufficiently advanced understanding of science (including the existence of material products like makeup) for ANY person to be able to pass. (there have been people before who could naturally pass, but the existence of transgenderism as a concept is predicated on the fact that anyone, with sufficient help from science, should be able to pass.)

did people dress up as other sexes before? yes, of course. but they didn't do so to "become" the other gender. it was either a matter of disguising oneself for different social opportunities or playing the roles of other genders the West does not recognize. but it's just flat out wrong to see a woman dress up as a man in 1700 and say that she's transgender.

Elagabalus is described as wanting to become a real woman, and offered to pay a hefty sum to a doctor who could make him into one. He was also drinking mare piss which was basically an early form of hormonal replacement. So regardless of whether the accounts about him are accurate, it's clear the concept existed even back then.

depends, how many times do you hear about being offended in ancient text?

Trannies are best females. (If passable)

endocrine disruptors and post-modernism

>Speaking as someone who dated both women and trannies

trans*wymyn ARE wymyn, cisbigot

Look I'm all for chasing boypussy and traps and such but honestly women aren't *that* bad. You're probably just ugly..

Hi Keanu!

Women are pure evil.

Sup, succubus.

There was a roman emperor that was an open transgender:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus

Also there's some shit in Japanese about it, and no I'm not talking about Mulan (that's Chinese and not a trans thing).

It was prevalent among the Scythians, according to the Greeks

>So they turned back, and when they came on their way to the city of Ascalon in Syria, most of the Scythians passed by and did no harm, but a few remained behind and plundered the temple of Heavenly Aphrodite. This temple, I discover from making inquiry, is the oldest of all the temples of the goddess, for the temple in Cyprus was founded from it, as the Cyprians themselves say; and the temple on Cythera was founded by Phoenicians from this same land of Syria. But the Scythians who pillaged the temple, and all their descendants after them, were afflicted by the goddess with the “female” sickness: and so the Scythians say that they are afflicted as a consequence of this and also that those who visit Scythian territory see among them the condition of those whom the Scythians call “Hermaphrodites”.
— The Histories, book I, chapter 105. Herodotus

>I didn't read the thread because I'm a nigger

>And, in addition to these, there are many eunuchs among the Scythians, who perform female work, and speak like women. Such persons are called effeminates. The inhabitants of the country attribute the cause of their impotence to a god, and venerate and worship such persons, every one dreading that the like might befall himself; but to me it appears that such affections are just as much divine as all others are, and that no one disease is either more divine or more human than another, but that all are alike divine, for that each has its own nature, and that no one arises without a natural cause. But I will explain how I think that the affection takes its rise. From continued exercise on horseback they are seized with chronic defluxions in their joints owing to their legs always hanging down below their horses; they afterwards become lame and stiff at the hip-joint, such of them, at least, as are severely attacked with it. They treat themselves in this way: when the disease is commencing, they open the vein behind either ear, and when the blood flows, sleep, from feebleness, seizes them, and afterwards they awaken, some in good health and others not. To me it appears that the semen is altered by this treatment, for there are veins behind the ears which, if cut, induce impotence; now, these veins would appear to me to be cut. Such persons afterwards, when they go in to women and cannot have connection with them, at first do not think much about it, but remain quiet; but when, after making the attempt two, three, or more times, they succeed no better, fancying they have committed some offence against the god whom they blame for the affection, they put on female attire, reproach themselves for effeminacy, play the part of women, and perform the same work as women do.
— On Airs, Waters, and Places , chapter 22. Hippocrates

Why didn't you read the thread? Being back isn't an excuse.

Here's a short cut to the important part:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus#Sex.2Fgender_controversy

Wait this just sounds like erectile dysfunction..

In hinduism the concept of transgender or third gender has existed for a long time, atleast from the start of Upanishads around 800-400BC as Shiva was identified as Adi-Shakthi, as in when he and his wife unite he becomes the transgender form a union of the male destructive and female creative energy, so the third genders had a limited form of reservation and protection though social stigma is quiet prevalent. They usually roam in large gangs asking for money which if you dont give they flash you at best or rape you at worst.