Buddha sat under a tree at the age of 29, and after 6 years at the age of 35 he became 'enlightened'...

Buddha sat under a tree at the age of 29, and after 6 years at the age of 35 he became 'enlightened'. He then wandered the earth for over 40 years until he died.

Are we supposed to believe he didn't become more enlightened over time? Buddhism teaches that everything changes, but apparently the Buddha's mind was static?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88
youtube.com/watch?v=80fbdQBwbO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it a bigger leap than Christ being resurrected?

Yes, because that actually happened

>imagine a number greater than infinity

There are many sects within Buddhism, some that hold that enlightenment can occur instantaneously and others that believe that it is a gradual process that happens in stages. Mostly, enlightenment is a seen as a path. Gautama, "The Buddha", didn't go from zero to buddha in a second, it took him a while.

Enlightened is just the process of waking up from the delusion.

>Buddha mind was static

Buddha changed stance a few times. Mainly because arguments by others made valid points that he didn't consider or didnt put emphasis on.

For example, he didn't originally want women to join the order because of motherhood and the trials being much more difficult for women. However later changed it because his aunt had gathered a group of women dedicated enough to be monks. So he ordained them.

There are infinite numbers between 1 and 2. Then there's 3. The 3 is clearly bigger than the infinite between 1 and 2. So a number greater than infinite exist. Infinite can be eclipsed and can form sets of infinite, and sets of sets of infinites and so on. But there is a limit.

youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88

sources: Bible

>implying I need more sources

Nobody has ever achieved "enlightenment". It's a spook.

>Imagine a number greater than infinity.
Okay. Infinity +1

Proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=80fbdQBwbO4

I don't know that Buddha would stop becoming wiser over time; the issue would be that from the limited perspective of the average person the changes would be meaningless.

That's not the story at all. He sat under a tree for 40 days or so after having been an ascetic for 6 years.

ENLIGHTENMENT IS NOT GRADATED; IT IS TOTAL.

How does one start Buddhism? What book should I buy?

>he believes in the spook meme.

Lovely way to justify doing horrendous things to other humans.

What the Buddha Taught - Richard F. Gombrich.

anything by thich nhat hanh

Infinity+1=infinity

I recommend "In the Buddha's Words" by Bhikkhu Bodhi. Anthology of discourses from the various Nikayas of Theravada Buddhism.

The Buddha's life story is mythological, it's likely he was a monk or priest of some kind, not some spoiled rich kid who never saw suffering (I mean come on, even today that would be close to impossible). But it doesn't really matter, what Buddha was or did, only the lessons he taught to his followers are important. Buddhists don't worship Buddha as a god and don't seek to emulate his life slavishly like Christcucks do.

Its Not enlightenment is ego death

the whole point of the dispassion from sensuality and becoming is precisely that there is an end to the path meaning that there is nothing else to do after this, and it is a good thing to do.

Even if the ''path'' left you in a good state and is not reversible, if there would be no end to the path, then the path would not be worth it.

People believe that ending something is bad, but it is actually good. An everlasting quest with no clear knowledge of ending is bad.

Yu-gi-oh is such a bullshit game somtimes.

>my nigga

Tell me about the Dugpas and the hat sects

>Buddhists don't worship Buddha as a god and don't seek to emulate his life slavishly like Christcucks do.

yes they do, there is nothing wrong with that he even describes it as a boat to get across the river, there is nothing wrong with the way christians do it either infact christians of the present day, are less devoted which is what brings them failure in there salvation

So he was effectively dead?

No, they don't. The Buddha expressly instructed his disciples not to worship him, and that the gods are actually lower, karmicly speaking, than humans.

Infinity is a concept not a number

Yes.

"He" "is" "effectively" "dead"

bump