What is the origin of the Afrocentric interpretation of Ancient Egypt

the idea that Egypt was a Sub Saharian African civilization

Other urls found in this thread:

editors.eol.org/eoearth/wiki/Sahara_Desert
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nubia
washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/?utm_term=.c2f185aada09
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Egyptian_hypothesis
youtu.be/3l7PJUSzJRE
youtu.be/BplsGX5eLLo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Americans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some pharaoh's were darker/subsaharan I think. A short lived dinasty I cannot remember and don't really care to.

Negroes have trouble accepting that their race accomplished nothing. So they try to attach themselves to ancient egypt.

I think it started with Marcus Garvey in the early 20th century

isn't the whole movement based on the idea that Heroditus mentioned that the Egyptians were "black" in his histories?

even though his concept and usage of black does not automatically equate to American blackness

sad truth

It's quite pathetic to be honest

It's fringe among Americans. There is actually a lot more threads like this one than actual wuzzing. With that said, ancient Egyptians were largely what would be considered "black" by modern standards, not related to black Americans, but people of color nonetheless.

Threads like these are actually used to covertly bash black Americans, because for whatever reason they are by far the most thought about ethnic group in the world.

>inb4 study based off Greek mummies.

Because Egypt is in Africa.

It would be like asking, what is the origin of euro-centric interpretation of Rome?

they think every african country is the same and are interchangeable

europeans don't? lol

were moors black too you fucking retard?

>It's fringe among Americans
It's not, most black people in the US of A really do believe that the ancient egyptians were black because >africa

Many of them were "black" both pure and mixed.
They were more similar to black Americans in that they had a substantial west African component as opposed to the East African component of Nile peoples.

>I-It's fringe
>people of color
>ancient Egyptians were largely what would be considered "black"
>Threads like these are actually racist
>black people are by far the most thought about ethnic group in the world

in general, they don't but that's beside the point. Afro-centrists are usually uneducated on the matter. They think that if one African civilization was KANGZ(Egyptians) then all of Africa was populated by KANGZ. Even if it was true that Egyptians were black, none of the slaves that ended up in America were taken from Egypt, they share no blood with them, basketball Americans are wrong to think they were KANGZ N' SHIET. besides, we all know that the pyramids and everything that made the Egyptians a great civilization was invented by the any lmaos.

Nubian dynasty that happened for a bit at one point in early history. Probably before the Sahara desert became a true desert and dangerous to cross. After that, Egyptians basically had a natural barrier from the rest of Africa to the south.
editors.eol.org/eoearth/wiki/Sahara_Desert

>because for whatever reason they are by far the most thought about ethnic group in the world.

Because they are one of the few groups of people that fails to assimilate after decades of living in a country.

Because 13% black minority commits more murders in USA than whites, asians, mexicans and others combined

Literally we wuz. Besides why do you group all nonwhites together? Blacks have nothing to do with Asians or Arabs

>the poverty and crime rate meme
it's funny because none of the other groups you mentioned with lower poverty had the displeasure over being brought against their will to a different country as slaves, then once freed knew nothing bit a life of poverty and shit education compared to white due to racism for the longest time. But yeah why couldn't they pull themselves up like othe minorities who came to the U.S. on their OWN volition with the sole purpose of making a better life. Odd.Meanwhile current Africans that immigrate to the U.S. and Europe actually tend to be successful. Very Odd indeed.

>Meanwhile current Africans that immigrate to the U.S. and Europe
Not that I believe in race sciences but you don't have to lie. Africans who come to Europe do not do well.

In America we don't just call any brown "black". When we say black we always mean West African, Subsaharan African, Horn African, or mulatto. No one would go to Egypt today and think "these people are all niggers" unless you use an outdated Brit version of the term.

idk about Europw then but I do know about Anerica. Many Nigerian and other west african immigrants come over, have their kids do well in school, go to college major in mostly sciences, and do well enough. Same with many East Africans. they don't contribute to high crime rates in the same way either mostly cause they aren't so poor nor likely to go and stay on welfare.

W. E. B. Du Bois and Cheikh Anta Diop

AHHAHA this dude is still whining about something that happend over 160 years ago.

Dude Italians were poor 100 years ago and look at them now. Blacks had a long time to get their shit together.

>idk about Europw then but I do know about Anerica. Many Nigerian and other west african immigrants come over, have their kids do well in school, go to college major in mostly sciences, and do well enough.

This is why we call it American education. Affirmative action in action. You should see how they do in 99% white European countries when no one gives them a free pass.

kek you can't use the "they're poor because they're uneducated" meme anymore. they have access to the same education as whites and actually universities and colleges give them scholarships just because they're niggers yet they're still niggers. It's because of their cancerous culture

You have to admit that blacks in USA do poorly in school. Its the same in UK.

If you dont want us to be racist stop spreading lies. And talking about nigerian migrants doing well. They get outperformed by Asians Europeans and Arabs

aman you're dumb. Italians came over by their own free will with a plan to get rich in America. Same as Jews, Asians, Irish, Indians, and current Africans. black Americans came over against their will, not speaking the language, forced ro forgwt thwir culture, and broken into slaves for years until they were finally released into a life of poverty That's the difference. I guess you didn't actually read my post and you fail at reading comprehension as predicted.

Are you even European? And Affirmative action hardly means,anything if they end up finishing school anyway. Plus it doesn't work how you think it does.

Great now this thread us being derailed.

Black Americans sure.
African immigrants do better than them.
I'm not spreading lies, it's based on what I've seen. I'm not talking about who has the highest scores, Whites would lose in that department as well. Are you even European btw, how would you even know? I'm talking about the amount of them that do something with themselves besides be thugs, ballers, and rappers. Which is quite alot.

It started when Americans started saying "African-American" instead of "Black".

For your average Black person in America they know nothing about Africa, but with simpleton logic one can deduce that if you are a black person which are all called African and there is a continent called Africa, this must mean African = Black. Since Egypt is located in Africa, then Egypt MUST have been a black civilization.

learn to read well look I don't want this to turn into a fucking /pol/ thread. Nit that thia thread jad much potential anyway. We're getting of topic, why do we even have to bring up modern society on every thread like this,on a Veeky Forums board. It's so stupid and irrelevant. Yet /pol/tards insist.

Yes i am an European and i laugh at American education. It has become worse than Indian or Pakistani education. You lowered it so you can cater to low IQ "minorities"

Whenever a group of people who self-identify as a unique people (a tribe) feel threatened by other groups they make up stories about an imagined past that will justify their existence and thus self-determination. See: FRYOM. It's no different with African-Americans. As soon as they gained rights and started organizing they invented their past which was that they were the founders of all civilisation including Egypt and Sumeria, and that whites stole all their knowledge from them and enslaved them.

It was for a short time but they were overtaken by North Africans and Arabs.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nubia
Egypt is basically mixed though.
I will agree Blacks in America are not really related to them anyway since they were all from West Africa.

You know I agree with you. Lincoln's plan to send the free slaves back to Africa was the best for america but they didn't have the money. Also
>thread is about modern afro-centrists
>complains about people discussing modernity
the thread was always barely Veeky Forums related. if you don't like it, stop posting here. There's like 100 other threads on Veeky Forums right now

African students outscore whites in Math and English in England

Culture matters

>It was for a short time
For about 100 years.

So, it's irrelevant.
>Egypt is basically mixed though.
Yeah now it is, mixed by Sub-saharan Africans. Which wasn't the case during ancient Egypt.

American education is the way it is because it is not standardized across all districts and states and Americans are afraid of math. Not all schools are the same quality in America so some are absolute shit, while others are amazing. Let me tell you a secret, nearly all the people who become teachers in the U.S. do so because it's easy. Primary school education is a joke and many teachers are incompetent or lazy. Same, with highschool to some degree.
And again, what does which group had the highest test scores off all have to do with Africans doing well and finishing school?

They are more like with Asians, though not to the same harsh degree. Their parents force them to study a lot and get good grades rather than having extensive social lives when young.

Nah, Nigerians are shit.

Even in crime-free and clean countries like Japan/South Korea, they're the bottom of barrel drug dealers and human trash.

>English
>Objectively graded
This is an A paper in an america university

fine then fuck this thread and other threads like it.
The Nubian were black though, so even in ancient Egypt they became mixed people is my point.
>inb4 east Africans are not black meme
you know that is b.s. by all standards

>the Nubian were black though
Good for for the nubians but this is a thread about ancient Egypt.

>washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/?utm_term=.c2f185aada09

And God apparently saw it fit to divide the races.

Not always, youre,stereotyping based on some instances I bet. Many of the Nigerians there were stow aways on ships I heard. Besides why do some Nigerians have to do with all Africans?
plus I guess you missued the math part too huh? With that kind of selective journalism, consider a job with CNN.
Besides, you claimed they do universalmy worse than every othere group and they clearly don't.

>lets ignore the math portion

>Lets ignore that this is a SAT like test in England and has little to no paper writing

10/10 post

That was a class created by greedy universities in order to protect the eligibility of their basketball players who bring in crap loads of money to the school. It's not relevant to the performance of non-athlete students.

Yes, foreign students make for good students.

Who could have thought.

Nigerians probably outperform native Russians in Russia too, that has no correlation on whether or not Nigerians are smarter than Russians. Sampling an entire population from a small fraction knows as their foreign student population means nothing.

>foreign students
Those are over 100,000 students born in England just for Nigerians

They aren't foreign born

This is retarded.

Foreign students have easier tests than native British, especially easier English test.

>We_have_this_thread_every_day.jpg

These aren't foreign students they are all born in England

Also proof

Britain and US get the cream of the cream of the crop when it comes to exchange students from Africa or India. Or any immigrant group. In fact I don't understand their bitching...maybe it's because the immigrants are too fucking good. It's the opposite in every other non-english speaking country..

I never said all Pharoahs in ancient Egypt were black, especially considering the Nubian empire was only 100 years like you said. Did you even my source? Did you even read your own source?
They were only able to preserve,DNA from periods as old as 1300B.C. and Egypt is older than that. Intact DNA in hot temperatures is hard to get your hands on so I understand their troubles, but still I don't see how that complety discounts anything that I said. Nubians have been around Egyptians for a long time, and while they only had their own dynasty for a,short time, it doesn't discount my point.
I answered OPs question
>now this fag is talking about religion at of nowhere.
ugh

>WE b da bois

but it even if it is true, which it isn't, you ignoring the math section and moving the goal post again!
You know what forget it, fuck this thread, it was obviously never Veeky Forums related anyway.
sage.

Decades?
Try centuries

Assimilate? Black Americans ARE America. Have you ever been to America's Capitol?

Yes Nubians controlled Egypt for ~100 year, talking about black Egytian civilization therefore makes about as much sense as talking about Libyan Rome because this one emperor was born in modern day Libya.

Egyptians weren't black.

Romans weren't North Africans.

now fuck off

False totally false. The Egyptians were Semitic people and not "people of color" dna testing and confirmed this time and time again,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Egyptian_hypothesis

the slavery meme. WHats their excuse today?

false, the African migrants to europe are not successful, they are almost totally responsible for the current crime wave in europe.

They would have been dark skinned like Copts, but definitely not "black", as afrocentrists claim.

They're not semitic.

the egyptians were not sub saharian blacks

you fucking retard

That's why Nigeria has never produced a science on the level of Newton or Einstein

but yeah your right they get "higher scores" than whites

They are Semitic.

They predate the flawed concept of "subsaharan", and are not subsaharan, but would be considered "black" due to the fact that "black" encompasses such a wide range of shades and phenotypes, thanks largely to the one drop rule.

Why are you basing an Ancient Egyptian's race based on the one drop rule which was an American invention in the 18th century lol

But it wasn't just one phoaroh it was a dynasty for 100 years. You just literally made the worse false equivilancy ever by comparing it to one emperor who had lubiyan blood.. Plus I didn't say they were or even are specifically black. They were and are mixed which got more complicated when the Greeks then Arabs came over. It's you're pretending he slaughter all the Nubians in the the damn country after semites took over from them They didn't! Just the royal family likely.
I was answering ops question of why blacks think what they think as well.
But you know what forget it, a fool is a fool no matter how much you answer him. Best not to do it too long.

If prince, Mariah Carey, and Steph curry are "black", then so too are the vast majority of Egyptians of all time.

Maybe the fact that Egypt is IN Africa has something to do with it?

everyone north of the Sahara isn't a nigger.

stop talking, the "sub-Saharan" concept is not flawed. The people in northern Africa are Semitic people who share more in common with people from Levant than some nigger in the Congo.

stop talking.
go back to /b/
and post traps.

You asked a question and he answered it you peice of shit. Why does this bother you so much anyway? It's not like you're related to them unless you are semitic or Arab. Yet you let this bother you so much that you must make and/or post in threads about it every day. How can this be such a threat to you?
I almost want blacks to keep asserting this because you let it piss you off so much lol.

The Sahara desert did not exist in its current state at the time of ancient Egypt. Sub-Saharan is a new and racialized term meant to divide the peoples of Africa, it implies a hard stop rather than a transition. There is a transition zone called the Sahel, also the Nile crosses the Sahara and has always provided a link.

Semites originate from Ethiopia.

Egyptian isn't a Semitic language. It belongs to the same Afroasiatic language family as the Semitic languages. You're correct that Afroasiastic peoples in North Africa and the Levant are similar to one another genetically, as they are linguistically.

But Egyptians, like Berbers, are not Semites.

There are genomic differences between North Africans and the populations that live below the Sahara, he is right about that. And North African populations are closer to Levantines than to East Africans.

That's true only in extreme North Africa along the Mediterranean coast. The people of southern Egypt are much more closely related to Sudanese and Ethiopians than levantines.

Ehhhh sure

It's no one but the Jews and the colonialists fault that the biblical Ham was equated with the African continent and ALL it's ethnicities.

>fringe

Really show me a film adaptation without a shaven and tanned version of some metrosexual like this guy
youtu.be/3l7PJUSzJRE

or perhaps this is more up that alley.
youtu.be/BplsGX5eLLo

The Nubian attempt at pyramids is so fucking laughable its unreal

>literally just smaller versions

Nothing bad at all. I know you are trying hard though

>Sub-Saharan.

Well, at the end of the pre-dynastic period the Sahara had begun to dry, which ended a period of humidity in the area and forced the groups of humans at the time to gather closer to the Nile.

Agreed. It's a moot point at the end of the day, since most black people you see today are descendants of the diaspora from the West-African coast. Senegal and Nigeria are thousands of kilometers away from the Nile river. The "black" Egyptians were likely from Northeastern and Eastern Africa (so modern day Sudan and Eritrea). Seeing African-Americans cosplay as Egyptians makes about as much sense as seeing Filipinos dress up as samurai.

Egyptians themselves had plenty of tiny pyramids. The Great Pyramids of Giza are called "THE GREAT" for a reason.

How so, wouldn't an American from Sudan technically be an "African American".

Africa American usually refers to the majority of black americans that were taken from west Africa. The descendants of the slaves

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Americans

Shouldn't they have a more accurate name then?